Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

FTA69 wrote: »
    Id argue some of the MMA lads who have been done for weed in there system ,
     Surely can't help in a fight ,
    Although I guess some may argue helps you relax ,

Does it f*ck. Sanctioning people for stuff that isn't performance enhancing is ridiculous.
    You'd be surprised , iv grappled with some high level guys before who swear it makes them flow better and free's the mind, 
    Stoners for ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

So Joshua has turned down a 50m offer after saying "offer me 50m and I'll accept tomorrow."

First they tried to make people think the offer wasn't real, now they are taking issue with the location. They definitely don't want it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,672 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This mega fight probably goes the same way as Floyd-Manny...posing and threatening and stalling...jokers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

walshb wrote: »
    This mega fight probably goes the same way as Floyd-Manny...posing and threatening and stalling...jokers..

Only one side is stalling though.

They’ll say otherwise, and to us casual fans we can never really know..

But I get the feeling, and always have that AJ and his crew have a little more “fear and doubt” than Wilder and his crew..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

They’ll say otherwise, and to us casual fans we can never really know..

But I get the feeling, and always have that AJ and his crew have a little more “fear and doubt” than Wilder and his crew..

Do you really think so?? You don’t reckon AJ fancies the job? Wilder is dangerous though

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Do you really think so?? You don’t reckon AJ fancies the job? Wilder is dangerous though

Doesn’t fancy it as much as Wilder. Can’t know for certain.

Both are human. Both have thoughts and feelings and concerns and worries just like us all...Wilder I think is probably a little more sure and a little less “scared.”

Although, AJ is a bit of a badass underneath that choreographed match room persona..but being a badass against a Takam, Parker, Martin et al, may not require as much gusto as needed for facing a Wilder...

Well wilder has less time I suppose. Maybe he has a point when he alleges they’re waiting on age to catch up with him!

I’m surprised you’re saying that though I thought you’d have AJ down for an easy win.

Well wilder has less time I suppose. Maybe he has a point when he alleges they’re waiting on age to catch up with him!

I’m surprised you’re saying that though I thought you’d have AJ down for an easy win.

I’ve been saying that Wilder wins for a long time now..

It’s almost 50:50, but for me, Wilder wins this short sharp shootout..

The winner by Windmill in the 4th.

No doubting Joshua is the better boxer but Wilders power and "unique" style are just hard to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Joshua is bang average at the end of the day and will be dehyped at one stage or another.

Joshua is bang average at the end of the day and will be dehyped at one stage or another.

This a windup?

The winner by Windmill in the 4th.

No doubting Joshua is the better boxer but Wilders power and "unique" style are just hard to deal with.

If I had real confidence in AJs chin I’d pick him almost every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

This a windup?

No it's not a windup at all, he's a lad who is sitting atop a generally very weak division who makes tortuous work of beating generally average opposition. As heavyweight champions go - he's very unimpressive.

No it's not a windup at all, he's a lad who is sitting atop a generally very weak division who makes tortuous work of beating generally average opposition. As heavyweight champions go - he's very unimpressive.

Historically, AJ doesn’t wow me. But today and this current era he is elite and close to the top, if not top of the pile. That’s not bang average for his era..

I think there are far “weaker” WCs in boxing today than he..

I'm not convinced that Wilder does very much to improve his game while I think AJ is meticulous in preparation and tactics, even if the evidence suggests that he still drops the hands a bit too much and continues to be very straight back and forward. If he were to make a real weapon of the jab then I think that alone would set up a ko vs Wilder. Although establishing a jab with a crazed bull flinging shots from every angle is easier said than done. Wilder KO'ing Ortiz has made AJ and his team sit up and take a bit more notice. I would still expect AJ to win, though - I think there are more ways he can do it - jab, body work or even be first with the big shot. Wilder has one way and that makes him vulnerable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

AJ is the tidy boxer in that fight which is crazy, but I see wilder winning with by knockout with a windmill punch myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Psychsearch

Think AJ would beat Wilder, though Wilder surprised me against Ortiz.

Saw a photo of Tyson Fury online. Guy has arms like legs!

Saw a photo of Tyson Fury online. Guy has arms like legs!
    I seen that he looks like he is carrying a lot more muscle than before, I wonder will it work for him or against him

• Advertisement

Can someone link/post the photo?

Not sure how to do it but its on his Instagram account, Could be the way he is standing and the fact he's wearing a tank top but he looks like a beast .,

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjKDRUgD6Hw/

I think it’s a strange one if he’s going for power rather than mobility and stamina.

I'd like to see a former photo of him when in fighting shape to make a valid comparison/opinion...

I'd like to see a former photo of him when in fighting shape to make a valid comparison/opinion...

Not the same angle, but this is from 2012 when he was very lean.
    He was also 23 in the pic below so even if he was ripped now he's be naturally a bit bulkier. Still though, the arms look a bit bigger. You'd also have to bear in mind that he's flexing in the first picture.

I dunno really, his arms look bigger than they did 6 years ago but I'm not sure they're any bigger than they were when he fought Wlad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi5RI4OD2ko/

He’s definitely put on some muscle but weirdly it didn’t look like it at the fight last week with a shirt on. Be interesting to see how he togs out on June 9

Picture could be taking right after a heavy arm session and he has a pump , who knows,
    We will know for sure in a few weeks when he is in the ring,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

He’s definitely put on some muscle but weirdly it didn’t look like it at the fight last week with a shirt on. Be interesting to see how he togs out on June 9

Yeah I saw him at a show last week and he still seems to be carry plenty of padding in the midriff.

• Advertisement

That’s what I thought but also felt that could be healthier for him to be still carrying a slight bit and lose some more over another training camp

Advertisement