Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Christ Almighty. How the hell could a ref allow him to take that uppercut and THEN weigh it up on whether or not it should be let continue beyond that. Trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The uppercut missed, luckily, but the final left hook landed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The Whyte one is odd bevause he was cuaght a few days before the fight v Rivas and some how the fight went ahead,

Wasnt Fury done out of competition?

Theres actually a picture of Whyte and Fury together back in the day after a workout & both have visible six packs and both look juiced

Saw that pic. From years ago..

anyway, I don’t care too much for their convictions. I was merely pointing it out.

let them fight

• Advertisement

I don't like Whyte at all ,

Match room have really polished him up he owe's Hearn a lot for that,

He is proper scumbag by all accounts, his "brother " Dean isn't even his borther & that's not his real name, of course name is changed to hide his past,

Madly Whyte's Grand da is a Cork man who moved to Jamaica back in the day ,

Another bit of Trivia , Whyte is the 3rd youngest Dad on record in England at 13,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Ruiz and wilder looks like a fight that will happen

Easy one for wilder me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Wouldn't say a easy one for Wilder for me anyway, Ruiz has a solid chin and is a better boxer than Wilder. Ruiz needs to get himself in shape though.

Agreed, and Ruiz shorter staure, solid body composition and toughness will see Wilder have to really work to win

Ruiz can also find Wilder's chin here...

Wilder only has a straight right hand here.....maybe a right uppercut...straight riht downwards isn't as effective for Wilder...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Also, as tubby as he is, if Ruiz gets himself in good shape he actually has a good gas tank while Wilders is ok but not great.

• Advertisement

I just realised that I said solid body composition describing Ruiz….🤔😝

Bejaysus you’re like Whytepedia!

He’s hard to like. Bit of a clown too with the stabproof vest… From a boxing point of view he is as game as they come. I think Fury would be a bad match up for him but that’s depending on how Fury would turn up.

Aw that brother nonsense. Remember he did something on a plane restraining some guy and they started interviewing him before a fight? He sounded coked to the eyeballs. He’s meant to be a boxer too.

I thought I posted that one yesterday but it was saved as a draft. Hate that!

Emmmmmmmm I’d make Ruiz a favourite here. Huge opportunity for him. One thing for Wilder is that he doesn’t panic when he gets hit and he is very durable. If Ruiz is in some kinda shape then his superior boxing will really test Wilder. He doesn’t sit that open for those big haymakers. If the fight were to go the distance then I’d favour Ruiz. Wilder has only ever won one decision and in his last two fights he’s be battered. I don’t think he will be the same fighter again.

Ruiz hasn't the brain capacity or the discipline to get in the proper shape an stay consistent.

I'm probably being a bit harsh but his second fight joshua said alot for me.

He may be able to punch but one thing wilder has that can't be denied is a heart and a chin. Something Joshua doesn't.

Lemar Scott is his real name, I think he fought in MMA , he certainly has grappling experience ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Wilder doesn't have a chin. Bags of heart yes but he doesn't react at all well to heavy shots.

His heart and willingness to fight on till the bitter end is commendable though.

Wilder defo has a chin,

He has a poor defence but he has a good chin we have seen that in the last two fights ,

Have to disagree. In my humble opinion Heart isn't worth alot if you get knocked out cold and you're asleep on the canvas

He took alot of shots from Fury and other fighters too for that matter and he lasted well.

I just think Ruiz turns up in the same shape as Eric Esch

He lost the 2 fights in his career that were against top level fighters.

I disagree on chin...Fury isn't a big hitter and anytime Fury landed clean, Wilder was in proper trouble. He was not absorbing shots like you would associate a good chin with. Had Fury heavier power, and/or cleaner follow ups, Wilder was gone far earlier....

He’s not Amir Khan, but he’s far from Marvin Hagler.

Id' give him a B- for chin...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

We've seen animal heart imo. He really really didn't want to stay down and he recuperated well-ish but thats not a chin in the classic sense.

To me a chin is typified in scenarios like canelo and ggg landing bombs on each other and simply nodding back, smiling even.

Much rarer to see in the heavies for obvious reasons but many hw's have been noted for their chin down through history. Wilder won't be one of them.

• Advertisement

Hard to gauge how hard Fury hits

He has ko'd & stopped plenty of guys when he was "boxing " and still had enough power to make the like of Wlad afraid to open up ,

Then you have the current Fury at his current weight & with his current style , has he become a hard hitter ?

Fury is not feather fisted, but he is not that much a hitter....

Anyway, the point was more about Wilder's chin

I think a bit of a mix up between solid chin vs heart and willingness to keep trying...

Wilder showed lot of fight and determination to keep going, but he did not show a real sturdy beard; a beard that reacts well to clean shots. He was hurt and wobbled and floored when hit clean. Now, had Fury been more clean and accurate on follow up, Wilder was gone rds earlier. Forget even power, just Fury more accurate earlier, and Wilder was finished.

I can't really give Wilder high marks for a solid chin. He does not have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Reports of Joshua in talks to step aside for Usyk v Fury.

To be honest at this stage I'd rather watch that than Usyk/Joshua or fury/Joshua.

He was at pains to say it wasn’t to do with money, yet if the money is right he’ll consider it…

Saw all that a day or two ago… I can’t see what’s in it for Joshua? Paid to do nothing and have an easier fight but no belts? Gets the winner? Hopes Usyk wins and retires and Fury goes on a rampage?

I see that Michael Hunter was held to a draw Thursday night. What the hell is going on there why is he fighting on a Thursday card?

Well he came as close as Joshua to beating Usyk and is unbeaten otherwise. His opposition since a pretty good draw with povetkin has been horrendous. But he would get walloped by any decent HW

I seen the interview on IFL tv from 6 days ago,

AJ is all over the place, shows how well he's been managed he owes Match room a lot

You can sew why he doesnt do much interviews, The lad comes across thick as two planks

Im not a big fan but some sent me a YouTube vidoe of that True Geordie chao breaking d9wn wn the video and hes spot on

AJ starts that it goes against all his morals to step aside for money &, he doesn't need money he wants repsect and literally two minutes later saying but he might step aside because its being a good business man,

Every 30 seconds say that opposite of what just came out of his mouth

• Advertisement

Where is it on youtube? I must take a look. I think he’s looked very clueless in interviews recently.

Advertisement