Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

could of be a typical fury move of trying to steal the limelight after the DW/Chisora fights the weekend.

its something he had done repeatably over the years so wouldnt rule it out as didnt think he planned to return to that level so quick.

plus will cost wilder millions after fury beats him, which i think he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He's a career boxer who took two years off and got to 27 stone,
    This isn't a 3 round exhibition this is Elite world level , He needs time,
    He's had to lose nearly 9/10stone of fat., Then get himself in proper athletic shape with speed ,power and cardio and the actually work on his boxing it takes time , Its not like he's doing some 12 week transformation and he'll be ready to go full throttle this is elite level boxing
    Look at AJ, he  beat Wald last summer, been in amazing shape his whole career and Hearn and co don't think he's ready for Wilder ti , but yet you expect a lad who's weighed 27 stone last year to be ready by Christmas ,
    If Fury keeps training and doesn't fall off the wagon it'll be next Autumn / Winter till we see him in top shape ,

The weight is off.......

I think you are making too much of this. It's just weight. It's gone. Hardy takes the guys of 12-18 months for "something to have to happen" for him to get into "top shape."

If I were advising him I'd say train hard and often, have 1-2 max tune ups and then target the elites in the 1st quarter of 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

walshb wrote: »
    He's had to lose nearly 9/10stone of fat., Then get himself in proper athletic shape with speed ,power and cardio and the actually work on his boxing it takes time , Its not like he's doing some 12 week transformation and he'll be ready to go full throttle this is elite level boxing
    Look at AJ, he  beat Wald last summer, been in amazing shape his whole career and Hearn and co don't think he's ready for Wilder ti , but yet you expect a lad who's weighed 27 stone last year to be ready by Christmas ,
    If Fury keeps training and doesn't fall off the wagon it'll be next Autumn / Winter till we see him in top shape ,

The weight is off.......

I think you are making too much of this. It's just weight. It's gone. Hardy takes the guys of 12-18 months for "something to have to happen" for him to get into "top shape."

If I were advising him I'd say train hard and often, have 1-2 max tune ups and then target the elites in the 1st quarter of 2019.

The weight is off.......

Getting the weight off is the easy part, Your really under estimating how losing weight like that effects your body and how long it takes for everything else to catch up , Especially at that level,
    Where not talking about a guy that ballooned between fight like a Ricky Hatton, Fury been carrying huge amounts of extra weight for two years, It takes time to get everything up to required levels again,
    Also as its boxing he can't just focus on power .speed ,cardio , He also needs to be putting in his boxing work ,
    AJ even mentioned in the last couple of weeks there is no way Fury will be near fit enough in the next 12 months ,I'll try find it,
    It was along the lines of  Fury can't do two boxing session day which is needed at that level . As one of his session has to be is solely dedicated to fitness and it leaves you knackered,
    It takes time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Warren has claimed that he has dropped a further 2 stones. That would put him at circa 250...

I don’t believe that for a second going by recent pictures and videos.

I don’t believe that for a second going by recent pictures and videos.

I don't believe any of their recent claims...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Boxing is full of lads on the con and fury still is. I don’t think he’s anywhere nearly ready. He has a fight coming up and wants attention. We’ll see how he looks during it because you can’t believe anythin you can’t see with your own eyes. I think that by Christmas if he’s serious then he should be physically ready and I’d agree with early 2019. That’s a year or more of serious training

Fury has just said that the deal with Wilder is done. Once he beats Pianeta the fight will go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Hopefully it's the truth.. if Fury beats wilder before Christmas he could fight AJ in April. Fury has more of a chance against AJ than wilder does in my worthless opinion

Warren has claimed that he has dropped a further 2 stones. That would put him at circa 250...

