Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Wilder making a clown of himself again.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/48278712

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Wilder making a clown of himself again.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/48278712

He's only building up his image as a power puncher. Nobody should look to much into it.

Kilboor wrote: »
    He's only building up his image as a power puncher. Nobody should look to much into it.

Yea fair enough it’s distasteful and God forbid. But it’s not a sport for the innocent. Bit of a nothing story and eventually he will remove himself from that talk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Kilboor wrote: »

He is saying that he wants to murder someone in the ring. Hyping the fight, selling tickets etc is not an excuse. Ali said absolutely dreadful and reprehensible things about Frazier but never said he wanted him dead.

It is grossly irresponsible and for any fighter who has that unwanted record like Barry McGuigan it is a stark reminder how unregulated this sport truly is.

Bottom line he should be fined and/or banned for this as the repercussions are huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I don't like it but the likes of Haye, Naseem, Bowe, Tyson have all said similar in the past with little outrage. it's just fighters trying to make headlines and hype a fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I have a feeling Breazeale is going to win at the weekend. Does anyone else think he has a chance of beating Wilder?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Nope wilder 4-6 once he lands flush it's over

ACAguy wrote: »
    Nope wilder 4-6 once he lands flush it's over

I don’t think it’ll be a one punch ko and I expect wilder to be in trouble at some point but in less trouble than against Ortiz. Then his stamina will come through and he’ll get the stoppage. Round 8/9 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think Wilder stops him in 4 , Breazeale to go into his shell after half a round and fight scared like he did against AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Wilder in at 223.5lbs.
    Much heavier than previous 2 fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭megadodge

I have a feeling Breazeale is going to win at the weekend. Does anyone else think he has a chance of beating Wilder?

I really rate his chances.

He's big, can box, has a good punch and has a huge heart. He took a consistent beating from Joshua for seven rounds before going down, but that's not the way Wilder fights. He only throws in spurts. I think Breazeale has the ability to hurt Wilder and won't be afraid to go for it.

I'm not saying he'll definitely win, but he was a much better chance than most are giving him and I, for one, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I think the Wilder Breazeale fight could go the distance and I can see Wilder losing on points if it does.

Breazeale is a better boxer if he can manage to not get knocked out. He’s tough to be fair so might manage it.

Maybe it’s just my bias towards wanting to see Wilder lose as he’s such an almighty a pain in the arse. It’d be nicer to see him knocked out but I’d take someone beating him on points for now.

Breazeale is 11/2 for the win on betfair. Will take some of that.

I see what you guys are saying but I think Breazeale is a much inferior boxer. I think he’s very slow hand speed and he doesn’t look overly conditioned. He is durable. I wouldn’t count him as good as Ortiz . I would like to see him win though

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I see what you guys are saying but I think Breazeale is a much inferior boxer. I think he’s very slow hand speed and he doesn’t look overly conditioned. He is durable. I wouldn’t count him as good as Ortiz . I would like to see him win though

Have to agree with you squin

His hand speed just isn’t there and it certainly looks like he’s not conditioned.

I reckon Wilder will stop him within the first 8 rounds but hope I’m wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Breazeale showed against Ugonoh that he can be hurt badly and his stamina is not great either.

I think Wilder will stop him with 1 punch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

I'd be shocked if Breazeale makes this competitive. He's terrible imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Breazeale is walking punch bag. So slow.

Wilder knockout within 6 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

The more that time goes on the more I think Wilder finds Joshua's chin first if they ever are to meet. Joshua just doesn't have anywhere near the same level of lights out power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Never heard a punch sound like that before-mental power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He's KO'd every single fighter he has faced, I see no reason he won't do the same to AJ.

• Advertisement

its who catches who first really. Just shows that fury has a serious chin on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    its who catches who first really. Just shows that fury has a serious chin on him.

AJ was wobbled by Whyte, Dropped by Vlad. I see Wilder finishing him very early. AJ wouldn't be evasive at all.

Yeah but we have also seen wilder wobbled, 50-50 for me, slightly leaning to aj.

That was quite a hit by Wilder he’s just so fast when he throws the right one. That said Breazeale has nothing at the highest level. He’s far too flabby and he hadn’t a clue that shot was coming. The earlier one scrambled him.
    I think the top three it’s a toss up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I just don’t see how Joshua keeps Wilder off him. Fury is a much slicker more elusive boxer and he was still knocked down twice by Wilder. His power is scary, he’s a very average boxer with freakish power.

Joshua can bang too and i suspect wilders chin is not all that great, really think whoever lands first wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I don’t think Joshua has that one punch knock out power though, would be stupid to get into a who lands first type of fight with Wilder as there’s only one winner. He’d have to outbox him which is possible but I couldn’t see Joshua avoiding getting clipped.

Yeah im not saying joshua can bang like wilder but he can certainly punch and i think he is the smarter fighter so wont get caught clean by wilder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Joshua doesn't have the movement or reflexes to avoid Wilder for 12 rounds I feel. F*ck it Fury couldn't avoid it for 12 rounds and by sheer divine intervention managed to get up. I just cannot see past Wilder finding a home for that right hand. Joshua doesn't have the one punch power to ice Wilder in my opinion and the longer the fight drags on the more dangerous Wilder gets as his gas tank advantage becomes a huge factor as does his desperation making him a harder fighter to anticipate. Wilder can throw a punch from one side of the ring and land it on you on the opposite side...he's freakishly long and I just don't see how Joshua can avoid that. He's far too robotic and stiff.

On paper you have to favour Joshua just because Wilder is such an odd fighter but I wouldn't put stolen money on Joshua to win.

• Advertisement

But when joshua lands and wobbles opponents he tends to finish them, he has that killer instinct so if he wobbles wilder he can finish him. Its anybody's guess really, if fury had power he would be near unbeatable.

Advertisement