Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

squinn2912 wrote: »
    What you guys make of Ortiz team admitting blame for negotiations breaking down? Complete hoax imo

I thought it was a bit ridiculous that after Miller failing the VADA test that the first person that they should go to, and the person that Eddie Hearn said would be AJ's favourite option, would be Luis Ortiz. I mean which boxer on the list would you think would be least likely to meet the VADA criteria? Eddie going on about how many sleepless nights boxing gives him, and then he wants to organise a fight with Luis Ortiz?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I thought it was a bit ridiculous that after Miller failing the VADA test that the first person that they should go to, and the person that Eddie Hearn said would be AJ's favourite option, would be Luis Ortiz. I mean which boxer on the list would you think would be least likely to meet the VADA criteria? Eddie going on about how many sleepless nights boxing gives him, and then he wants to organise a fight with Luis Ortiz?

Haha thats a great point! AJ is in a strange position where he’s getting it hard to find any opponent

Anyone watching the undercard?

Reckon this will end next round

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Serious Charisma ringside here between Dubois and Joyce. You can really feel the tension between them.

• Advertisement

Serious Charisma ringside here between Dubois and Joyce. You can really feel the tension between them.

Totally limp. DD is very reserved that’s ok. JJ is trying to act brash but he’s got no personality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

can't wait for their press conference

dougm1970 wrote: »
    can't wait for their press conference

To be fair to Dubois he’s 21. The other fool is 33 and should be knocking on other doors. He’s gonna turn himself into another Audley except with a silver medal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Price v Allen July 20th on the Whyte card.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good match up, I'd strongly fancy Allen to get the job done by KO after losing every round before Price gases.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Good match up, I'd strongly fancy Allen to get the job done by KO after losing every round before Price gases.

Unfortunately I think you’re right. A lot of talk about price being this huge hitter... I can’t remember any big one punch ko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Cannot believe this'll be on the undercard for a PPV event. Absolute beautiful ****housery from Hearn. I'm both embarrassed and proud to say I cannot wait to see how the fight pans out, or rather who pans out onto the canvas first. Anyone fancy giving Audley Harrison and Michael Sprott a call-up for an ol trilogy fight? It'd suit this card down to a f*cking tee. Maybe get Nick Halling and Jim Watt a one night contract for the commentary too.

Angliru wrote: »
    Cannot believe this'll be on the undercard for a PPV event. Absolute beautiful ****housery from Hearn. I'm both embarrassed and proud to say I cannot wait to see how the fight pans out, or rather who pans out onto the canvas first. Anyone fancy giving Audley Harrison and Michael Sprott a call-up for an ol trilogy fight? It'd suit this card down to a f*cking tee. Maybe get Nick Halling and Jim Watt a one night contract for the commentary too.

I was half thinking of going!

I was half thinking of going!

Honestly all joking aside, Whyte-Rivas is a very good fight and Allen-Price is going to be entertaining no matter what happens. And considering the air in the O2 will be 99% cocaine, there's going to be a good atmosphere there to say the least.

Angliru wrote: »
    Honestly all joking aside, Whyte-Rivas is a very good fight and Allen-Price is going to be entertaining no matter what happens. And considering the air in the O2 will be 99% cocaine, there's going to be a good atmosphere there to say the least.

Hahaha that’s the best contribution on this thread!! I’ve spent a decade telling people that price is bound to show his power some time... maybe this is it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Allen Price is a good fight you cant deny that. It will last about 4 rounds and someone will get Ko'd. Price has had about 2 ko wins in 5 years. I favour Allen on form. Parker Chisora to be added and it will be a good night. winners to face each other.

ACAguy wrote: »
    Allen Price is a good fight you cant deny that. It will last about 4 rounds and someone will get Ko'd. Price has had about 2 ko wins in 5 years. I favour Allen on form. Parker Chisora to be added and it will be a good night. winners to face each other.

Yea that’s likely it. Allen has the grit between his teeth now while price has no confidence. I’d kinda like to see price win but even that is a waste. He won’t take it anywhere now. Losers facing each other is possible too. Put Takam in the mix and there’s a bit of mileage in that too for another card of entertaining fights

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Price loses he should immediately retire he's 36. Wins and will fighter parker/Chisora winner for a possible shot at aj but given AJ has Ruiz, Usyk, Pulev, fury, Wilder to fight could be a while.

I just don't see when we get Aj facing wilder/fury which is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anywhere have prices up for Price V Allen ?

Anywhere have prices up for Price V Allen ?

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/david-allen-v-david-price/winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

So the rumour is that AJ's opponent will be Ruiz ....

So the rumour is that AJ's opponent will be Ruiz ....

Would want to be some undercard to get me booking that what a farce

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Would want to be some undercard to get me booking that what a farce

Jokeshop. Considering how 2019 was shaping up 6 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,590 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Fair oul' belly on the chap..........for an athlete I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ruiz Jr can really fight though, I thought he beat Parker tbh or at least drew.

Yea it certainly wasn't convincing for Parker to be fair. I still think Parker is decent as well but his effort against AJ was poor. Ruiz is so fat. Annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Yea it certainly wasn't convincing for Parker to be fair. I still think Parker is decent as well but his effort against AJ was poor. Ruiz is so fat. Annoys me.

galento put joe louis on his arse, and had him wobbly getting up of it.....you never can tell.....great thing about boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dougm1970 wrote: »
    galento put joe louis on his arse, and had him wobbly getting up of it.....you never can tell.....great thing about boxing.

He nearly moidad da bum

• Registered Users Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Johner wrote: »
    Ruiz Jr can really fight though, I thought he beat Parker tbh or at least drew.

It was a close fight.
    Ruiz has fast enough hands, but his reach is too short and he does not seem to have the power to trouble Joshua.

This fight is meaningless. Even if Joshua blasts him out inside 2 rounds, it won't mean much. I was really hoping it would be Ortiz. It seems clear Hearn thought Ortiz was too much of a risk for Joshua's debut in America. It must be Joshua and Hearn are of the same mind, otherwise they would have fallen out over the route his career taking now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

It was a close fight.
    Ruiz has fast enough hands, but his reach is too short and he does not seem to have the power to trouble Joshua.

This fight is meaningless. Even if Joshua blasts him out inside 2 rounds, it won't mean much. I was really hoping it would be Ortiz. It seems clear Hearn thought Ortiz was too much of a risk for Joshua's debut in America. It must be Joshua and Hearn are of the same mind, otherwise they would have fallen out over the route his career taking now.

I'd say Ortiz failing a piss tests was to much of a risk for Hearn rather than his fighting ability.

Advertisement