Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I agree. The style he has developed for both Tyson and Hughie suits both of them down to the ground and right back up again. A problem could be that Tyson thinks he knows it all already but he's a much more clever person than he lets on as well. I could see a reconciliation at some point when things get serious. If not, then there are other top trainers out there who would be happy to take him on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Has Tyson got an opponent yet? I read something about an albanian crusierweight but nothing confirmed that I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 55,672 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Has Tyson got an opponent yet? I read something about an albanian crusierweight but nothing confirmed that I can see

I saw something online that looked similar. BoxNation do not have their schedule updated with Fury on it....

Anything could happen there. They aren’t pushing it too hard if they do have an opponent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

and then shannon briggs in a couple of months ?

• Advertisement

June 9 needs to happen first

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Tyson said he wants to fight three to four times before the year is out. I tried to get it out of Frank Warren just who Tyson's comeback oponent is, but the fecker would not tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Fury needs Peter in my opinion, he keeps him in check. Proof of this is when Tyson went to fight Cunningham in the US. Tyson was acting the clown in the corner - "I can do datt" in a stupid fake accent and got put on his ass. Now he won, but he shouldn't be getting knocked down by an opponent so much smaller.

This would cost him against a dangerous opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He's in some shape anyway fair play to him

Any shape next to the left image would be amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

As professional boxers go that isn't even close to some shape.

Now I wouldn't care if the man or indeed any man looked like the next butterbean as they walked to the ring as long as they were exciting to watch.

But overly praising fury for getting to a normal looking physique is just yet another example of over the top praise fury gets from some boxing fans.

That said fair play to him for getting back to a healthy lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Now I wouldn't care if the man or indeed any man looked like the next butterbean as they walked to the ring as long as they were exciting to watch.

But overly praising fury for getting to a normal looking physique is just yet another example of over the top praise fury gets from some boxing fans.

He knows himself he still has a long way to go but  he'll get better as the year goes on
    A few fight camps under his belt and he'll be back looking like a pro athlete,
    I think the praise has more to do with where he has came from not what he actually looks like now ,
    To be fair a lot of the heavy weight division look like crap ,

That's all I meant, some shape compared to a few months ago. Tyson's never been ripped even when on the testicle meat

Two reasons that fury gets praise.
    1 he overcame mental illness and obesity
    2 he did what no one did in 11 years and beat Wlad fair and square.
    Nothing over the top. It’s when the compressions, which are a natural thing to make, get going between him and AJ that we all become entrenched. They both did brilliantly in very different ways.

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Nothing over the top. It’s when the compressions, which are a natural thing to make, get going between him and AJ that we all become entrenched. They both did brilliantly in very different ways.

I am not buying into this mental illness thing with him...

Sometimes it can be a very convenient illness to have to explain bad behavior.

I said it.

It's mad, years ago mental illness and depression weren't spoken about, and now and recently you can't fooking shut people up about it...

walshb wrote: »
    squinn2912 wrote: »

I am not buying into this mental illness thing with him...

Sometimes it can be a very convenient illness to have to explain bad behavior.

I said it.

It's mad, years ago mental illness and depression weren't spoken about, and now and recently you can't fooking shut people up about it...
    I think your very silly to dismiss mental illness,
    How is that a bad thing that people talk about it now , What do you want another McCall incident , Mental illness is very real and its a great thing that people now speak about it ,
    Its obvious for a long time Tyson had mental issues,
    He's said many times even when the going was good , infact even when he was world champion that some days he's the happiest man on earth and some days he wants to die, That a man with a mental illness,
    His family (wife,Father, Uncle) have lal on many occasion said he was mentally ill ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

That's all I meant, some shape compared to a few months ago. Tyson's never been ripped even when on the testicle meat

Ah right fair enough.

Ay never ripped or anything but he was in good shape vs wlad.

Abs pretty visable and feck all excess weight on board anywhere else. If he can get back to that sorta shape he'll be doing very well.

Ah right fair enough.

Ay never ripped or anything but he was in good shape vs wlad.

Abs pretty visable and feck all excess weight on board anywhere else. If he can get back to that sorta shape he'll be doing very well.
    I think when he was getting ready for the first Haye fight that was cancelled. is the best shape I ever seen Fury in ,

pac_man wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder do you post sh1te for attention seeking.

