Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

This is worse than a lot of the ITV PPV's. Absolute robbery. Dave Allen who was tweeting about ordering a Chinese last night has been added this morning. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

This PPV is gonna bomb! Even the Eddie Hearn Fan Club Casuals will struggle to buy this coupled with the time of year. Sky aint gonna like the numbers for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Morrison J wrote: »
    This is worse than a lot of the ITV PPV's. Absolute robbery. Dave Allen who was tweeting about ordering a Chinese last night has been added this morning. You couldn't make it up.

Strangely enough adding Allen to the card is a good move. He seems to have a decent following of people who would buy it. Shocking card for a PPV though, nearly as bad as Bellew - Cleverley. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Terrible. Allen does have a bit of a following and God knows why. The condition in which he presents himself to fights is an insult to those supporters he has. Not sure Webb is much good either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Who in their right mind would want to watch Dave Allen, Area level fighter at best and hardly exciting to watch, guy also doesn't even get himself into proper shape. More circus acts from Hearn and Sky. Whyte vs Parker is actually an interesting fight but PPV your having a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think you guys are persuading me to give this a PPV miss......

I’d say you’ll wind up getting it! I’m not there could be a stream or something. Parker Whyte is interesting I will say. I think Parker and I’m hoping he does it. Whyte won’t be easy to ko and he needs the ko. It will be a good test of how much, if any, he has improved. On the other hand Parker has got to go for this so we will see some offense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Who in their right mind would want to watch Dave Allen, Area level fighter at best and hardly exciting to watch, guy also doesn't even get himself into proper shape. More circus acts from Hearn and Sky. Whyte vs Parker is actually an interesting fight but PPV your having a laugh.

Not so long ago, he and Hearn were on telly saying they were going to do things the right way to give him the best possible chance. No more overmatching or short notice fights, build him slowly to see what he can achieve. Since then he's taken the Yoka fight on three weeks notice and this one on a few days. He's going to end up getting badly hurt, because his chin seems a little too solid for his own good

I agree with you. Hearn blasted him for his preparation after he lost to Lewison I think it was. Since Ortiz he seems to be set up as a stand in for guys with ambition as a low to medium stepping stone. I don’t think he’s great but he could be much better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Dave Allen had retired...

• Advertisement

Yea he talked about one more fight and then something else... bs I’d say hell be around another while

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Fair play to him at the end of the day he's just doing his job. He's 7/2 in the bookies and seems very confident he will win as Webb is average

HMm I get your point and he’s a pretty game guy on the night but he could make more of himself by preparing properly and fighting with full camps

He got told on Monday and will get more if he wins than he did for fighting whyte ortiz and lenroy thomas put together so what else could he do

That’s boxing but he could fight at more reasonable intervals and if he had to tell them to shove it then do that. He could get on the AJ bill or the frampton one or other ones. This way he allows himself to be used for a quick buck to beef up the card. It’s not best for his body or career. I’d understand (I do to a point) if he were 10 years older but he’s got loads of time if he wants it. It seems he doesn’t and has chosen a lazy path to scratching a few quid out of it and maybe moving on to showbizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Whyte 18 st 7 (259lbs) Parker 17st 4 (242 lbs)

Both too heavy, Whyte more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Whyte 18 st 7 (259lbs) Parker 17st 4 (242 lbs)

Both too heavy, Whyte more so.
    Both are gate keepers ., they will never be top dog's ., I know Parker was a world champion but he's not in the top 5 in the world.,
    I gotta say I like Dave Higgins, he's a strange dude but I like listing to him .,

Both are gate keepers ., they will never be top dog's ., I know Parker was a world champion but he's not in the top 5 in the world

I agree with all of that but it's disappointing that neither of them can come in 'in shape' for this one all the same.

They are in shape. Their shape....

Parker has weighed heavier for other recent bouts. Whyte is always close to and above 250 lbs; managing even 260....

walshb wrote: »

Parker has weighed heavier for other recent bouts. Whyte is always close to and above 250 lbs; managing even 260....

Parker is 6lb heavierr than against AJ. he wont be as mobile.

Whyte is 11 lbs heavier than against Helenius and he wasn't good then.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »

I thought Parker looks in better shape than he has previously when he has weighed near that weight,
    He is obviously heavier than the Aj fight but it doesn't look like from lack of effort in training if you get me,

In an "ideal" world they'd probably both be below 230 lbs....

But both are "at" their fight weights as regards their careers.

I'm starting to think Whyte beating Browne the way he did may have a bad effect on Whyte,
    Browne looked absolutely awful going into the fight , Parker will be a much better test,

I agree. Even looking at the photo he’s carrying a big paunch I can’t see him having the stamina. Parker late stoppage

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Do the heavier weights indicate we are in for a slugfest? They have scrapped the idea of being lean in favour of punching the heads off of each other to get the highlight reel KO to ensure the shot at AJ?

Do the heavier weights indicate we are in for a slugfest? They have scrapped the idea of being lean in favour of punching the heads off of each other to get the highlight reel KO to ensure the shot at AJ?

No, it’s not a tactic they are just two lazy ****s.

It sickens my happiness when the HWs come in in poor condition. When you consider what is at stake there really is no need. Seems it's power above all else if there is any tactical thinking involved. My concern is that they will both protect a lack of stamina and throw limited shots, thus canceling one another out in a snorefest!

Dave Allen unbelievable 7/2 in the bookies

I didn't see it but fair play to him. That's a platform for him now to make his own fight, not be a stand in or there to beef up the undercard. If he wants it then it's there for him. Hughie may vacate the british title in which case he'd have a good shot at it. Otherwise then a fight against Hughie would be a good one for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

that chisora v takam fight was best heavyweight fight i seen in years

Advertisement