Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well Usyk won't knock him out but he's unbeaten to this point and he gained good experience by fighting Chisora. Chisora mightn't be that great but he puts you through a physical bout.

The guy is still unbeaten and he'll definitely go in there believing he's gonna win.

It's an interesting bout because it's speed and guile vs power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

It will be unusual to see aj spoiling and leaning trying to trap and wear out Usyk. It’s not his usual or natural game plan so his execution of it will be interesting to see. I’d say Usyk will look good for four rounds then takeover and stoppage for aj

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭ebbsy

He looks so slow and vulnerable in this clip. It’s a sin that he’s being allowed to fight

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1435726185984561152?s=19b

How was he given a licence.

• Advertisement

Lads, nobody shows what they can do on pads.

I have no horse in the race, but if I did, I'd have it on Holyfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Over in less than 1 round, it was pretty ugly for Evander, but thankfully he seems ok at the end, but at 58 he really didn't need that. Hopefully the money was substantial at least. Anyone who commissions another fight with him no matter the opponent should be fired into the sun.

Haye somehow wasn't much better, fought his mate and showed nothing that would worry any serious pro. I dunno really what his plan is, he's probably to good for the celebs, but anyone half decent hurts him.

Its up on YouTube.

The best bit about that fight is that the ref showed sound judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Vitor Belfort stops overwhelmed Evander Holyfield in first round, calls out Jake Paul

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

And David Haye calls out Tyson Fury 😂

• Advertisement

Looks like Evander showed exactly what he could do on the pads. It’s a disgrace that he was allowed to fight

I for one detest these low tier celeb match ups. They belong with the white collar stuff - banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

He wasn't in California and the whole card had to be moved to Florida last minute

Me thinks with the like of Trump involved they pulled a few string

Evander's family need to step in & tell him to stop,

It actually looked like Belfrot was going easy on him so sad ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Haye must have one of the biggest ego's I've ever seen, the only person in the world who gave a crap that he was fighting again was himself.

He must be surrounded by yes men. Does he forget he couldn't beat Tony Bellew in two fights over 3 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,598 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He really does

Loves himself.......was bashed in his last two fights against Bellew....I reckon he just can't come to terms with the sting of these two clear concussive losses.

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

He's like a spoilt child who just can't get their around the fact that everything doesn't always go your way.

I'd say a hell of a lot of that man's time is spent admiring himself in the mirror 😃

Johnny Nelson saying last night that Fury should probably fight Haye after the Wilder fight & the AJ fight will never happen

Absolute nonsense ,

I'm not sure why but the lads at sky always seem determined to get the public thinking Fury & AJ shouldn't fight its bizarre ,They should be the ones saying its the only fight anyone wants , I'm convinced they don't want AJ any where near Fury until Fury is beaten or gets old and uninterested ,

AJ wants the fight....that is all that matters......it almost happened this year.......

I don;t think the Sky lads are that bothered or personally/emotionally connected to AJ to care here....they are most likely like me and you and want to see the fight now.....

Fury was on about Whyte after Wilder and then AJ, and then fooking Chisora, wherever that came from

• Advertisement

Certainly agree with your latter points. Not sure they want Fury Joshua cos they should be clamouring for it and they aren’t. The fashionable thing is to lick Joshuas ass and call Fury a lunatic in a veiled way. Neither are angels or demons imo.

Fury shouting to get whyte is surprising but chisora is mind boggling

Why would they not want it? Makes no sense. They aren’t his blood. They’re just pundits.

It’s not like AJ has loads years left. And there are very few actual challenges outside of Wilder and Fury and Usyk..

Hearn and AJ were trying to make the fight. It was done and dusted till Wilder ruined it.

I honestly think AJ will and early and ko him

Its going to be easy work and people will get over excited again about AJ, i just can't see Usyk keeping AJ off him or taking AJ's power

I don't know as i said its bizarre but they always seem to talk the fight down and to suggest the Haye fight is just mental ,

Only think that makes sense is they don't fancy AJ to beat Fury & if he does lose the gravy train takes a massive hit maybe want a few more gimme before the risk the golden goose ,

It still makes no sense...

It's not like AJ hasn't been beaten.....he was shocked/humiliated by a fat Ruiz a few years ago.....the golden goose has already been goosed.

What gravy train? The chap has had many PPV events. The Fury one would be biggest ever in boxing...

AJ wants it. Hearn wants it. Fury wants it. The fans wants it. Why would Johnny Nelson not?

And, win or lose they could absolutely sell a rematch......no matter what happens in fight 1. Still be a huge seller

Ruiz beating AJ surely has shown them that he is far from invincible, so why would they be thinking of more gimme fights, and ones that could possibly cause an upset, which would dampen the desire and clamor for Fury/AJ.

He's fighting the 3rd/4th best HW on earth next week.....some even think this chap is a real banana skin.

I'm not buying this gimme nonsense...there is nobody left for AJ other than Fury and Wilder really...

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Whyte vs Wallin on October 30th. I can see Whyte losing that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

AJ USYK

WHYTE WALLIN

FURY WILDER

FURY HAMMER

AJAGBA SANCHEZ

HELENIUS KOWANCKI

KABAYEL HUCK

Decent fights before year end then we have Ruiz Ortiz Joyce Parker Chisora Hunter Dubois without fights hopefully some of them fight each other

3rd or 4th best heavy weight ?

How or why ? Honestly what has he done to make you think he is even in the top 5 ?

He barley beat a past it Chisora ,

Uysk doesn't have the size or power to be a top heavy weight

Can't see anyway he even makes 12 rounds with AJ , He doesn't even have a punchers chance

I am saying that this is what is being said and is perceived...I have not yet rated him, as to date he has not done anything

He is actually ranked 10 by ring magazine, but really, he is better than Parker and Whyte, who are both ranked above him, and whom AJ has already beaten

I'd also pick him t0 beat fat Ruiz and Ortiz and Joe Joyce; all these also above him...

I'd favor him to beat all not named Fury and AJ....I even think he could beat Wilder.

So to have a view that he is in the top 4/5 is not crazy....

• Advertisement

After watching his first two heavy weight fights i would fancy Whyte, Joyce, Ruiz & Ortiz to beat him

Looks very ordinary if you rate him on his actually fights at the weight so far, All the above have the power to hurt him

Advertisement