Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Great fight and have to hand it to Chisora that was a fantastic finish. Reminds me of Povetkin vs Takam. Takam was too loose though.
    What you guys making of the main event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

people who were there will still be talking about that night in 20 years. must have been some spectacle to see live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭Augme

dougm1970 wrote: »
    people who were there will still be talking about that night in 20 years. must have been some spectacle to see live.

Must be a testament to how terrible the heavyweight division is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It was no rumble in the jungle, just 6 fat lads well matched.

It was no rumble in the jungle, just 6 fat lads well matched.
    Haha I think we have the award for comment of the night!

• Advertisement

I reckon Eddie wants to Hype up a Whyte vs AJ rematch and sell out the stadium (break PPV records) as he knows AJ will win and he'll continue to make a load of cash.

As suspected. Eddie Hearn has just confirmed on Talksport that AJ will fight Whyte in a rematch on April 13 if the Wilder fight isn’t made.

Now look how all of that worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We all want to see Joshua -Wilder but the Joshua - Whyte rematch isn't bad. At least Whyte comes to fight. It wouldn't be all that surprising if he did manage to KO Joshua.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

whyte v takam would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

chisora miller would be unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Strange way to announce it. It’s almost as if they don’t want the wilder fight. Hate the politics. Just get in and fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Johner wrote: »
    We all want to see Joshua -Wilder but the Joshua - Whyte rematch isn't bad. At least Whyte comes to fight. It wouldn't be all that surprising if he did manage to KO Joshua.

Don’t think I can live in a world where Dillian Whyte is the “unified” HW champion of the world..

Yesterday I saw some real clear clip of that shot that he rocked AJ with. A slight bit more torque and force and AJ was out...

walshb wrote: »
    Don’t think I can live in a world where Dillian Whyte is the “unified” HW champion of the world..

How's about Del Boy then?

How's about Del Boy then?

That world cannot exist......ever!

I can’t believe that Del Boy stopped Takam and whatever happens now he goes out on a high. It seems a very long time now since David Haye stopped him!
    So Whyte gets his shot then. Does he possess enough to frighten AJ? I’ve gained some respect for him from that last night. He really dug it out.
    What about Joe? Where does he go now? I thought he was hard done by by the officiating but if you aspire to win the world title then you need to grit through that. He showed tremendous heart to get up from the second knock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Parker would not have got back up if Whyte had the power of Wilder or Joshua.
    It would be a big surprise to me if Whyte beat Joshua in a rematch. Whyte is resilient and a slugger, but a limited boxer. He got lucky last night to see it out. If Parker had been more agressive earlier on, he likely would have stopped Whyte. He seemed happy to be just there after the fight, when he should have been kicking himself for his performance.

No way but he still took a big shot. I think Parker deserves to feel hard done by. The fight was a brawl due to very poor officiating that suited Whyte. The clash of heads is significant too and was scored as a knock down. But that’s twice that he’s left a fight behind him poor form

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lets be honest Parker is poor, He could easy be on a 3 fight losing streak, many people think Hugey beat him,
    Parker is stuck in the middle of thinking he is a boxer with his stick and move stuff that doesn't really work for him and being to frightened to stand and bang ,
    Whyte v AJ do we really have to do it again ?  
    Whyte has basically only beat Parker and hung on the last round to do so.
    It's clear as day AJ or Hearn don't want Wilder at any costs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Have any of you lads been in the upper tier in Wembley for a fight? Is it any way decent or a complete binocular job?

Paully D wrote: »
    Have any of you lads been in the upper tier in Wembley for a fight? Is it any way decent or a complete binocular job?
    You'll watch the fight on the screen , Its a massive stadium ,

• Advertisement

Fury and Warren are talking about Wilder almost being a done deal for an end of year fight...

I gonna’ call this as bull...

I saw that and I think you're right. It would be quite a way for both Wilder and Fury to steal a march though. I wouldn't rule it out in the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

No way fury is ready for that fight. Be interesting to see how it plays out, what excuse will they give if it was bull****

mada82 wrote: »
    No way fury is ready for that fight. Be interesting to see how it plays out, what excuse will they give if it was bull****

Will he ever be ready though?

If people are expecting Fury to continually “improve” I think they’ll be sorely mistaken..

Almost 3 years out of the ring and living his lifestyle? Really, he should be pushing to be as ready as he can within 6/8 months...

Anyway, it would surprise me if he ever faces AJ or Wilder..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Seems Wilder's side are saying negotiations are happening as well. Definitely has some legs. Maybe it is posturing from both sides to try and snooker Hearn. Think it's a great move for Wilder. If Fury is not near his best which is highly likely he has a chance at starching the cult favourite of the division and the guy who beat the long term champ. Lose and the Joshua fight probably happens regardless due to Wilder beating someone like Whyte or Povetkin and becoming a mandatory if Fury just pisses off into retirement again.

Fury must be confident he's in good condition or else he needs money for coke. He should have the beating of Wilder even if he's not near peak, Ortiz exposed a lot of holes in Wilder and Fury will just stink out the gaff to unseen levels just to reduce chances of getting caught.

I'm a fan oif Fury but I can't see him being ready for this fight this year,
    He still needs to drop close to two stone to be in the shape he was for fighting Wlad, I think he'd be silly to rush his comeback,
    I wouldn't be surprised if there both Wilder and Fury are talking crap to try and Force AJ to 100% take the fight in April next year, If Fury beats Wilder he holds all the cards be a disaster for AJ,
    I don't think Hearn and Aj want the fight next year and Wilder knows it so there trying to put pressure on

Warren has claimed that he has dropped a further 2 stones. That would put him at circa 250...

Warren has claimed that he has dropped a further 2 stones. That would put him at circa 250...
    Dropping the two stones is the easy part, its getting your cardio and power and speed up to there top levels after you've dropped the two stone that is the hard part,
    It takes a lot longer to do that than to actually lose the weight,
    I think Fury is mad to take the fight this year but then we all know Fury is mad,  So who knows,
    Be nice to see a heavyweight with an 0 willing to fight anyone ,

A lot longer?

He’s a career boxer...they’re not old stiff men...

If Fury is dedicated and serious then by late this year or early next year he should be more than ready to rumble...

• Advertisement

A lot longer?

He’s a career boxer...they’re not old stiff men...

If Fury is dedicated and serious then by late this year or early next year he should be more than ready to rumble...
    He's a career boxer who took two years off and got to 27 stone,
    This isn't a 3 round exhibition this is Elite world level , He needs time,
    He's had to lose nearly 9/10stone of fat., Then get himself in proper athletic shape with speed ,power and cardio and the actually work on his boxing it takes time , Its not like he's doing some 12 week transformation and he'll be ready to go full throttle this is elite level boxing
    Look at AJ, he  beat Wald last summer, been in amazing shape his whole career and Hearn and co don't think he's ready for Wilder ti , but yet you expect a lad who's weighed 27 stone last year to be ready by Christmas ,
    If Fury keeps training and doesn't fall off the wagon it'll be next Autumn / Winter till we see him in top shape ,

Advertisement