Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I look at it like this as well. Wilder AJ fight is thee fight at the moment and will still be so in 6 months time. AP fight is a really good one but getting close to the sell by date. AP is the mandatory. He is the only fighter at the moment who can pose any threat to AJ other than Wilder. I’d like Wilder to fight Pulev now
    I think people have way to high opinions of AP,
    I think Whyte beats him and I don't rate Whyte,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Whyte has shown a bit of everything, mostly dung. A flashy ko against Browne and he’s a big contender. If he’d beat AP then his stock has really fallen.

Whyte has shown a bit of everything, mostly dung. A flashy ko against Browne and he’s a big contender. If he’d beat AP then his stock has really fallen.
    But that's exactly my point, Whyte is not great at all but id still back him to beat AP,
    I hopes its a good fight but I just can't see how it gets anyone excited,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Looking forward to AJ v AP

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

But that's exactly my point, Whyte is not great at all but id still back him to beat AP,

What Whyte performance indicates that for you though? He was lauded for the fight against chisora but AP would have beaten either or both that night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,651 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Whyte is sh1te........

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Whyte top 5 and that will be definite when he beats parker

What Whyte performance indicates that for you though? He was lauded for the fight against chisora but AP would have beaten either or both that night
    Its more AP performances that haven't impressed me and make me think Whyte beats him ,
    I agree with you Whyte is not great at all but I still think he beats AP,

For the issues Whyte has AP was lkucky not to be beat by Price,
    this isn't 2012 Price is utter garbage

One punch you are basing this off.....one single punch.....

Price got beaten and knocked out...AP did a number on him. Gave away 5-6 inches in height. Needed to get around this and get inside to win. He did it, and ended the fight emphatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Povetkin in now most likely not using PED's.

So of course he is not as good as he was.

Joshua is fighting with so much fear since Klit he will do the same against Povetkin who is still more dangerous than anyone Joshua has faced bar Klit.

I think Joshua wins on points in another snooze fest.

walshb wrote: »

One punch you are basing this off.....one single punch.....

Price got beaten and knocked out...AP did a number on him. Gave away 5-6 inches in height. Needed to get around this and get inside to win. He did it, and ended the fight emphatically.
    A stiff breeze would knock out Price hardly something to celebrate, Price has never ever come close to beating anyone of note but AP was extremely lucky against him ,
    I just don't rate AP at all ,
    Anyway we can talk all we want but the proof will be in the pudding when the AJ fight rolls around,

A stiff breeze would knock out Price hardly something to celebrate, Price has never ever come close to beating anyone of note but AP was extremely lucky against him ,
    Anyway we can talk all we want but the proof will be in the pudding when the AJ fight rolls around,

How in god's name was AP "extremely" lucky?

He knocked Price out heavily in rd 5...

Apart from that one single shot, how was AP extremely lucky?

I don't know the scores at the start of rd 5, but it seemed to me that AP was winning the fight. There was not a sniff of luck in his winning the fight and then scoring the KO. What exactly were you watching?

People just think he was lucky because price didn't finish him off when he has 1 chance. He knocked price unconcious.

Always knew AJ would fight AP before wilder. I assume wilder will be fighting breazeale

How in god's name was AP "extremely" lucky?

He knocked Price out heavily in rd 5...

Apart from that one single shot, how was AP extremely lucky?

I don't know the scores at the start of rd 5, but it seemed to me that AP was winning the fight. There was not a sniff of luck in his winning the fight and then scoring the KO. What exactly were you watching?
    If he had of hit the deck instead of the ropes he may have struggled to get up,
    Then Price totally hesitated , mainly because he was worried about his own chin ,
    Any man who gets floored and comes back to win has a slice of luck on there side ,
    He was winning of course he was, but getting flattened by Price who is garbage doesn't look great at all,

Price did very well in that fight to rock AP for a very fleeting moment. He didn’t look like being knocked out. Not on the same level as the talk of whytes punch on AJ he didn’t look like losing either. If AP hadn’t hit price again the fight still needed to be stopped he was in dreamland. AP is a very dangerous operator particularly since AJ hasn’t delveloped his inside game visibly just yet. WK could hold and spoil but I don’t see AJ having that tactic

Price did very well in that fight to rock AP for a very fleeting moment. He didn’t look like being knocked out. Not on the same level as the talk of whytes punch on AJ he didn’t look like losing either. If AP hadn’t hit price again the fight still needed to be stopped he was in dreamland. AP is a very dangerous operator particularly since AJ hasn’t delveloped his inside game visibly just yet. WK could hold and spoil but I don’t see AJ having that tactic
    To be fair Whyte didn't hit AJ half as clean as Price did AP,
    I hope its a good fight but I just can't see it,
    As you say AP has a great short game but his problem will be getting close to AJ,
    Anyway looks like its going to happen so fingers crossed its a decent fight,

Then Price totally hesitated , mainly because he was worried about his own chin ,
    Any man who gets floored and comes back to win has a slice of luck on there side ,
    He was winning of course he was, but getting flattened by Price who is garbage doesn't look great at all,

Ok, so as I thought, you are hanging this off one single punch.....

