Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Nah in my onionin your wrong & of course that's just an opinion ,

Joyce will never bring in big paper view numbers like the others ,

Everything you said is correct & it makes him too normal , too run of the mill , too ordinary ,

He's a lovey fella but is a bore when it comes to entertainment ,

I'm actually a big fan of his boxing & have been for a long time but he will never be a cross over star, ,

Is Joe's father Phillip from a traveller family ? I heard rumour's of it back when he was amateur but never had anyone confirmed it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i heard he has gypsy connections too but im not sure if that was just because of the name

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That win has really put him on the map. So far in his career he has won every fight with relative ease. A few fighters who are lesser lights have landed on him and he has looked cumbersome but no one has yet worked him out.

no one gets an easy night with him. His profile is big enough now to be a big seller. I think Wilder is a good option for him to have a really big fight. If he can win that then surely a belt holder needs to face him this time next year

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

I think the others are going to avoid him. Nightmare, awkward as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He’s actually not awkward at all. He’s clear, methodical and predictable.

Easy enough to hit and easy enough to to read. His stamina, committed pace and aggression, chin are what makes him a tough fight.

• Advertisement

I like Joe and he is very good at what he does but lets not over do it,

He is yet to fight a big hitter bar Dubois who is a novice & hasn't knocked out anyone of note himself,

Parker is a good boxer no doubt but he is not a hard hotter like BT wanted to make out , He has stopped nobody of note,

AJ, Takam ,Ruiz , Del boy x2 , Whyte all went the distance ,

Yes.. Jury still out on Joyce. Beaten nobody that good. Parker is not great at all, albeit I thought he’d have enough to beat Joyce.

But I do stand by my view that if Joe’s chin is proper rock solid, then he’s going to be a very tough night for anyone.

It’s funny how joyce beats Parker and all of a sudden he’s being rated as better than fury Usyk and Aj straight away

I thought Parker would have done better against him but his lack of head movement was his downfall and his boxing skills seemed to go out the window, it was like he was trying to time his shots to land only heavy blows

just reading about charr being shot and having two hips replaced, I hope that fight with fury doesn’t get made

Yea come on lads he beat parker not God! Whyte almost got Parker out of there after a few rounds so it’s not that big a shakes.

what would Fury do to Parker? Wilder? Aj beat him easily. War with Chisora. Didn’t he just scrape past a nobody in Oz or NZ? Hughie got robbed ffs! He’s the averagest of average joes. It was a nice ko like surely but them top boys should fancy the work. I’d say Ruiz or Ortiz would love a crack and it makes sense for both parties. He’s a gamble but in an eliminator worth gambling. Hergovic would be another good name for Joyce but he wins that easily so H wouldn’t want it

Fury saying Joshua fight is gone now. Predictable enough. Joshua not ready to go for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Honestly it is looking like a set up. Also wondering if Charr has been tested recently.

Wake up. Fury had no intention of the AJ fight.

If he was at all genuine he wouldn’t have been worried about any Monday night deadline. What was the rush?

Charr was the opponent all along.

btw, I’m not saying AJ was all for it. He may well have not wanted it, too. But Fury definitely didn’t want it.

i had my doubts the fight would ever happen, fury doesnt have the patience to wait for the contract by the looks of it and ajs legal team seem to have stalled which makes me wonder was it all bluff from both camps to generate publicity and get people talking about something other than aj getting beaten again.

so now we will have aj v whyte next year and fury v charr in december which is a shame and they are all a bunch of sausages for getting our hopes up 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Aj may not have wanted it, but Fury was not serious with how he tried to negotiate it , although he won't be upset whatsoever at the outcome, he can claim that "Aj ducked the fight" and a lot of his more gullible fans will lap it up because they know no better.

Fighting Charr is a joke however, would actually rather him fight Chisora if he has his heart set on a stupid fight.

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1574444793043746826

These are the silly games they all play. That fight might never happen. That’s one thing I liked about whyte he fights hard fights.

Not sure how you make that out,

He literally sent him a contract, The ball was in AJ's court sign it and the fight was on ,

When Fury send AJ the contract its out of his hands what more can he do ,

AJ & Hearn have said multiple times the contract is fine so why keep waiting either sign it or don't ,

He offered him 40% if he fights his way back to mandatory he will only get 20% , Its beyond fair ,

If you wanted to buy my house & i sent you over a contract to sell it and you don't sign , Is it my fault or yours that you don't buy the house ?

