Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Why hasn't the Andy Ruiz fight been announced yet?

Fury more than likely squeezing him dry for every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

what makes you think that fight is in the works to being announced ?

talk sport and eddie hearn put that out there as pure guess work because bob arum said he would be a good opponent for fury

fury could be doing wwe next for all we know, people seem to make things up online and it gets spread around like it is news

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 38,393 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fury needs a real opponent I think. He's had two nothing fights with White and Chisora.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yep. So my view on this era being quite possibly the most pathetic isn’t far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Which one? Vitali would have handled all the current heavys without breaking a sweat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭reclose

I don’t know about not breaking a sweat but I’d slightly favour him against todays top 4. Very tough fights though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

It’s very hard to say I think Fury gives any champion from any era a tough time. I think Vitali was the better of the two as well.

Back to today surely Ruiz is a decent level opponent for Fury. That’s not a gimme fight like Chisora was. I’m a bit pissed off that not a single decent HW fight has been announced. It’s practically summer, we should know what fights are on for end of June and into July.

When the Saudi fella starts offering hundreds of millions it will make fighters cautious to take a fight in the meantime for fear of missing out or negatively impacting their value

once again big oil money ruins a sport by the look of it

No, fighters have to take responsibility and blame for their failings and missed fights and dodging etc. Yes, they are one part of the whole scene, but they are D part.

That’s the thing they are mega rich guys anyway I can’t stand the idea of such greed. Rowdy in Saudi my ass.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Bob Arum saying Fury vs Zhang almost finalized for July...

well he said he is the front runner and they hope to close the deal over the weekend but that could all come to nothing just like the ruiz deal that was being spoken about by bob only a few weeks back, when reporters ask a promoter about a fighter they have to say something in reply or it makes a poor interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Can see Fury and Zhang happening.

I'd expect Fury to box the ears off him.

Zhang has about three rds to knock Fury out and then he’s toast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

He looked like he was running on fumes after a few rounds with Slow Joe.

He'll run out of puff quicker than an inflatable dartboard against Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Could actually be pretty entertaining though, as Zhang will probably go all out for the KO in the early rounds.

Zhang has a very poor chance in this match up. I’d say throwing all he has for 2 rounds and then gas. Perhaps stopped on his feet by about 5. Not all that interesting a prospect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭US3

Joyce activated his rematch clause with Zhang. Bad idea I think

Joyce can beat Zhang, and Zhang can beat Joyce. It’s that kind of fight.

They’re professional boxers. Rematches have been happening for years and years and years. Credit to Joe for showing the desire to seek revenge. That’s what we love about fighters.

I mean, should Lennox have dodged the Rahman rematch?

Joyce is no spring chicken. He hasn’t many other options

Post edited by walshb on

• Advertisement

joyce has to rematch zhang or he will lose any bit of credibility he had, needing a tune up fight for zhang is hardly promoting him as a title challenger.

This will put a spanner in the works for talks for a fury fight and need a pay off for joyce to step aside

Yep. Hate this talk of “needs a tune up.” Get the fook. Few rds sparring and get in ouha that!!!

100% if Joyce has any aspirations of even a title fight then he needs to get on with it. I think he will beat Zhang. Hard to imagine him being as bad again and as tactically inept. One certain thing this fight doesn’t go the distance.

PS… Zhang is hardly worth forking out step aside money for is he?! Unless the fight were in China and it’s mega money but if he had that kinda following then he’d hardly be based in America

I think Bob and Frank knew exactly what was going on and Bob just mentioned Zhang as something to say to the reporter rather than say fury is waiting for the big pay day with Usyk in December

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I see they can’t even make a 3rd rate fight like Wardley Vs Clarke these days. Im losing hope that we’ll see any decent heavyweight bouts this year.

So frustrating, plenty of decent match ups out there but nothing happening. Some pad their record, some protect their ranking, some are being poorly promoted from a fan’s point of view and on it goes. I dont think anymore that the ‘he doesn’t fancy it’ rhetoric is fully relevant i think it’s more to do with the teams of people trying to eek out an agreement

wardley clarke doesnt seem exciting to me

dave allen v wardely would be a laugh

Who wins those? Wardley the more likely in both but he’s very crude too

• Advertisement

Dave Allen is muck, as well as very inconsistent/fragile. Wardley knocks him out.

Frazer Clarke-Wardley be a lot closer. I’d lean with Wardley

Advertisement