I don't buy it. Not with Fury, and there are many many out there who will uses the mental illness angle to try and explain their behavior..

Is there some code I have to agree with here, that I must not query these things.....just accept and believe it all?

Instead of posting a hostile one line reply maybe debate and argue it, otherwise jog fooking on.

I'm not sure on what the point you're trying to make? I'm undecided as to weather you're provoking a reaction or that you're genuinely ignorant. You don't buy what exactly?

You disagree with me. Get over it....if that leads you to claiming I post sh1te, away you go...

I said what I don't buy. I spelled it out in my post.

Moving on.....

• Advertisement

I'm unsure as what exactly you don't buy? You haven't explicitly said what it is.

I did. Not buying into this "Fury suffered with mental illness" Let's all tip toe around it. Just couldn't help his behavior. It was all down to depression. I was in a bad place blah blah blah...

My post was in reply to someone claiming that he somehow deserves recognition/applause for his suffering mental illness...

"1 he overcame mental illness and obesity."

Praise for trimming down? Praise for overcoming mental illness? Mental illness that just happened to crop up after a cocaine bust!

I don't buy into that belief....people need to wake up....

I'm unsure as what exactly you don't buy? You haven't explicitly said what it is.

And if you were unsure what I meant, why the "initial" one liner from you that was obviously slating-provoking? Why not ask me to explain, instead of posting what you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I did. Not buying into this "Fury suffered with mental illness" Let's all tip toe around it. Just couldn't help his behavior. It was all down to depression. I was in a bad place blah blah blah...

My post was in reply to someone claiming that he somehow deserves recognition/applause for his suffering mental illness...

"1 he overcame mental illness and obesity."

Praise for trimming down? Praise for overcoming mental illness? Mental illness that just happened to crop up after a cocaine bust!

I don't buy into that belief....people need to wake up....

He's been talking about his mental health issues long before his 'cocaine bust'.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/nov/05/tyson-fury-interview

Sometimes I wonder do you post sh1te for attention seeking.

I don't buy it. Not with Fury, and there are many many out there who will uses the mental illness angle to try and explain their behavior..

Is there some code I have to agree with here, that I must not query these things.....just accept and believe it all?

Instead of posting a hostile one line reply maybe debate and argue it, otherwise jog fooking on.
    I think people just think you looking for attention as its bene long documented that he has had mental problems,
    As many have pointed out even when he was world champion its been mentioned it,
    Watch the gloves are off type interview in the build up to the Wlad rematch that never took place, He clearly has mental issues,

I think people just think you looking for attention as its bene long documented that he has had mental problems,
    As many have pointed out even when he was world champion its been mentioned it,
    Watch the gloves are off type interview in the build up to the Wlad rematch that never took place, He clearly has mental issues,

I don't give a fook if it's been documented...

I simply said I don't buy it with Fury.....that's all.

Nothing to do with seeking attention.....you disagree, fair enough. I wouldn't fall out with you over it

But to call someone attention seeking or a sh1te talker because they disagree on ONE thing with you is a sign of a pr1ck to me.

Purely down to this insensitive post.

People with mental health issues do irrational things. Trying to have a debate with you on Fury is also irrational as your dislike towards Fury seems to overshadow and be the basis for most points you make about him.

I don't dislike him ,and regardless, it has nothing to do with my view on this issue..

What makes you think I dislike him? My thinking that he gets knocked out by AJ and Wilder? My not being very much impressed with his Wlad performance?

It's pretty evident from your posts that you don't like him. What would Tyson need to do in order for you to "buy into" the idea that he had/has mental health issues?

Do?

Nothing....I am just not ready to believe it with him......

It's pretty evident from your posts that you don't like him.

Pretty evident?

Well, let me play your trick.....please spell it out or point it out where it is pretty evident that I dislike him, the person?

You make it sound like we here know the man.....Oh, I like him. He's sound....no, I don't like him, he's a bit of a pr1ck. Nonsense.

It's pretty evident from your posts that you don't like him. What would Tyson need to do in order for you to "buy into" the idea that he had/has mental health issues?

It all comes down to Fury's lack of power I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭megadodge

It all comes down to Fury's lack of power I'd say

Best post in the thread.

Advertisement