Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

No frig all in it Fury was surprised and off balance already. It might knock him down but if he was ready for it I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭reclose

I’m expecting a routine win for AJ. I think Francis is getting far too much credit for the Fury fight.

Ngannou has no belief in his own engine. In the early rounds I don’t know if I see him really going for it. I dont think against Fury he really went for broke to win it. I’d say it’ll be plain for all to see that Joshua wins widely but at least one judge will have it close if not a split decision. Joshua might be able to stop him late on

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think Ngannou is getting any credit. There's a question mark over what shape Fury was in for that fight. For most people it's a don't know what Ngannou is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Personally I think AJ puts him away within 6.

Might throw quid on something if I get a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

For a man that’s had a knee rebuild and spent 18 months out of the ring to be fighting fury and Aj is a joke and to then have it mapped out the winner fights the winner of fury v Aj is even worse

boxing is drifting away from being a sport more and more and you can see why ufc is taking over

granted we are getting some big fights from Saudi money but f the crossover shite and leave that to mis ****

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If he doesn't, I might take up myself.

Novice mixing with the top 3 boxers in the world.

Easy money and no experience required.

Looking at 25 euro PPV for AJ fight. DAZN and Sky broadcasting

Zhang v Parker is a good fiight but €25 is pricey enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

|AJ will pick him apart on his bike & possible stop him later As Francis gets desperate ,

Fury had no idea what to expect Aj does ,

Ifltv are reporting he will return to mma after the Aj fight, strange to make plans if he thinks he can win but hey it’s not like boxing is corrupt

var coming for fury too

He had signed a masssive deal with PFL before the Fury fight, which allowed him to part take in both sports ,

His plan was to always fight in boxing & MMA

$10 million for three rounds against a pretty average fighter. He does a three month camp, picks up the cheque and he could be ready six weeks later for a boxing fight again.

The man is 37, he never earned anything like the money he's earned in his last fight. He has a three fight MMA contract, I'm sure he wants the $30 million from those fights and whatever he can add in a boxing ring before he retires. He's probably getting $20 million for the Joshua fight.

He earned about $4 million from the UFC for multiple fights.

It's a nice way to retire.

And he's a good guy too. When negotiating his three fight MMA deal he demanded and got seven figure pay packets for his opponents.

i did not know there is a one way rematch for the zhang fight, parker said he had to accept it or they would fight someone else

Makes a lot of sense Zhang is 40 if he wins he wants a chance to fight one of the big buys, He doesn't have time to waste with Parker,

Parker is still only 32 which is hard to believe

Who you guys got for Parker vs Zhang? I’ve a feeling for Parker to do it

I think Parker will get the win too, he will be lighter on his feet than joyce and not as predictable hopefully

joyce had no head movement at all and was there to be hit, should be a good scrap and I will be interested to see how Zhang looks now he’s able to have a nutritionist in camp

Zhang to finish him in 8/9.

I think Joe could get the win. He is tough, fit, resourceful, take a good shot, has good feet

Zhang could be blowin out his ass after 6 rds if Joe still there

Joe won't get near as easily tagged as Joyce did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

parker for me, he should have too much movement and gas.

Zhang is so big it'll be hard for Parker to get near him and he'll be wide open reaching in. I can see him getting caught with a big one.

I think Zhang will be dangerous in the first three rounds. If Parker gets through that then I think he slowly takes over as Zhang’s output dwindles. I think it’s a great match up both can win. Similar enough to the Hrgovic Zhang fight. I think Parker on points, possibly after having been down.

a great benefit for joe is having a southpaw coach, i really hope he gets the win i would like to see him do well shame he has to beat zhang twice though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So...who's paying the 20 beans for this weekends action?!

I’ll pay, reluctantly. Nice undercard. Nick Ball vs Vargas is tasty. World title at FW WBC

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭reclose

I’m hoping for a Zhang win. I’d like to see him get a title shot somehow after this. He’s at the end of his career.

Great to see the two of them willing to take a tough fight and put their contender status on the line.

Dillian Whyte v Christian hammer announced for castlebar st Patrick’s day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Advertisement