Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Like they where intalks with Fury , no intention of actual signing ,

There's no chance in hell AJ fights Wilder until some run of the mill heavy weight beats Wilder than AJ team will see it as a good time to fight Wilder,

AJ is afraid of being hit since Ruiz any time anyone gets inside his jab & into range you see him tense up & almost freeze, He would be absolutely petrified of getting hit in there with Wilder ,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

just watched it, was it that bad? he called him bearded and bald, hardly an insult coming from a bald usually bearded man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Usyk “Right now my team is seeking conversations with Tyson Fury and he is really an unpredictable person so we can’t guarantee when.”

“For me, the idea would be to fight maybe early February or beginning of March, like 4 March, because I am an orthodox Christian. During the great fasting before Easter I do not fight, so it should be all before or then after orthodox Easter [16 April].”

“I want to fight with Fury because I need the fourth belt and I don’t want to fight with anyone else until I have the fourth belt.”

“The organisers are trying to figure out where they can earn more money. For me, yes I would really like to fight in Ukraine and Ukraine is really capable of hosting this kind of fight.”

“I would be really happy to see it happen in the Olympic Arena in Ukraine. But it is not me who chooses the venue so I guess it will be Saudi Arabia.”

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Usyk not giving poor oul Del much of a chance either! Late Feb early March gives Fury a rest after an easy fight and a 12 week programme so you’d imagine that wouldn’t be such a problem if he wants to fight Usyk. Even if it were an issue for him he still has the late April option. Just get it done lads

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Seeing as Fury wanted Usyk very shortly after Usyk beat AJ, I can't see any issue now with Fury being ready to beat up the little Middleweight come March/April; unless of course Del Boy sparks him ouha there December 3

• Advertisement

9/1 for Chisora is big odds for a heavyweight, if fury isn’t on the ball anything can happen.

i just want the fight out of the way to see the Usyk match up and then the mandatory’s will come thick and fast, the boxing commissions won’t like one person having all the belts for long.

As much as a favorite that Fury is, yes, a wild hail mary can always KO a man...I just cannot see Del getting to connect it

Nah no chance. First couple of rounds or Fury messing around are the only possibilities but even at that I feel the chasm is too big!

I think Joshua Wallin would be a great fight

Has Dec 3 been PPV confirmed?

• Advertisement

ive heard nothing official yet but I’m sure price will be announced in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Parker vs Chisora was PPV so of course this will be too.

I don’t think anyone is expecting it to be free

Yes..

but at least that was between two lads that were on winning steaks, and matched evenly. A sporting occasion.

Fury/Chisora might just be the worst ever PPV as regards a competitive fight since Mayweather/McGregor.

It would be some challenge to take the worst ppv boxing event from David haye v audley Harrison off the top of my head

That Haye/Harrison one I didn’t realize was PPV. Horrendous. Was for HW tithe as well I think. Haye being WBA champion

But Harrison had not near the amount losses that Del Boy has, and wasn’t as shot to bits as much dodger.

Also, him and Haye had never fought. Fury has pasted Chisora twice already.

I wasn’t comparing the fights it’s just that’s the worst ppv off the top of my head.

who can think of a worse one ?

Kell Brook-Frankie Gavin and Bellew/Cleverly II are in my top 5 worst

Del boy has given the current IBF,WBO & IBO world champion his hardest fight to date at heavy weight,

He is also the highest ranked heavy weight available, so its either this fight A worse one or none,

Not ideal but the best we can get after AJ & co decided not to sign the deal .,

Stop trying to justify this sham of a fight. It’s universally seen as a sham.

Del Boy is useless, and using his fight v Usyk from couple years ago doesn’t change that.

• Advertisement

Well as i said its that fight or worse, you can thank Hearn & AJ for that one,

So, AJ is at fault for Fury "having" to fight Chisora? I am not sure if you're more anti AJ or Pro Fury in your take

And no idea why you're bringing AJ and Hearn into it. Simple: This Dec 3rd fight is a sham. It's about as far from a competitive boxing match as you can get.

DelBoy didn't appear ouha nowhere, here!

BTW, I reckon Fury carries Delboy all night to make it look a competitive fight....

They got offered a fight more than a fair deal & they said no end of ,

Like anyone you have a back up plan & the highest ranked fighter available was Del boy ,

If the champion of the world wants fight before he fights for Undisputed next spring then that up to him ,

That just facts ,

I also do dislike AJ because his whole act is contrived boll*x its bullshit, nothing about him is real , once he's allowed talk by himself for more than 2 minutes you see through it all & his whole contrived persona falls apart,

Looks at his response to the Fury video total PR bollox, "we have a responsibility to kids," blah blah , Only a few months ago he hijacked the mic & spoke nonsense & stole a man & countries moment, Oh & remember his racist speech about "them" white people ,

Yes of course Fury has flaws loads of them but at least he's real , i think that why people find him more relatable ,

Eddie Hearn said Chisora could beat wilder not so long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Or promoting him at the time.

chisora is part of the 258 company so eddie will always side with his man wether its true on not and i think it was after his last win when he was being asked who was next for del boy.

it was after the parker fight

In a media huddle after the show, one reporter posed a question to promoter Hearn about a hypothetical clash between Chisora and Wilder.

Hearn answered: “All Chisora’s losses have come at elite level, and Wilder is elite level.

“Listen, Chisora can beat Wilder.

“If he hits him with a big shot – I tell you what, if that fight goes past four rounds, Chisora wins that fight.

“But he’s gotta get past four rounds and that’s gonna be really dangerous against someone who punches as hard as Wilder.”

• Advertisement

Wbc just ordered ruiz v wilder for the chance to have a shot at furys belt

Advertisement