Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Agreed with the above about Fury. Glad to see him back. I've heard it might be Briggs he is facing. He should fight the winner of the Bellew v Haye bout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I’d like to see him fight Briggs! Great fun in the build up. He could be a tough enough return fight though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Good to see Fury back. I think if he has a few fights, gets fit and back to his best he’d be the best challenge out there for AJ.
    He’s very awkward, smart and self aware. He knows his own weaknesses and can see others. He can work out a plan and stick to it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,174 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wheres Hennessey gone?

Furys return, meh. See what happens, a sideshow outside the ring and pretty damn boring inside the ring.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

3 years out is a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Delighted to have Fury back, and to be fair, he is still unbeaten and has great skill for a heavyweight.
    Would love to see him beat Joshua

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ebbsy wrote: »
    3 years out is a long time.

It is....

Don't anyone be surprised if Fury looks like a sack of sh1t on June 9....

Anyway, him and AJ fighting will need a fair bit of wheeling and dealing and workings....

Wait for the non stop nonsense of "AJ needs to beat me before he can call himself champ," all the while not really wanting to get the fight made

• Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

walshb wrote: »
    It is....

Anyway, him and AJ fighting will need a fair bit of wheeling and dealing and workings....

Wait for the non stop nonsense of "AJ needs to beat me before he can call himself champ," all the while not really wanting the get the fight made

I think he'll want the fight. Huge money.

Hes right too that AJ needs to beat him as Fury is the lineal champ.

The Nal wrote: »

Lineal champ nonsense....

Sure he could just stay "retired" and still spout that crap...

He's a convicted cheat/doper, so that makes the lineal champ angle even more crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

He's a convicted cheat/doper, so that makes the lineal champ angle even more crap...
    He the lineal champ weather you like it or not its a fact,
    I think Fury will want the fight and look for it next summer ,
    If there is one think Fury will love it will be beating AJ , he always thought he never got the love or hype AJ did for beating Wlad first and I think the main reason he is even making a come back is for the AJ fight,
    I don't think it'll be about money with Fury either (it never has been)   he truly thinks he will show Aj up ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah the positive nandrolone test certainly dirtied his bib.

It'll be a huge fight regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

so much revisionism about Fury, he was dull as **** to watch most of the time. He couldn't sell tickets to save his life and the most important peice of it all, hes a dirty cheating doper.

Lineal champ has no real true feel or meaning to it because of issues/permutations and subjectivity surrounding it

In Fury's case the "title" means eff all....

He is no longer considered the lineal champion anyway.

Lineal champ has no real true feel or meaning to it because of issues/permutations and subjectivity surrounding it

In Fury's case the "title" means eff all....

Feeling depends on a personal view but it most certainly has a meaning ,weather you like it or not, it mean's he was the man to beat the man,

Massive fight, and one I want to really see happen in the next 6-12 months....

Massive fight, and one I want to really see happen in the next 6-12 months....
    id imagine it'll be of next summer ,
    I'd say AJ fights once more this year then Wilder next spring then Fury ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It is....

Wait for the non stop nonsense of "AJ needs to beat me before he can call himself champ," all the while not really wanting the get the fight made

+1

Fury is going to need a fair few warm up fights before AJ. A good percentage of those fights will need to be against low risk tomato cans.

There is a fair chance that Fury will lose before he gets to AJ. The fight may never happen.

As for the actual fight, a few years ago Fury would have a great chance. Now ? I wouldn't put a cent on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 eliterank

Signing with Warren just to piss off Eddie Hearn lol

ebbsy wrote: »

As for the actual fight, a few years ago Fury would have a great chance. Now ? I wouldn't put a cent on him.

I would still have confidently put money on AJ, but now, I would be super confident on an AJ win...

I think its silly to write of a former world champion , who dethroned Wlad after all them year's before seeing him fight, 
    3 fights and he could be back to his best Fury is a naturally ,
    IF it was another weight class u'd be more worried about the time but Heavy weight is not like other weigh classes ,I see him getting 2 cans and then a decent fight and then Aj

• Advertisement

I think its silly to write of a former world champion , who dethroned Wlad after all them year's before seeing him fight, 
    IF it was another weight class u'd be more worried about the time but Heavy weight is not like other weigh classes ,I see him getting 2 cans and then a decent fight and then Aj

Not silly to write him off if you are coming from the starting point that even at his best he gets knocked out vs. AJ....

Not just me who thinks this...

I think it would, or could be kind of 'boxing foolish' to think that Fury will be as good as he was a few years ago....

Anyway, June 9 will tell the first tale...his next fight after that another tale and so on!

Not silly to write him off if you are coming from the starting point that even at his best he gets knocked out vs. AJ....

Not just me who thinks this...

I think it would, or could be kind of 'boxing foolish' to think that Fury will be as good as he was a few years ago....

Anyway, June 9 will tell the first tale...his next fight after that another tale and so on!
    If Parker and Takam ( I know I know) last with AJ, Fury does at his best no problem
    I agree its hard to tell but I wouldn't say he has no chance till we see him its just pure guess work to say that,
    We can have an informed opinion after his first fight ,:)

If Parker and Takam ( I know I know) last with AJ, Fury does at his best no problem
    I agree its hard to tell but I wouldn't say he has no chance till we see him its just pure guess work to say that,

Fury will last if he doesn't get knocked out. That's the puzzle...

Fury will last if he doesn't get knocked out. That's the puzzle...
    Fury wins if he doesn't get knocked out ,

No. Loses on points because all he does for the 12 rds is spoil and survive....

The beauty of sport we won't know till it happens ,
    Personally I don't think Aj can outbox's a fit Fury ,He can certainly ko him though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The bulk of the clinch work will be on Aj's terms too so that's another potential hurdle for fury.

It's also one he's never really encountered before

The bulk of the clinch work will be on Aj's terms too so that's another potential hurdle for fury.

It's also one he's never really encountered before
    it'll depend on the ref alright,
    Fury will be the biggest and strongest opponent Aj will have faced,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

Fury hasn’t even got in the ring yet and I’m sick of him already!!

This “He beat the man, who beat the man” nonsense spouted out might carry a bit of weight if Wlad was some sort of unstoppable, unbeaten heavyweight but he wasn’t. Wlad was previously exposed by other fighters ( Brewster, Sanders) yet they don’t seem to be held in as high a regard as Fury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

eliterank wrote: »
    Signing with Warren just to piss off Eddie Hearn lol

If this is true, it just highlights how much of a strange man he is.

Advertisement