Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Zhang 291lbs and looking in better shape than normal. Parker 247

AJ 252, Ngannou 272

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

What is Mike Tyson doing agreeing to fight Jake Paul fmd

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ngannou to put AJ on his backside round 6. Then AJ to run clean out of ideas for the remaining rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Robert Nairac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I expect AJ to finish Ngannou within the 10 rounds, anything other than that will be seen as a massive failure imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Any win for Joshua keeps him right. I expect a late stoppage. First 3 rounds exciting.

I've only noticed this now (I'm in uk) so not sure it applies to ROI. The fights £20 until midnight tonight. Then tomorrow it's £25.

I've never noticed this before.

Snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

19 euro I paid yesterday via my DAZN account. DAZN PPV channel 495 on Sky are not showing it. I had to install DAZN app on tv to sort it.

Post edited by walshb on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭US3

It's 19.99 on dazn and 24.99 on sky that's mad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

18.99 on DAZN and pay an extra euro for a month subscription.

Is Fury looking unusually lighter/thinner these days? Looks a bit off

DAZN being a “streaming” option making it cheaper I’d imagine; not as “guaranteed” as the Sky digital feed

Tickets €60 and ringside €100 to see Thomas carty and Whyt v Christian hammer next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭Goose81

That's only if you order it on the phone, it says if you order using sky box the price doesn't change

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/13089410/joshua-vs-ngannou-expert-predictions-for-tonights-showdown

The event will start at 4pm, Friday March 8 on Sky Sports Box Office (Sky channel 491) and Sky Sports Box Office HD (Sky channel 492). The event is priced at £19.95 for Sky customers in the UK, €24.95 for Sky customers in the Republic of Ireland up until midnight on Thursday March 7.

Thereafter £19.95/€24.95 across all "self-service" bookings (remote control/online) or £24.95 / €29.95 if booked via the phone (either IVR or agent) but note an additional £2 booking fee if via an agent will apply.

The event price will revert back to £19.95 / €24.95 (ROI) from midnight Friday March 8. Two repeat showings (full duration) will be shown at 6am and 4pm on Saturday March 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its very sad the guy will be 58 when the fight happens, he could be killed in the ring ,

His last fight v Roy Jones was 4 years ago , you;d worry about someone in the 30's taking 4 years off let alone a near 60 year old

Jake Paul should be ashamed of himself, if something goes wrong & Mike is seriously hurt Jake Paul's life will also be ruined ,

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭US3

I'd advise anyone going through dazn to be careful what you sign up for. I subscribed for the Katie Taylor fight last year it was 10euro for the months, turns out I couldn't cancel after the month and have to pay 10r a month for 12 months

If Mike was in against someone decent, I'd agree here, but JP is really not that good. He's no killer.

Tyson is clearly well washed, we all know this, but vs Roy a while back, he looked "good" enough to possibly cause issues for someone like Jake Paul

What happens if Mike lands clean and flush on Paul? Yes, may not be the same force as he was throwing in 1986, but could still generate enough power to really hurt Paul

• Advertisement

He will be 58 years old , I don't care how good you are if you hit a 58 year old flush on the chin he may not get back up ,

Jake Paul is a very limited boxer but he's a big strong dude who carrier's power,

He;'s been knocking out lads in there late 30;s simply because they are past it, Again we are talking about a 58 year old grand father,

Roy Jones is only 3 years younger than Mike at 55, Your making a huge mistake thinking a fight between two lads in there 50's has any relevance to fighting a guy in his 20's , Plus that fight was 4 years ago , if he was fighting a Froch or Bellew you;d be worried about them having not fought in 4 years let along a 58 yearold Grand dad

The worst part will be the inevitable cringe out of Jake Paul saying he's beaten the baddest man on the planet.

That alone makes me pray Tyson puts him on his backside.

I know Paul is big, strong and has power.....Of course it's dangerous, but as boxing and skills go, he is very basic. Mike could well land clean and hard as well....if he does, what happens Jake? Tyson does not need to be 20/21/22 here. Even at 58, if he can throw and land, what happens if he connects clean?

This kind of thinking is crazy & why these stupid sad fights get made,

Mike Tyson in his 30's couldn't stop Danny Williams & Brian McBride, Better men than Paul but still hardly Stella er competition,

20 years later at 58 , he was using a cane last year to get around for **** sake,

If his name was anything other than Mike Tyson you'd agree, This is not the movies its real life he is 58 years old ,

Remember George Forman shocked the world he was 12 year younger than Mike is now, 12 years ,

No, not his name....his ability (albeit clearly diminished) at throwing hard punches is why I am not as strongly against this as you.

You seem to be way OTT in crediting this a mismatch. Giving maybe too much credit to Paul. I think Paul wins, but it's not that much the dangerous mismatch you are making it out to be. Jake Paul is muck.....and if Mike finds his chin clean, he could well really hurt him....it's not rocket-science....

Plenty plenty worse mismatches happen in "regular" pro boxing every day of the week....they are always dangerous.

Zhang is 3-1 on v Parker. Not sure I ageee with that

Parker was 6/1 when it was first announced and that closed to 2/1 last time I looked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I went for Ball, Parker and Joshua. I’ll see how the evening is going and if I’m up money I might throw rounds 6-8 Joshua on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

You cannot read into Parker v Wilder.

Wilder was there in body only, had zero interest.

Zhang looked good against a one dimensional Joe Joyce, but he can really crack and Parker is not elusive.

• Advertisement

wtf… the fight is tonight???

Advertisement