Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Fury and George Warren both said they have been in talks with at least five other people other than Aj, when you have a venue booked and a fighter wants a run out you don’t just invite one man to the show

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How hard is it for you to understand the only reason Del boy is fighting is because AJ would not ,

You agreed with AJ & Hearn that it was unrealistic for Fury to expect a big fight to be made in such short notice, We are npw 2 weeks further on so by your own thinking Fury has not time to get a good opponent

So that why he has gone & got Del boy ,So ye fair play to Del boy no messing he signed the deal & will turn up when other's wouldn't

Unless you think there's plenty of time to do a deal with a better fighter but why would that be the case if there wasn't even time for Hearn & AJ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Why are you constantly referencing AJ here? Actually, don't answer that. You already did...AJ, AJ, AJ. I don't need to understand. I never brought AJ into the points I made. You are bringing him in.

Can you answer a simple question. Is Delboy a joke opponent or not? Yes or no?

Stop harping on about Hearn and AJ.

The only way I'd say he was not a joke was if Fury and Delboy arranged a spar/exhibition in a large community centre and charged a fiver at the door and all the money went to the local community. But if it's being advertised and staged as a sporting contest, then it's a joke.

No not on short notice ,

For example AJ has what 3 weeks longer & looks like all they could get is Arreloa who's worse than Del Boy ,

Lets not for get he gave Usyk his hardest heavy weight fight to date ,

Thank you

Vast majority people are saying this is an absolute joke of a fight. I cannot see how any actual boxing fan with knowledge (you) cannot see this. Is it becase if you say it, it means you think that you are criticizing Fury?

Arreola is very poor as well. And , again...My points had 0 to do with AJ/Arreola. You are bringing AJ into it when addressing Delboy as an opponent. There is no need to at all.

Difference here is that AJ is a loser. Has now lost two in a row, three in total. Fury is up there as number 1 in the division, unbeaten, WBC champion, and he is fighting a washed up rubbish plodder that he has already beaten convincingly on two occasions.

• Advertisement

Well now people might understand why Queensbury where in such a rush to get a deal or an answer for AJ's team,

Lets remember it was Queensbury they actively chased the highest ranked fighter at the weight available on the planet, Its not just them but Match room have also failed to get any kind of decent fight for December

So in hindsight maybe people can now understand Fury & his teams rush to get things done,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

You two boys wouldn’t be long about signing a contract right now!

I thought at the time it was absurd for Joshua to be entering into a fight with Fury after those two displays. Second Usyk fight he was decent but nowhere near mentally ready to take on Fury. It was never gonna happen. Fury knew that better than anyone else. We can all be frustrated at the carrot being dangled but should never have fallen for it. The two proposed fights are crap. For Joshua understandable but for Fury a waste of time, better not fighting than messing about with Chisora again.

I'd imagine WalshB is the younger fresher man ,

Iv been saying it since the Usyk win, Fury was always going to fight this year, he knows he HAS to be sharp against Usyk he can not afford ring rust ,He need to keep his timing on point,

Usyk's style means your timing & sharpness has to be spot on ,

If AJ won Fury would have sat out till the fight different style 's need to be approached in different manners ,

I liked Fury latest quote on Wilder & AJ

" Deontay Wilder took me to fu*king court to get the fight, Then this other big sausage he's had a contract & didn't sign it, one man risked losing million to make the fight & one man is running from millions, Different men"

just saw a clip on instagram of eddie hearn talking to dazn boxing show

he said AJ has not decided if hes fighting dec 17th or maybe jan or feb, he is on bit of a mojo come down after the fury fight not coming off

• Advertisement

Obsessed with AJ and obsessed with money that reads. He needs to let go of AJ. Odd!

For all the **** Fury gave Wilder he does respect him a lot. In fight 1 and 3 Wilder shook him to his boots

It was taken from an interview where the person asked him probing questions and he answered them, he didn’t just blurt that out randomly

That’s the surprising bit, he’d be happier if he admitted he got beaten by a better man on the night

He had 1 good show in fight 1. Got banjoed in fight 2 and 3. He’s a sore loser.

Chisora AGAIN???!!

Fury spars better boxers than 2022 Delboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

You berating poster for bringing up aj.Hypocritical as usual, poster mentions Hearn being a spoofer you bring up fury. Practice what you preach maybe.

Post edited by iebamm2580 on

Sorry, Tyson! I didn’t mean to “berate”….

I think he will admit it when he is retired ,

You'll find guys like him at the top top level when they are active & still trying to be number 1 simply can not concede someone is better than them because then what would be the point ,

• Advertisement

i do not think he will ever admit it tbh, i have listened to him speak on loads of interviews and he seems to live in his own delusional world but if that is what gets him up in the morning to train and fight again then good luck to him, you can tell he is the son of a preacher listening to him going off on a tangent about egg weights etc to this day

The way he speaks is gas, he is very corny , its like everything he says he tries to make sound like a movie quote,

Can you remember the last messages between the two before the 3rd Fury fight the difference is hilarious

https://youtu.be/sqskVzBOyFg

Wilder's biggest gripe is probably the "long count" in fight 1. Fury was on the floor for 9-10 seconds. But it's the referee's count that matters. Oh, and the dodgy Fury gloves........and I am sure Wilder has 1 or 2 more excuses.

I think he said fury used gypsy magic at one point, the list of excuses were very strange

An awful lot of fights would have been waved off but Fury was ok. He got a long count and then also got a good chat with the ref and a wee jog. But Wilder wasnt able to tag him again or finish him so he I guess deserved to continue. I feel a bit sorry for Wilder in it all.

Otto wallin said his team are in talks with Eddie Hearn for a fight with Aj

I think Otto is bored and trying to catch a headline

Yes. From time punch landed to resumption of action it was 20+ seconds..

I wonder had it been waved off and Wilder wins, how that result would have had a factor on any rematches?!

Eddie Hearn speaking to boxing social said Aj will not be fighting areola and claims the story is just made up

People over time seem to have changed what the 10 second rule is ,

It was introduced as a gentlemen's agreement to give a guy a chance to recover & see if he can fight on , It was never supposed to be a countdown clock you have to beat to survive that people see it as now, ,

If a guy looked like he could go on great everyone was pleased & the fight would continue

• Advertisement

It’s actually a ten count. Not a ten seconds count. Hence the referee’s count is all that matters. Fury was on the floor for 9-10 seconds. But so what. The Referee count, counts!!!!!

Advertisement