Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

oh its defiantly DAZN & 258

DAZN have two reason not to want the fight or at least want conditions meet , One is there exclusive contract ,which isn't normally a big deal but they have paid AJ massive money so they will want some return, & 2 if he gets beat again they are simply not going to make the money back on him that was projected at the off set .

Its a huge cross roads for AJ, TV money wise building him back up to eventually fight for a big one makes the most sense, Taking this fight could be sending him & his career to the executioner , especially if he is taken out in style by Fury ,

interesting take on it here

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Vast bulk of the PPV buys would come from the UK.

It would be a non event in the US. Boxing is seriously on the decline over there.

Fmd charr on a 3 fight deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'm a Fury fan, but I think this is odd as fcuk from Fury. You do not give lawyers a deadline, on a weekend, to sign by Monday. It stinks. Yes they had it 10 days, yes AJ was happy with he purse but there's a whole lot of scrutinising to do. If fury gave till say, Wednesday, I'd be in his court but giving a deadline of Monday on a Saturday is bullshit and anyone who deals with lawyers/solicitors knows that. I do think it was out of Joshua's hands, beit the TV rights or rematch purse, but Fury knew this wasn't getting signed on Monday, giving the ultimatum on a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I’d say they were both at it. Yea sure Tyson I’ll fight ya. Not sure what Joshua gets out of it but it hypes up fury’s exhibition against charr.

finally got found to watching parker and Joyce on YouTube. That was some beating. Parker did get a few digs in and Joyce didn’t blink. His fitness is incredible. Now he had a few inches and a stone weight advantage. He gets hit a lot too so it would be very interesting to see how he’d do with the big 3/4. I think lose against all 4 would love to aww wilder and even Joshua against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Man your arguing with a poster who has predicted fury to lose most of his big fights including Chisora years ago, that poster is not objective in anyway when it comes to fury. Fury could have waited longer but hes the a side here and if aj really wanted it to get his career back on track he would have signed it with a generous 40 split, all the other stuff they have issue with shouldn't come into it as aj is coming off 2 losses so is in no position to dictate the contract. AJ and hearn trying to act like they are in charge, bull ****, aj loses to wilder too if he fights him and then we will see the back of the dislikable hype job.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Even Frank Warren has said as much.

Some Fury fans just cannot hear anything “negative” about the man.

anyway, he’s likely going to fight Manuel Charr now, and again, he’ll get no scrutinising from some of his fans on this.

I thought Simon Jordan’s take on it was pretty close!

You’re back. Predictable as ever with your Fury nuthugging, and AJ slating! A little Fury alarm probably goes off any time you think he’s being criticised.

• Advertisement

Yep just to highlight your hypocrisy, you are saying yourdeadwright is blinded by his dislike of aj and hearn hence his argument , your incredible lack of self awareness doesn't see that your dislike of fury is contriving all this to be furys fault in your head, AJ never deserved a shot in the first place never mind getting to dictate terms, if he actually wanted the fight, he should have shut up signed for the generous split fury offered him, but you go on and blame fury and predict he will lose to charr now. Your predictions are similar to hearn on fury fights, funny that.

Keep on nuthugging, lad.

it’s nobody’s fault. Just Fury didn’t want this fight. That’s all.

be some craic if Charr got the win, eh?

might throw a sneaky score on that one!!

it is getting salty around here, i am expecting call out videos any minute

Nah, not salty. The poster takes it awful bad when he thinks the gypsy king is getting a raw deal here. Pops in and out every so often to stand by his man!!! Have to respect his loyalty, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Whatever you say about how it went down to say Fury doesnt want to fight anyone is not credible, when has he ever ducked anyone, and he sure as sh!t isnt scared of the version of Joshua thats out there at the moment. My take is that he wants the fight, knows heard would be afraid of his life of it getting made, so made a good offer in good faith and gave them a deadline and when it doesnt get made he can say i told you so, which he will.

Like i said before he holds all the cards here, this was a lifeline for joshua, if he really wanted it, he would have signed.

I don't mean it at all in the he's afraid sense.

I just don't believe that this out of the blue offer, after all that is considered was genuine/sincere. Fury was just messing and spoofing. I have no doubt that Fury really fancies himself to do a number on AJ.

Your being a bit silly now,

Fury sent AJ a contract with terms AJ & Hearn said where fine & fair & AJ didn't sign it ,

Not much more Fury can do ,

Honest question : if your messing why would you send someone a fair contract, that if they simple sign you have to fight them ,You'd be screwing yourself, makes no sense to be messing

You may as well just post your score in the lad that own's bookies post box,

There are a fair heap people who think similar, that Fury was messing here, and had 0 intention of fighting AJ.

And that Charr was always plan A. It's far from illogical and silly to think this when you consider everything: before, during and now.

Issue seems to be that to think this or believe it has some Fury fans irritated/annoyed/upset. Simple, remove names and if this was the other way around, AJ would be the messer. Even Frank yesterday was trying to be diplomatic but pretty much shot down this utter unnecessary rubbish from Fury with the deadline.