Walt Harris is sparring Fury in this camp and was interveiwed yesterday and said Fury is weighing close to 270lbs ,

Hopefully it's the truth.. if Fury beats wilder before Christmas he could fight AJ in April. Fury has more of a chance against AJ than wilder does in my worthless opinion

If Fury beats Wilder , Hearn and AJ wont go near him in April , Hearn will want a couole more gimmes for AJ before throwing him in aginst a Fury whos beaten Wilder,

Wilder is so hard to predict , He can box poorly for 12 rounds but one timed shot and he wins

• Advertisement

Walt Harris is sparring Fury in this camp and was interveiwed yesterday and said Fury is weighing close to 270lbs ,

Grand...

Anyway, he has fought up at 260 and above through his career...

Like I said, I don’t believe their claims. The weight is off. 10/15/20 lbs means little, as even through his career during fights he has had similar windows...

I stand by my point. If serious and committed then late this year/early next year he should be more than ready...

Walt Harris is sparring Fury in this camp and was interveiwed yesterday and said Fury is weighing  close to 270lbs ,

Grand...

Anyway, he has fought up at 260 and above through his career...

Like I said, I don’t believe their claims. The weight is off. 10/15/20 lbs means little, as even through his career during fights he has had similar windows...

I stand by my point. If serious and committed then late this year/early next year he should be more than ready...
    Wasn't he 246 lbs for the Wlad fight best shape iv ever seen him in ,
    Anyone I actually think he's below 270 , I doubt that Harris knows his exact weight , I reckon he will be close to 260 for his fight in two weeks,
    Fair play to him if he really has taken the Wlider fight but I think its a bit soon ,

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

thw weight isnt an issue, hes done the work and looks in great shape. fury never had an adonis physique. BUT hes full of ****e, talks ****e regularly and knows what to say and when to get publicity. Usually involves talking about AJ and Hearn ironically enough.

Larsso30 wrote: »
    thw weight isnt an issue, hes done the work and looks in great shape. fury never had an adonis physique. BUT hes full of ****e, talks ****e regularly and knows what to say and when to get publicity. Usually involves talking about AJ and Hearn ironically enough.
    Id like to see him in a fight before everyone start jumping on how good shape he is in,
    Your right its not by chance he always has something to say the day after a big Hearn fight night,

Fury now saying he is 18st 9 (261) but as ever he is covering the belly
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl71TPwDwei/

He looks to be in decent shape the weigh in will be interesting. He’s spoofing though

Miller vs Adamek in October.
    Miller looks like the Michellin man

https://twitter.com/MatchroomBoxing/status/1027285712146595841

Adamek a has-been blown up CW.....

Where do they pull these fights from?

squinn2912 wrote: »
    He looks to be in decent shape the weigh in will be interesting. He’s spoofing though
    I think he will struggle the weekend and use it as an excuse to re-plan the Wilder fight , that probably was never going to happen anyway ,

I forgot that was this week!! It’s hard to know but seeing him active is a good thing

• Advertisement

My bad its next weekend

I see Pulev vs Hughie Fury has been made for late October in Bulgaria.

IBF eliminator with the winner to get a title shot.

Not sure what to make of that, I never really thought much of Pulev so I can almost see Hughie winning this one.

That’s a great fight! I think hughie as well but I think Pulev is good

Wilder will be ringside in Belfast on Saturday. Presumably he is going to have a post fight stare down with Fury to announce their fight.

I’m delighted about that!! Well know more about fury and the big fights are being at last made.

I’m delighted about that!! Well know more about fury and the big fights are being at last made.
    Iv a feeling he mite struggle the weekend, If he does its very bad news if he's going to fight Wilder in November

Has November been mooted? He might well struggle but in a way he’s always made hard work of things! If that fight is made it’s so exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'll believe the Fury - Wilder fight when I see them in the ring together November/December.

Has November been mooted? He might well struggle but in a way he’s always made hard work of things! If that fight is made it’s so exciting
    Ye a seen a reporter ask Tyson would it go ahead in  December and he said no November

• Advertisement

Fury be on the white stuff by December, lads!

Advertisement