Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I agree with you but he looked quite thin then. I really hope he makes it into the ring now to see this through.
    On the issue of mental health it’s a very real thing (I don’t think Walsheb is denying its existence) and I’m sure TF suffered from it. I think for a long, long time he masked it. Very jumpy in individual interviews.
    As an aside I think it’s good that mental health is talked about. But I think far too often so in a negative way which is counterproductive

• Registered Users Posts: 55,672 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Absolutely not denying its existence..

Just saying that in a lot of instances it’s exaggerated and hammed up to cover up and justify and explain plain bad behavior...

Fury has been involved in a lot of controversy...

Been involved in illegality as well. “Criminal” stuff as regards the narcotics industry. I have no time for that sh1t, and make no apologies for it..some people don’t see an issue with cocaine and its use in society..

Seems some want to explain that away and justify it as “sure what else is the depressed man meant to do.” That to me is utter garbage....

Plenty people out there genuinely suffering and in need of compassion and help.

I happen to think that Fury and his camp hammed it up to try and explain the bad behavior.

If people disagree. No problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

walshb wrote: »

Just saying that in a lot of instances it’s exaggerated and hammed up to cover up and justify and explain plain bad behavior...

Been involved in illegality as well. “Criminal” stuff as regards the narcotics industry. I have no time for that sh1t, and make no apologies for it..some people don’t see an issue with cocaine and its use in society..

Seems some want to explain that away and justify it as “sure what else is the depressed man meant to do.” That to me is utter garbage....

I happen to think that Fury and his camp hammed it up to try and explain the bad behavior.

Same goes for Joshua so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Same goes for Joshua so?

Hatton was found of the white stuff aswell, 100s of boxers involved in other criminality too.

I don’t agree with you but there’s nothing wrong with that viewpoint for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭megadodge

But threatening to kill your female manager while brandishing a loaded gun and testing positive twice for the use of illegal drugs are perfectly acceptable if your name is James Toney?

Why are others being brought into the debate?

Toney/AJ and anyone else....same rules and views apply to anyone...

This wee discussion concerns Fury and his issues.

If Toney did x, y and z and people tried to explain it away as him suffering with a bit of depression or any other mental health illness I’d make my own view on it. I would not just accept it as fact..

Btw,

In case of any confusion. Toney is for me the best fighter ever.

As a human and person I have no like or dislike. I don’t know the man.

You're not shy about mentioning this when Fury is being discussed, yet I have never EVER heard you criticise James Toney for his "illegality" or "criminal stuff".

That's hypocrisy!

Btw,

In case of any confusion. Toney is for me the best fighter ever.

As a human and person I have no like or dislike. I don’t know the man.

That's serious delusion there!

But then again you predicted an ancient waaaaaay past it Toney would beat Randy Couture in their MMA bout, so we're used to it.

• Advertisement

Start a discussion about Toney and his outside ring behaviors and I’ll please you..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

"a bit of depression"

Jaysus there's some ****e in this thread. Don't feed the troll.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Start a discussion about Toney and his outside ring behaviors and I’ll please you..

Your fine with discussing Fury's out of ring antics but not a fighter you like?

Your fine with discussing Fury's out of ring antics but not a fighter you like?

What?

I just said (in reply to a post) start a discussion about Toney’s out of ring antics and I’ll give my view...”I’ll please you.”

You sure you reading right? You quoted me “saying” this, no?

Same goes for Joshua so?

Same what?

AJ was involved in criminality? Reading his bio it would appear so.

Did AJ put this down to an issue with his mental health?

Just wondering what you mean by “Same goes for Joshua so.”

I’m going to stick up here. Walsheb and I usually argue on all things boxing with an odd bit of overlap sneaking in. To be fair he always condemns anything he doesn’t like and any controversial calls, ones which which I often disagree, are always backed up by logic. Guy calls it as he sees it which is fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fury's opponent is confirmed as Sefer Seferi - a cruiserweight.

DdpHpzIV4AI5C-J.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Fury's June 9th opponent is Albanian Cruiserweight Sefer Seferi....
    http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/392701

Seferi has known this for ages as he announced it himself months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lost his only ever heavyweight fight.

Not as soft a touch as I was expecting tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Not as soft a touch as I was expecting tbh

As regards pro record maybe but at 5ft 10" and nearly 40 it's pretty much what I was expecting.

Aye that’s fair enough. I’ll give him this one. I’m just glad to see an opponent named it means he’s active again. Division is better with him in it

As regards pro record maybe but at 5ft 10" and nearly 40 it's pretty much what I was expecting.

It’s a joke of a soft touch...10 inches shorter and a CW..

But, all it takes is one clean heavy shot. No better time to land it on a man who has been on the doss the past 3 years or so..

Predictable type and fury has said as much. It’s a workout for him.

This is an early prediction, but I think Fury may be on the con here with this comeback. I don’t think he really feels he’d beat AJ and Wilder..

Expect 3/4 nothing fights and then he goes off on another bender...?

It’s a comeback being promoted as him reigning supreme. Not just any old comeback...

David Haye has scarred you for life!! You could well be onto something though. There are some similarities with Haye’s behaviour too.

David Haye has scarred you for life!! You could well be onto something though. There are some similarities with Haye’s behaviour too.

I was going to mention Haye..

Just a hunch here....anyway, won’t know for 8-10 months assuming he wins fights...

Yep. Part of it will definitely have the same trajectory. One thing in his favour is he’s younger and physically not shot. Won’t count for much if mentally he is (due to illness or simply attitude).

Yep. Part of it will definitely have the same trajectory. One thing in his favour is he’s younger and physically not shot. Won’t count for much if mentally he is (due to illness or simply attitude).

Well, physically he did himself no favors the past 3 years...

All we really know at this stage is that he lost weight...

I don’t expect him to be physically the same fighter he was a few years ago. Shot? That’s just a word...

• Advertisement

Well, physically he did himself no favors the past 3 years...

All we really know at this stage is that he lost weight...

I don’t expect him to be physically the same fighter he was a few years ago. Shot? That’s just a word...
    No he hasn’t but he didn’t have a number of retirements and false dawns like haye due to injuries.

Yes, like every word, it’s a word. Are you asking what I mean by shot? Finished, not up to it anymore.

Advertisement