And also, this whole affair seems to be driven by the boxer, Fury. Driven by and updated to us via social media by him personally. A mega fight does not get made/delivered like this. Hence why folks were, and are suspicious about Fury's reasons and motivations.

Fury the past weeks has been acting like someone high as a kite with all his ramblings, slaggings, updates, call outs, shoot downs, contracts, deadlines; and some here think it's silly to not buy into his offer to fight AJ on Dec 3.

Iv one straight forward question : if your messing why would you send them a contract ?

Surely once its sent you can't be messing as they simply have to sign it ?

Once a contract is sent surely that shows a serious intent to fight ?

All the he said she said is gone by one simple action, AJ picking up a pen & signing the contract he HAS ,

A contract with a Fury deadline. And you aren't privy to the exact contract details

Your answer here is AJ has to sign, end of. That's not how these things work. Fury is the one issuing the contract. His team have to be ready to discuss, negotiate and compromise where fair. It applies to both sides. You then come back with "AJ doesn't deserve this, that the other." Remove a dislike for AJ, and view it as a contract to be discussed between two teams

He knew well that the chances of Hearn and team reading, digesting, analysing and then signing was going to be very tight.

so, why this Monday deadline if he was genuinely serious about fighting AJ? Not just me who thinks that was ridiculous. Frank even acknowledged this.

You’ll obviously come back with Fury needs his answer and he has to train blah blah blah. This is nonsense. He’s the boxer, yet it’s him issuing all this and updating and shooting it down now. He needed to relax, get on with it and leave the contract discussions to his team.

only a few weeks ago Fury was retired. Then suddenly he’s calling out everyone and their mother, and out the blue some nobody called Charr is on the scene. Some people seem to be deliberately not seeing this as a nonsense bluff.

• Advertisement

Bluff meaning = an attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or is going to do something

You can't bluff someone when you have sent them a contract & they power to make the fight happen ,

The ball is in AJ's court ,

Lets not forget AJ's has nothing to give & won't fight fight for title until at very least 2024 , If he passes this up

Well, I think we'll agree to disagree. Let's hope between Fury, AJ, Usyk, Wilder, Ruiz and Joyce we get some fights before end 2023...

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

Didnt realise Joyce / usyk already happened 😂https://youtu.be/ErfnwU9RQDg

looking at that both haven't changed style much Joyce heavier slower and probably hits heavier now, Usyk does his usual mad amount of movement to get and stay out of trouble. Don't see any different outcome than that fight if they fought again

Didn't think k the fury aj fight was going to happen and well

I thought it was common knowledge they met in the amateurs

Joyce is much better than he was against Usyk in the amateurs, his boxing has improved and he’s much stronger and over 12 rounds he would have more of a chance

Actually happy Hearn and aj arent getting a payday, at least aj can do his world tour that Eddie wants him to do and not worry about title fights. DAZN regretting that big contact they gave aj now. If he believed he could beat fury he would have signed and not tried to dictate the contract and he would be back near the top if he won. A lad who lost 3 of his last 5 fights trying to dictate terms is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

Yeah I didn't know that they had ,not saying Joyce isn't better I think he is much improved as he seems to land a bit better with his output now and better in the ring in general, I also think usyks tank isn't as good as it was then, still 12 rounds isn't an issue for both I'd say

I still think usyk skill wise edges it

Re fury / aj , I really think they were trying to out bluff each other an neither really wanted it,I hope at least 2 top fights happen next year instead of the usual shenanigans

To say Aj is trying to dictate the terms is only guess work, nobody really knows what’s going on apart from both parties seemed happy it was going to legal and tv companies Monday, for all we know Aj and fury could both want the fight but dazn big wigs don’t

both fighters would be silly to walk away from their biggest pay day ever

he was getting a very generous split for a guy who lost his last 2 fights, a title shot too. He should have signed whatever terms they were considering the split he was getting. Oh hes a business man as he says, no hes a fool not to sign or maybe hearn is in his ear that 3 losses on the bounce his career is over. I think you might be right about dazn not wanting their face of boxing losing 3 in a row though. If aj was a warrior as he says,he wouldn't listen and he would have directed his lawyers to just sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Oh my.... The minions are getting giddy...

Thought it was heading for handbags at dawn there for a second.

Anyways, ye must all unite. Just over a month to November..

November being the renowned month of choice, were the revered boxing Guru shows pity on the lost and bewildered of this forum.. And this year's investment bonanza will not disappoint, of that you can be assured..

This years Christmas Cracker is to be savoured like a fine wine (cooking wine will have to suffice for the majority on here..) Only the brave and the bold will be rewarded.

The countdown is progressing...

*Such wonderful new punters, some with delightful usernames... I can only imagine what deviance is behind the name(s)...

• Advertisement

Yes, just sign there lads. Eazy peazy!

Advertisement