Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Hrgovic has been left out in the cold, can’t blame that on fury

I reckon if fury wins undisputed he will dump the belts, he’s already said he will throw away the ibf

The internet isn’t for everyone

Aj undercard

Looking forward to seeing Usyk dance rings around the big dosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,379 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Fury takes it seriously and is fit then Usyk has no hope. He can keep him at distance with his jab and then lean on top of him on the ropes to get a breather. The size difference is just too much if Fury is in shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,379 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hrgovic is really getting screwed over. It shows how crooked boxing is when the best prospect can't get a fight.

He's the only person to beat Zhang and none of the others want to fight him or Zhang.

You can say what you like about Joyce but he never turned down anybody. It cost him and that's what the rest are trying to avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If Fury takes it seriously. If Fury is fit…..

so, if he loses it’s because of above?…

best man wins on the night simple as that, the exciting thing about boxing is anything can happen and more so in the heavyweight division and i am expecting the fight next month to be edge of the seat stuff its just a shame the under card is so underwhelming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Nah I meant that it’s his fault (as such) that Ngannou might now get a title shot.

Well now when he was matched with De Moiri he needn’t be expecting a big fight after that. I dont think the really big hitters would fear Hrgovic all that much. Though when you look at the shots he took from Zhang there’s plenty of resilience in him. He looked very disinterested that night. I think his father died not long beforehand.

Agree with you here. If Fury is better he wins if Usyk is better he wins they each have attributes that can trouble the other. We’ll see. On the undercard we’re still not even sure what else is on meanwhile the Joshua undercard is pretty stacked. He’s really stolen a march

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Liking that Fury-Usyk undercard. Good to get more eyeballs on Itauma and Jalolov. Two best prospects in the division imo. Hopefully a decent step up for Jalolov particularly given he's 29. Charles Martin type of level would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i knew you wouldnt resist a cut off that

Fury will win, pretty convincingly id expect.

Yep. The “ifs” are silly. Reeks of ready made excuses. Be fun Feb 18 reading through them

Post edited by walshb on

TBA is a busy lad lol

Ok I have to admit it now I am excited about this card. Obviously the main event is thee fight, Opetaia Bredis is a great fight, Cordina/Cacace should be a great contest, Kovalev I really dont care - toilet break and then some interesting prospects. I think Joshua’s card does marginally trump it but they’re both good stacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The whole fight rests on Fury , the last fight has thrown it all up in the air

Are his legs gone or was that a once off, ??? If he is anywhere near his best & fittest it wont matter what Usyk does,

If his legs are gone & he can't keep range & close distance quick enough when i's needed he will be beaten ,

I reckon within a round maybe 2 we will know how the fight plays out,

Great to have to get the chance to find out ,

The fight doesn’t rest on one man no matter how good anyone thinks he is, you just need to have a poor performance or not feel 100% and you’re done and that goes for both men, we can’t say oh one is better than the other he’s going to win because they will prepare for each fighter

How will you know his legs are gone? Simply because he loses? Seems it's an excuse.....the determining factor to say his legs are gone is him losing....?

Could his legs be "fine" and he still loses, and how will you determine that his legs are fine? It's not really some exact science, is it?

I think we need to adopt the position that whoever wins is victorious because of his own merit rather than the slide or whatever of the opponent. The best man will win

By simply watching him him move,Go watch the Francis fight his movement was shocking he couldn't move at all, His legs simply where not there, is it an age thing ? is he done ? or was it a once off ?

Yes he could be fine and still lose , it CAN happen But in my opinion if Fury at his best beats Usyk at his best

Why do you get so hung up on people opinions

Would you prefer if i sat on the fence ,

There is a reason behind every defeat anyone takes,

• Advertisement

Exactly.....

so, Fury's legs may be fine, and he still loses (because Usyk) was that bit better....

Not hung up at all...we debate boxing and views....

I simply asked you a few questions....couple other posters seem to also dismiss this excusing a loss based off "if this and if that."

You appear to be using the "if" query regarding Fury.....

Like a few have now said, the best man will win.

So, maybe the reason for a Fury loss will be because Usyk was just better.....

Your take: "The whole fight rests on Fury" is pretty much saying he cannot be beat unless 'this and that.' It's excusing, as well as being flatly dismissive of Usyk's chances

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think Usyk will lose if his liver hasn't recovered 😁

Yes in my opinion Fury at his best beats Usyk at his best times 10 times out of 10 ,

In his last fight he was very far from his best & if that happens again there is a high chance he is beaten

Right, if Fury loses he’s not the better man. He doesn’t get a past his prime excuse because when he was or should have been in this prime he was dodging a drugs ban and gaining 8 stone or he was after defeating Wilder impressively and chose dreadful fights. If he wins then he deserves all the credit from us all because no one else has managed to find a way to beat Usyk. If Usyk wins no one can take the gloss off it it;s as good a win as it would have been any time. If Fury’s legs can’t take his footwork then it’s the brilliance of his footwork that should be credited. Either one wins, it’s a great win and you’re into the ATG conversation.

So seems you won't accept a Fury defeat without an excuse ("not at his best")...ok, at least that's cleared up. I am not surprised here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Beterbiev was asked who would win.

He said Fury (wait for it)..........if he prepared properly 🙊

I never said that

I said in my opinion Fury at his best wins 10 out of 10 but i'm a grown up so i'm fully aware that my opinion can be incorrect,

I don't "support" or "follow" any ONE boxer so i don't care who wins it doesn't change my life in any way,at all, Iv merely stated my opinion in who i think wins, Why would i need an excuse if someone who has nothing to do with me loses a boxing match, Bizarre mind set ,

• Advertisement

But do you see any way you could say “well, Usyk was just brilliant, too good” should he beat Fury?

Just seems the way you’re talking that you don’t seem to want to even entertain an Usyk win, without some excuse.

I have no issue with anyone being very confident of a boxer winning. But find it odd to be so closed off to the possibility of the opponent being better on the night based off just being purely better, and not due to your boxer needing an excuse.

Advertisement