Fury AJ a total mess.

Regardless if Fury wanted the fight or not (I'm dubious) it just sums up all that is wrong with the sport. Promotors, TV companies, belts - absolute sh!tshow.

Hearn and Warren said talks are still on going

fury is bored on social media, he should go into camp and get ready and let the grown ups sort it out

There will be more goal posts moved.....

Fury never wanted this fight. Odd that him and Warren thought this up, when really it was Charr that Fury was boxing.

Messers. And looking online I think a lot of people are of the logical view that Charr was always plan A here.

Come on. Don't be so gullible here. We get it, you're big Fury fan, but you don't have to turn blind eye to everything.

Pointless discussing when you cannot be at all objective. It's plainly obvious what happened here with Fury.

Everything from the start to now points to Fury being a spoofer/messer on this.

• Advertisement

I'm a boxing fan and he's the best heavy weight right now so yes i enjoy watching him fight ,, I don't care about what he does outside of the ring or what any other boxer does ,

I don't get how he can be blamed here, He sent a contract once that is sent the ball is in AJ's court, How can Fury pull a fast one sign it and your fighting,

Hearn & AJ have both said the contract is fine if there is a problem why not say what the issue is ?

How is Fury spoofing when all parties have said there is a fair contract ?

It points at AJ team not wanting this fight, his coaches & 258 seem to be the issue here,

Nobody is blaming.....folks are hypothesizing that it was just a con from Fury to begin with, and that he has no real intention of fighting AJ Dec 3. Your not entertaining this leads me to believe that you are not being objective here.

Take Fury & AJ out of it for a second ,

If boxer A sends boxer B a fight contract with terms & condition that boxer B says are fine , How would anyone think Boxer A doesn't want the fight ?

Literally once the contract is sent Boxer A is no longer in control of the outcome, Boxer B either signs it or doesn't ,

The fighter & his promoter have said the deal & terms are fair so why has it not been signed ?

Why hasn't AJ signed it, ?

Hearn loves to chat why not say what the problem is

If i don't want to sell you my car , i don't send you the log book over to sign do i

Exactly, remove the names and it still reads like a dud of an intention and a dud of an offer. Boxer C in the background waiting for the fight. Boxer C being the actual opponent all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Taxes

I think that that although they’ve agreed on the revenue splits (60/40 in favour of Fury) there are lots of different elements yet to be decided upon.

I’d tend to agree with Hearn that the fight sells itself so I’m not sure why Fury would put a hard deadline on it(signing of the contract).

My guess would be that Fury wants certainty so that he can start a specific training camp, albeit a very short one, as soon as possible.

We would be crazy to think that either fighter is scared to fight each other.

Your not addressing the problem with your thinking, they sent a contract to AJ all he needs to do is sign it,

Once the contract is sent the fight is in AJs teams hands would you not agree ?

Of course you have a fighter C ready why wouldn't you , you don't book venues a& dates without having cover,

Fight C has no contract , Fighter B does, once Fight B signs that contract fight C is irrelevant ,

Can i ask why is it a dub of an offer ?

If you really think a fight of the magnitude of AJ-Fury (different promoters and tv rights and all that) is as simple as here's your contract, sign it......well

And, anyway....why the urge to move on when Hearn and AJ were "allegedly" still looking over things? Fury is hardly that desperate for this Monday night deadline signature..

Whole things stinks of a set up, but for whatever reason( (and I can only think of your dislike for Hearn and AJ and your not wanting to hear bad of Fury) being the reason you are ignoring the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

With regard to the TV part of the deal, who would use a streaming service like DAZN when they can just press a button and watch it on BT Sports ?

They have had it 10 days & both have said the contract is fine ,,so why the hold up

December 3rd is only 9 weeks away Fury will need to go through the same process all over again to secure a new fight , How long does he let AJ drag this out ?

How's it a set up ? How can you set someone up when they have the power to seal it ? How can you even come to that conclusion ?

They literally have a contract, all that is needed is there signature & its happing, Its literally in AJ's teams hands, there's nothing else Fury can do once the contract is sent,

It's not rocket science pick up a pen, use it & its done ,

• Advertisement

I assume that is the key sticking point from a commercial point of view. Dazn would be the poor relation by a long shot here.

Advertisement