I'll meet you half way. For that one single punch he was "extremely" lucky. Even though he was still conscious and upright (ropes or no ropes, he was conscious and lucid). Other than this incident there was next to no luch whatsoever in AP beating Price...

Ok, so as I thought, you are hanging this off one single punch.....

I'll meet you half way. For that one single punch he was "extremely" lucky. Even though he was still conscious and upright (ropes or no ropes, he was conscious and lucid). Other than this incident there was next to no luch whatsoever in AP beating Price...
    I agree with you bar the bit about him being Lucid,
    He done one of the crazies backward dances iv ever seen,
    I think if the ropes didn't keep him upright he would have had a problem getting up, Big difference when you hit the deck and have to get up ,

I think if the ropes didn't keep him upright he would have had a problem getting up, Big difference when you hit the deck and have to get up ,

Maybe not completely lucid...

He did a crazy backward dance because he was kind of off balance when the shot connected. The effect/aesthetics of the shot exaggerated due to this.

Anyway, far from badly hurt I felt. He came back and did a real number on Price....

Back to the AJ match. I expect, and I hope AJ gets him out of there in a real fan friendly fight.

Here's one......will APs very decent chin (I think it is) be a possible fight winner here? Weathers the storm, gets to AJ, pressures him and tires him, drowns him late?

Trying to sell this fight here.........

• Advertisement

Maybe not completely lucid...

He did a crazy backward dance because he was kind of off balance when the shot connected. The effect/aesthetics of the shot exaggerated due to this.

Anyway, far from badly hurt I felt. He came back and did a real number on Price....

Back to the AJ match. I expect, and I hope AJ gets him out of there in a real fan friendly fight.

Here's one......will APs very decent chin (I think it is) be a possible fight winner here? Weathers the storm, gets to AJ, pressures him and tires him, drowns him late?

Trying to sell this fight here.........
    I think we all hope its a good fight and only time will tell,

I can’t recall AP ever taking a big shot (other than Price and he took it well). Did Wlad really get to him? Must rewatch it. I don’t know if I see him lasting the pace to be fair rather than AJ.

I can’t recall AP ever taking a big shot (other than Price and he took it well). Did Wlad really get to him? Must rewatch it. I don’t know if I see him lasting the pace to be fair rather than AJ.
    He was on the deck 4/5 times v Wlad if I remember correctly
    But people will argue them as all where messy ,
    The first was a left hook that rocked him and Ap tried to grad Wlad around the waist with his head at Wlad crotch and Wlad twisted and AP he ended up on the deck,
    The next was a very clean left hook he danced off backwards on to the ground,
    The next 3 where all the same a big shot by Wlad followed by AP running at him trying to grad him and each time Wlad throwing him off and Ap ended up on the deck , All 3 could go down as throws or trips .
    In my view 4 of the 5 AP was hurt and one looked like an out and out trip

Agit KABAYEL was meant to face Alexander DIMITRENKO  for EBU title but Dimitrenko is now facing Byrant jennings on 18th august.
    One of the furys should target kabayel

He took a fair few flush and clean shots and was still there at the final bell. There is something tough and sturdy in his whole make-up!

I need to watch that fight again but my abiding memory is that WK just negated the entire time and swallowed him up leaving it scrappy rather than anything else. Making it to a final bell vs Wlad in that form is impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

David Haye has retired again and there was me thinking he was just about to unleash the "Hayemaker" and clean out the division.
    Seriously though glad to see him go, a good Cruiserweight but just turned into a poser and a con man in the last few years.

JEsus for a moment I thought he was coming back!
    I see David Price is fighting again on July 27! I’ll give him this he’s very game. Think he’s got a raw deal on this. Nowhere near as bad as he’s made out to be. Just watched the AP fight again and he got through a few times. AP was well buzzed then as well, contrary to what I’d been saying earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Think it's a bit cruel to be drilling a TWO YEAR OLD, he has other video of him doing push ups, by my god, this kid has some combinations, sound effects and even a bit of head movement at the end. Deontsny Wilders son

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkWwbOfnZQo/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zry43doqbejm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Im trying to stay positive here . Maybe both parties know that a Wembley fight cant happen in the latter part of the year due to the weater etc

It really has to happen between April and August and its too late now to make it .

The other big stumbling block is Matchrooms TV deal in America

Advertisement