Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow Frampton, a friend of Katie, saying he thinks it's a disgraceful decision.

He and Haye had it 8-2 Persoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

As much as I love Katie, that's bull****!

There'll be a rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Wasn't even close to a robbery. A very close fight though. Rematch would hopefully see Taylor fight much smarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Wow Frampton, a friend of Katie, saying he thinks it's a disgraceful decision.

He and Haye had it 8-2 Persoon.

I thought persoon...but no way was it 8 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Haha robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

she knows herself.

Beaten by a very crude fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Katie lost that. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Tight call for me but I thought Katie deserved a draw at the most. Easy to understand why Persoon is so disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Katie clearly won that fight. They are overreacting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Taylor looks a bit embarrassed there..

theballz wrote: »
    Katie clearly won that fight. They are overreacting

Bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

She'll be definitely be putting this all down to God! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Absolutely disgusting decision that what's fu5ks boxing. She had the head beat off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Huge Katie fan but I think she was just edged out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

She always struggles with pressure fighters.

I dont think its a case of not fighting smart, I dont think she can effectively dispatch girls who pour it on.

Skill level there was atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,630 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It was very, very close for me.....the Sky commentators are getting carried away by talking about the Belgian being a clear winner and hinting at daylight robbery etc

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Who's the lardass Joshua is fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kmart6 wrote:
    Robbery!

PsychoPete wrote:
    Ridiculous decision!

Will you stop being ridiculous and ott. It was a very close fight with about four rounds that could be called either way. I think a draw would have been a fair result but it's not a huge stretch that Katie won it by two.

Strazdas wrote: »
    It was very, very close for me.....the Sky commentators are getting carried away by talking about the Belgian being a clear winner and hinting at daylight robbery etc

Not a bit she had the head beaten off her.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »

It was close but Katie did not win that fight. I feel bad for Persoon.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Will you stop being ridiculous and ott. It was a very close fight with about four rounds that could be called either way. I think a draw would have been a fair result but it's not a huge stretch that Katie won it by two.

Fu5k up talking ****e

Blanco100 wrote: »
    She always struggles with pressure fighters.

I dont think its a case of not fighting smart, I dont think she can effectively dispatch girls who pour it on.

When she wants to she can. There was a couple of rounds in there where Taylor absolutely embarrassed Persoon. Persoon was just relentless in coming forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,630 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It was close but Katie did not win that fight. I feel bad for Persoon.

It was very close and could easily have been a draw. Had Katie lost, she might have claimed herself she was robbed......when a fight is as close as that, the result can become a lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sounded like the Rocky movie listening to it on the radio. I'd pay to see a rematch and I never expected I'd feel that way about a women's boxing bout.

Katie clearly won three rounds, Persoon clearly won three rounds and there were four that were tight.
    I think a draw would have been fair. People calling it a robbery are going way ott.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Really feel Katie could have made that easier if she boxed and moved. She has literally less than zero composure though. Very very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Sounded like the Rocky movie listening to it on the radio. I'd pay to see a rematch and I never expected I'd feel that way about a women's boxing bout.

No bull**** here, they just knocked lumps off each other. Definate rematch. Worth the ppv.

Persoon deserves a rematch I think. Another 20/30 seconds and Taylor was hitting the canvas imo.

• Advertisement

Fu5k up talking ****e

Typical response from somebody who hasn't a clue.

Advertisement