Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Kind way to look at it, that. They knew 6 months ago that they wouldn’t have to worry about the autumn weather!
    It might be made in about March next year to fight in August. It could rumble on longer. At least fury has the excuse of being 3 stone too heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I listened to Eddie Hearn do an interview with Kugan Cassius yesterday and you really wouldn't have any idea who to believe between the AJ camp and the Wilder one .

Ach yea but that nonsense is as old as time. Think Tyson Lewis or Lewis rachmann and the huge “bust ups” they had in studios. This is part n parcel. Pain in the hole but they all love build up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Think it's a bit cruel to be drilling a TWO YEAR OLD, he has other video of him doing push ups, by my god, this kid has some combinations, sound effects and even a bit of head movement at the end. Deontsny Wilders son

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkWwbOfnZQo/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zry43doqbejm

Not a patch on the video I saw a while back with Joe Ward's little fella putting the combinations together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Seems its going to be AJ vs Povetkin on September 22nd and then AJ vs Wilder on April 13th. Both in Wembley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

That was always going to happen as can you imagine the size of April 13th now after they just talked **** for a couple of months

Any noise from wilder on whohes fighting this autumn ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Hearn always wanted it in 2019, only the very gullible believe all this nonsense of contracts sent and 50m guarantees ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Any noise from wilder on whohes fighting this autumn ?

Nope but I'd imagine AJ vs Fury is an option for April if Wilder goes for a hide and isn't active.

Ah that’s a very poor option for him. He wants the belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Tony Yoka banned for missing 3 drugs tests...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 DeusVolt

Tony Yoka banned for missing 3 drugs tests...

3 missed tests in 1 year. No sympathy for him .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Fury vs Pianeta on the Frampton undercard.

A decent enough step up from Sefer although he seems to be past his best now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fury vs Pianeta on the Frampton undercard.

A decent enough step up from Sefer although he seems to be past his best now.

At least this lad may have a chance to actually land a shot on Fury's chin.....

THats a good match up he’s only 33 and been in with good fighters. Some photos of fury have done the rounds and he looks in good shape

Date set for AJ v AP,
    Hearn saying it'll be his tuffest fight so far :) , I just don't see it a it'll be over by the 4th round max ,

Date set for AJ v AP,
    Hearn saying it'll be his tuffest fight so far :) , I just don't see it a it'll be over by the 4th round max ,

Name wise it will be his second toughest fight.

Fight wise? Wait and see. Other than Wlad, and possibly Whyte, AJ has had 0 tough fights......

Maybe Takam?

walshb wrote: »
    Date set for AJ v AP,

Name wise it will be his second toughest fight.

Fight wise? Wait and see. Other than Wlad, and possibly Whyte, AJ has had 0 tough fights......

Maybe Takam?
    Parker was suppose to be his biggest fight to date , yaw yaw yaw ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Hearn saying it'll be his tuffest fight so far :) ,

Boxing promoter exaggerating...

In other news water is wet.

We’ve had a long time to get used to this being the next fight. It’ll be a decent watch I think.
    Any thoughts on Fury’s next opponent? Should be more of a test. I’m surprised he’s gone as tough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

How do people reckon AJ would do against Luis Ortiz?!

KO him in 5/6 rds...would be more precise and clinical than Wilder was...

Ortiz bubble is burst now. AJ would beat him fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

KO him in 5/6 rds...would be more precise and clinical than Wilder was...

I have my doubts! AJ's performance against Takum was pretty dodgy (brutal stoppage) & the Parker fight was as negative as you'll ever see! AJ's last great performance was against Vlad last year. The question remains... Was Vlad over the hill!?!

I think those are valid points about AJ but I think Ortiz is too limited to expose him

But can’t blame AJ for Parker, takam wasn’t really in the fight

I have my doubts! AJ's performance against Takum was pretty dodgy (brutal stoppage) & the Parker fight was as negative as you'll ever see! AJ's last great performance was against Vlad last year. The question remains... Was Vlad over the hill!?!

This needs a bit of perspective. He dominated Takam and won pretty much all rds. The stoppage was not bad at all. Takam was taking punches and hadn't returned fire, plus he was not going to win. The referee was right up close and saw trouble. Good stoppage.

Parker came to survive and stink the joint out....AJ did what he had to, in an uninspiring performance that was as much to do with Parker's style and approach as anything else.

Was Wlad over the hill? Age wise he was. Performance wise? Well, looking through his previous fight, against less dangerous opponent than AJ, maybe not too far pas his best.

This fight will never happen and the reason it won't is Ortiz has a huge chance of beating him, and there no reward for AJ winning
    Its unfortunate that Ortiz is as old as time its self, he is a very very good fighter and underrated by people but not by fighters, Fighters are afraid to fight him to much to lose and not enough to gain by beating him,

This fight will never happen and the reason it won't is Ortiz has a huge chance of beating him, and there no reward for AJ winning
    Its unfortunate that Ortiz is as old as time its self, he is a very very good fighter and underrated by people but not by fighters, Fighters are afraid to fight him to much to lose and not enough to gain by beating him,

This comes across as yet another dig at AJ, and it makes no senses other than to dig.

He has fought Wlad and is due to fight AP, yet Ortiz is the threat?

I could argue that any HW who can punch and find his chin has a huge chance to beat him....

For me Wlad and AP are both more a danger than Ortiz, but you claim this?

This comes across as yet another dig at AJ, and it makes no senses other than to dig.

He has fought Wlad and is due to fight AP, yet Ortiz is the threat?

I could argue that any HW who can punch and find his chin has a huge chance to beat him....

For me Wlad and AP are both more a danger than Ortiz, but you claim this?
    How's it a dig at AJ , your very sensitive when I' mention AJ its quite funny
    No one wants to fight Ortiz as there is nothing to gain ,
    No one said he"  is the treat " , just said none of the big guys want to fight him as there nothing to gain and a lot to lose,
    You should read what I wrote before crying because you think someone is having a go at your precious AJ,

• Advertisement

How's it a dig at AJ , your very sensitive when I' mention AJ its quite funny
    No one wants to fight Ortiz as there is nothing to gain ,
    No one said he"  is the treat " , just said none of the big guys want to fight him as there nothing to gain and a lot to lose,
    You should read what I wrote before crying because you think someone is having a go at your precious AJ,

Hardly crying....just eliciting debate, that's all.

You have obviously taken it too personally

AJ is not precious, just a fighter. Your post came across that he and his team are running scared, I simply challenged that. If you didn't mean that at all, fine...

Just "fight" your corner, and don't assume I am "crying."

Advertisement