Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Laughable ,anybody who thinks its furys fault just because he mouthed off on Instagram needs their heads checked. Blatant as night follows day that hearn doesn't want this fight. Wish fury would call their bluff and release statement telling them take their time but fight is on dec3rd. Furys in camp so thats a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

When Hearn was new on the scene he was a breath of fresh air.

Now he has turned into the same as the rest of them (Arum, Warren) - bitter and totally engulfed in his ego and the politics of boxing (which is killing the sport).

I was at a wedding in Boston a few weeks back chatting with some cousins, all in late 20s to early 40s. None of them watched boxing or new anything about it. All about the UFC.

It's easy to see why.

Hearn talking about joe joyce fighting fury, Joyce has called out aj but Hearn dont want that for aj either, its funny to listen to him twist everything. Joyce calls out his fighter yet he says he should fight fury, how does that make sense, fury lives rent free in his head. Next aj loss gonna be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I watched Joyce again the other night. I think if AJ is smart and clever, fit and cute, he punches the head off Joyce all night. Joyce is fierce slow…and of course, if AJ really connects clean? I know, some ifs in there!!!

Big problem for aj if joyce connects, Joyce's chin is far far superior to ajs. Aj always gets caught with some shots aswell so a very very tough night for aj.

• Advertisement

Yes. I’d worry about AJs resilience and chin, but everywhere else he absolutely pummels Joyce, as well as him landing harder/heavier than Parker.

Joyce still to be actually proper tested. One thing walking down Parker (who is an average hitter) compared to AJ, who, when he gets it right, has heavy power.

Not a hope it happens, lose lose for aj in the sense that its dangerous yet wont get too many plaudits if he beats him, Hearn wont leave it happen.

I see Usyk’s manager is now talking about Dec 3 v Fury being a possibility. FFS, Fury…what are ya at, lad? It be Mike Tyson next!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Where did you see this

he spoke to talk sport and mentioned fury fighting in December but didn’t say Usyk would be a possible option

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

i think they have taken the statement out of context for a clickbait headline because its the same thing he said to talk sport

nothing specific about usyk fighting in december it is just that he wants fury next and he previously said hes injured and cant fight in december

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I could see Joshua beating Joyce as well. Parker is very ordinary and he had lots of success. Joshua is a much bigger and stronger man. Parker didn’t engage with him at all let alone get a decent hit in like he fought Joyce. I’d love to see that one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I see Hughie pulled out of the Hunter fight Jesus he’s an awful man. Where does Hunter go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

long covid he is saying, there has always been something with Hughie, it was a hormone issue a few years back (and why he had all the spots) still only 28 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

I think at this stage even though we all knew it the Fury -AJ fight will not happen. Fury will fight a nobody I reckon at this rate with AJ fighting him a week later wen he is all softened up ! :P .Usyk has always stated he was injured/ had a trauma injury issue and would not be ready until March.

Fury doesnt need a "tune up" understandable after he comeback but now ? he didnt fight all that long ago and has kept fairly active with training by the looks of it, he could have made the Usyk fight for Mar-Apr but doesn't seem to want to at this point for whatever reason ,whether Usyk tries to dodge it later is another thing but he doesnt normally dodge fights from what i see know , i think by this time next year hearn /aj will be still talking about their world tour 🙄

Pretty

Prett clear as we all guessed last week AJ management team where not ready to send him to the gallows just yet

Let it go, folks...Fury is a spoofer. Changes his mind/stories/tune like people change their cacks.

We all should known that this was a pipedream. FFS, Manuel Charr and Delboy are being looked at as well by Fury.

AJ-Hearn may well have not wanted the fight, but it wasn't them asking for it in the first place. It was a retired HW who asked for it, or was he retired, as he changes his tune so much I am not sure.

Wait for Dec....Fury will probably be retired again......either that or fighting a complete tomato can.

• Advertisement

only fury knows wether he needs a fight before usyk to be fair

spring time for usyk could still be on but they need to see how the december fight goes, anything could happen with heavyweights

Hearn sucking every last drop out of his cash cow.

Awful pity I think Joshua Fury is a great fight

George warren comes across well compared to contradictory eddie. Clear that ajs management were looking for every obstacle possible to not fight, Queensberry offered mediator for Joshuas commercial deals and as ajs management said they didn't want Queensberry having last word. Joshua has now shown he has no bollix now aswell as a glass chin among many dislikable traits, like his promoter to be fair. Fury will fight somebody crap dec and beat usyk next year, off into the sunset 1 of 2 undefeated heavyweight champions ever. Aj can enjoy his world tour while not worrying about the stress of title fights.

Clear as day the issues is on AJ side

You know its there fault when aul Eddie won't say what the actual problem is, he skirts around it "Fury said the time is up " ye as if Hearn wouldn't be telling the world the issue if it was on Warrens side, ,

its quite funny anything Hearn posts on twitter about Ben v Eubank is just full of comments about ducking Fury , I honestly don;t see where AJ goes from here nobody is going to care about his next couple of fights

Fury with a nice handy warm up then retire Undefeated & Undisputed before the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Usyk with no silly TV deal.

He can fight Fury or Joyce on BT. Wilder on Fox in the states.

These guys need to stop signing long term deals with promotional companies. I think Hearn is more protecting Dazn with this, than Joshua.

Who actually cares, is my point....the chap is a walking contradiction......can't believe anything that comes out his mouth with the way he changes tune so much. Nobody really thought this fight would get made by Dec 3 anyway, and Fury is part of it, as are his team. Since yet again retiring after Whyte, the chap has called out everyone and his mother. Spoofer!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

the point is fury would have fought joshua in december, i dont think anyone doesnt think he would, regardless of how much he spoofs or blows he would have fought, the reason it didnt happen was hearn / joshua.

No, the reasons you think are Eddie and AJ. Nobody but the two sides have all the facts/details.

And the other side can say that AJ would have fought Fury in December.

It was never going to happen that a fight this big would be signed and sealed and delivered for December 3.

Even the silly social media deadlines were red flags that this was a nonsense pipedream.

Issue is that some folks cannot be objective. Blame one side unconditionally and won't hear the slightest criticism for the other side.

Two sides with loads a people. Nobody can definitively put the sole blame on any side, or any one person; Fury and his side will argue their position and Hearn and his side will argue theirs.

Yes, we can have our views and opinions on it, as I have, and others, but we too cannot know for certain.

Folks need to just let it go, move on and realize that this is the sh1t show that is pro boxing

• Advertisement

Why did hearn and aj bother entertain contract if dec 3 was an impossibility. Why not just say that from the start?

Advertisement