Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Fury vs Charr is the worst fight I could ever imagine. They have one common opponent- Sefer Seferi, Tyson would be as well off fighting him again.

Post edited by normanoffside on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lads its pretty obvious what's going on, Come on we have all watched boxing all our life's its always the same ,

Fury has sent the deal tol AJ , Id imagine AJ wants the fight but AJ's team including his coach & DAZN do not , they want to build him back up protect the brand more fights more money , Hearn & AJ have said the deal is fine multiple times ,

The Charr thing is also clear as day,

Fury says he is fighting somebody on December 3rd, If its not AJ he said it will be a warm up & not someone risky ,He is willing to do AJ because of the money but won't risk the belt against someone dangerous who doesn't bring money encase he misses the unification fight, Fury & more recently Shane Fury literally told us that ,

So he probably does have Charr lined up but has told Charr to make it public to put pressure on AJ & Hearn to sign the deal they have,

AJ has the deal if they want the fight they just need to sign it , its that simple ,

Fury NEEDS to fight someone before Uysk , it would be irresponsible to wait that long on the side lines & get straight in with a fighter like Usyk , You need to be sharp for him

• Registered Users Posts: 55,619 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Like I said, if we get Fury v Usyk early enough next year, I don’t really care on this Charr sham fight.

btw, if the Fury v AJ fight doesn’t get made because of the rematch not being accepted as 60/40 AJ, then AJ/Hearn can fook off

but I reckon it’s more than just this..

Hearn said they agreed to the rematch clause they will go 50/50 to get it done

George Warren was interviewed yesterday evening & basically said Eddie is ok with everything & on there side & BT they will work with DAZN , in other words balls in DAZN court

If the fight doesn't happen its looking like its brand protection from AJ's side, not AJ or Hearn but DAZN & 258 ,

Look its understandable if AJ gets knocked out he is basically done, Himself & Hearn will move on with life & still make loads of money it'll be DAZN & 258 who are the biggest loser's there biggest asset is gone ,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

call outs happen all the time and its mostly nonsense to fill an instagram story or boost a profile

Xhaing or whatever his name is called out aj

wilder also called out fury and aj only this week

usyk mentioned a canelo fight two days ago

until the fighters are walking into the ring nothing is happening for sure but media outlets like ifltv keep banging the drum asking anyone and everyone whats happening and whos going to win which creates the hype, if all the negotiations were done in the office and nothing leaked it would probably be better and there would be less conspiracies about x ducking y

on a side note wilder is still standing by his claims fury had a weight in his glove and he will get revenge and kill fury apparently

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

In both fights ? The weight in the glove I mean.

Fury holds all the aces here joshua is coming in off the back of a bad run, he shouldn’t be getting a title shot so if I was him I’d move mountains to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

the weight was the second fight along with 94 other excuses, he talks some amount of garbage

The internet isn’t for everyone

Yes,

the biggest problem is not just the two boxers, but their teams, management, promoters, tv people, legal people and hangers on all wanting their cut!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Laughable that Joe Joyce is on PPV. He's not a PPV fighter at all.

Who in their right mind would buy it on tv? I would think tickets in the arena would be got easily enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,375 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Joe Joyce is a really popular fighter. He comes across as an intelligent, nice guy. People want to support a guy like that. Joseph Parker is very similar. I just seen the interviews and both calling it a tough fight and showing the height of respect for each other. It's very refreshing to see that in professional boxing.

And Joyce has 14 finishes in 15 fights, what's not to love about that?

Joyce is such a big man and so relentless. Parker is trying to get in and out but every time he takes a breather Joyce is on him like a rash.

Joyce looks to be grinding him down here.

Joyce seems to be getting faster as the fight goes on. Hammering parker here.

Hard to see it going much longer but Parker is a brave man

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Joyce is very good! Weird how many people don't seem to like him, for all that he looks like he's moving underwater at times.

Joyce looks like he could go 30 rounds.

Brute force from Joyce. The man is a tank.

Massive ko , Joyce will take some stopping

• Advertisement

Joyce has to get a title shot after that. He's knocked out a man that's never been stopped before. He's dominated that fight against a former world champion.

He's got a great trainer, I'm not sure anybody can live with him with the pace he fights at.

The pace was ridiculous he broke Parker’s heart with it

Me too, he's my favourite fighter. He's so entertaining, he's funny, intelligent and a nice guy.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

What a shot! Fair play to both men. Joyce is just class and Parker is as tough as nails considering he was gassing hard after a few rounds!

Juggernaut is a great nickname for Joyce. It sums him up perfectly. It's a pity he's 37

I think Joyce would absolutely batter AJ, his engine and chin are top notch. I could see Usyk and Fury beating him on points though but it wouldn't be easy.

He’s like a 1970s Foreman. Just comes to fight. Forward and fighting bell 1 to the end. He’d definitely present problems to the top 3-4 lads.

I think he gives Usyk the most problems. His size, pace, good power and solid chin. Usyk be pushed back and made work every second, and Usyk hasn’t the size or power to really hold his ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Best value for €30 you'll get these days! 😜

• Advertisement

Iv been saying a while id love to see him fight AJ but no chance Eddie makes it ,

|His style would be very interesting v Usyk

Advertisement