Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I’d love Usyk to get the stoppage this time but I’m leaning towards a more aggressive Joshua winning by ko. He’ll need to take a few but I think he will fight much better this time.

if he were to lose then the wilder fight is still massive and the Whyte fight would sell well too there are loads of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lots of people overlooking the fact AJ hurt Usyk more than once in the first fight but he never had the guts or steel to bring him into the fire,

Fury said it before & its true, If your doing a physical stressful activity & bail/quit/checkout once on the big stage you will do it again ,its a battle in your mind to keep going into the fire or step away & end it , I think AJ has checked out ,i think that's why he tried to fight at distance & make it a clean points based fight ,I don't think he was willing to go into deep waters of a dog fight,

He can of course catch Usyk early but if it starts getting gruelling he will check out & won't hold his ground in the pocket , I just think that part of him has gone now , I also think the stress of thinking about losing again will only heighten that tension in his head & he will quite earlier,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

So fury seems to have called out Chisora and going by his Instagram they have agreed terms with Chrisoras team and contracts will be over in a day or two

anyone think this is genuine ? He was talking about fighting thor recently

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Not sure just announced his mate as his trainer , not a great sign if that’s true. Now could be the time to get him, I think the only person who beats fury is himself.

• Advertisement

Isaac Lowe as trainer has to be a wind up he can’t even win his own fights

One of two things is happing

1 . Fury is whipping social media buzz a week or two out from the AJ fight looking to steal AJ's thunder

2 . Fury wants to fight the winner , So gets the Chisora fight signed before that two lads fight so he gets a nice easy warm up instead of sitting out however long it would take on top of 4months he's already been out of the ring ,He always says he is better when he is active

Fury talks nonsense & in circles at times but he is very clever chap ,

Wilder is rumoured the be returning in mid October against helanius, I’d like to see him back and fingers crossed we get the Aj fight

re fury - he’s a one man marketing genius and when you look at the rest of the heavyweights they are kind of boring in comparison

dillian Whyte used to be a laugh but not lately, I thought Joe joyce was trolling with his painting but he’s actually proud of them 🤣

I honestly think AJ goes no where near Wilder , AJ is afraid of taking shots these days & that's a bad bad recipe if you fight Wilder

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Maybe Fury wants the Chisora tune up fight in the UK as he is banned from the US?

• Advertisement

so do most of the people on boards half the including myself but thats what makes life interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Sue why not batter Chisora? He has really not much else to fight bar the winner of AJ and Usyk which will be next year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Already off although probably never on.

Fury is clearly bored and doesn't know what to do. If Joshua wins by KO and calls out Fury then I find it very hard to believe Fury will turn that down.

Does fighting Usyk hold the same appeal...probably not sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Retired (again) he says. Not official until he dumps the belts I guess.

even if he throws away the belt he could still return, it is keeping him in the headlines in the run up to the aj fight so its all good pr

Looks like the retirement was confirmed by fury to the wbc today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The ring magazine have vacated his belt. It will probably go to the winner of AJ vs Usyk now.

Wouldn't surprise me if Fury done this to let Uysk Or AJ win all the belts to just come back to take it all, It's him all over to do something like that, Simply because it sounds some what heroic ,

Sure only last week he offered Del boy 2 million for a fight,

he knows what he’s doing behind the scenes and all this is for publicity for his brand and Netflix series I’m sure, he has to have a plan ready and loves self promotion and he’s the best at it in boxing

It will negatiely impact Furys legacy if he doesnt fight AJ or Usyk.

32-0 and all but hes really only beaten Wilder and Klitschko

• Advertisement

He'll be back don't be fooled, he will fought the winner ,

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭BobDole22

All nonsense from Fury he'll fight again.

Fury is the smartest man in boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Acting the clown most of the time.

Far from a clown inside the ropes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Think AJ went way down in the British public's estimation after his post fight antics on Saturday, came across like a complete ego maniac. It's hard to see where he goes from here, I don't think he's been the same since the Ruiz defeat, even his performance in the rematch was very tepid.

I dont know why people are shocked by aj and his Kanye west moment, if anyone was fooled by the pr version of aj and his stay humble bull then more fool them, the bloke was created by sky and matchroom to make money for boxing and he did an amazing job to be fair, the aftermath of the fight was the true aj and i didnt expect to see that in the ring but i think he realised its all gone to **** because with his ruiz defeat and the first usyk one he always had the rematch to redeem himself but now he has to get to the back of the line and scrap for a mandatory spot again. I think he will go after hrgovic next if they can strike a deal and that will give him a mandatory and i have a feeling fury and usyk will go for the big one and possibly both retire after that which will free up the belts and allow aj a way in again.

One thing aj did that i didnt like was throw the belts out of the ring but that will all be forgotten once the pr machine from dazn starts pinning again

I was only thinking today Hearn might look for someone like Hrgovic but iv a felling he would be a little bit to unknow, i reckon it'll be Whyte rematch next for AJ,

If I'm Wilder after he bombs out Helenius id be making sure AJ name is in my mouth in the ring. Big money fight that Wilder can win & get his name back up there,

Itll likely be in Saudi which is awful. Wouldnt be surprised if they had it during the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

When you look at the who’s who at the moment there’s the makings of some very good match ups and cards in HW. Winners and losers out of Parker, Joyce, Helienus, Wilder, Ruiz, Ortiz… haven’t heard much from Hunter since and Whyte will have to mind that ankle Fury broke then there’s that other world champion Dubois and Gorman but Fury vs Usyk as well as those names makes for a bit of craic anyhow

Advertisement