Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Taylor sells women’s boxing the other doesn’t . That’s why we got that result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

theballz wrote: »
    I had Katie winning that fight by 4 rounds. Don’t let the sky commentary team make you think any different. She was the better fighter

When Sky are calling it against their own fighter (anyone matchroom really) then you know its a wrap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Blanco100 wrote: »
    When Sky are calling it against their own fighter (anyone matchroom really) then you know its a wrap

Get the glasses on

pac_man wrote: »
    How many people has Smith stung with that catch and counter. It's his trademark punch.

Id say Canelo is having a good look. Smith should play possum a bit and try not to look too good.

Surely Smith is too big aswell, hes no Rocky Fielding.

Really want to see Canelo against a fit and focused BJ Saunders.

Get the glasses on

think you have misjudged what I said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,630 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They got carried away IMO. Persoon was in bits (physically) leaving the ring and more beaten up than Katie. It was a very close brawl of a fight....to be talking about or hinting at 'robbery' is totally overstretching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

think you have misjudged what I said

Ya wrong post apologise

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Lads,

There was no robbery here... I had it as a draw but you could just look at the stats as you are going through the fight. Peerson while going forward early on was eating a lot of accurate punches... Taylor had twice the accuracy, Peerson just threw a lot of misses.
    Peerson definitely has a better engine and used that especially in the last two rounds where she was throwing a lot more and landing.

I understand how Peerson could see how she won it but the game is boxing not fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Katie got tired. I would love to tell her to relax for the last two weeks before fight. She has the ability she trained too hard. Rest is very, very important and I cannot stress that enough. Ross, as good as he is and a fitness fanatic himself is old skool. Had her training like a lunatic leading right up to the ring walk. That is so wrong rest is where it is at. Yes you can warm up in dressing room on fight night but do not over work leading to fight. You would be full of energy in the fight if you had rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

IMHO, Persoon effeminately won 5 rounds
    2 rounds too close to call
    Katie won 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Caught him nice there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

kona wrote: »
    No bull**** here, they just knocked lumps off each other. Definate rematch. Worth the ppv.

Katie gets the numbers anyway. She'd be mad to agree to rematch imo. Quit while you're ahead with this opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Scandalous decision Katie lost easily,another money making victory for prromoters,but Liverpool are the real winners tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Sharp right that from Smith,against a sparring can but sharp right none the less

Katie got tired. I would love to tell her to relax for the last two weeks before fight. She has the ability she trained too hard. Rest is very, very important and I cannot stress that enough. Ross, as good as he is and a fitness fanatic himself is old skool. Had her training like a lunatic leading right up to the ring walk. That is so wrong rest is where it is at. Yes you can warm up in dressing room on fight night but do not over work leading to fight. You would be full of energy in the fight if you had rested.

She's bouncing around on her toes unnecessarily at times aswell. She needs to master the art of choosing her moments at right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Does she though?

Even as an amateur she suffered some scares with often crude pressure fighters.

Ive yet to see a flawless pro performance from her where she controls the ring and uses a variation of punches.

this is the point, she doesn't do it. As she said after the fight- didn't listen to her corner and wants to fight too much.

Smith has a brilliant attitude and a terrific temperament aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anyone could see that, what was your take
    I had it a draw, had Katie up by one going into the last. If Persoon had got a knockdown, and I think she got close, she would have been the winner for me.

That fight is going to add millions to Smith's next fight. He looked awesome and ppv love knockouts.

this is the point, she doesn't do it. As she said after the fight- didn't listen to her corner and wants to fight too much.

Shes 32 years old. It comes down to ability to do it.

She will be overtaken as the quality of pressure fighter increases.

Nobody will ever criticise her nor should they given what she has achieved. But I dont think she can fight on backfoot. She fights in offensive flurries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Katie gets the numbers anyway. She'd be mad to agree to rematch imo. Quit while you're ahead with this opponent.

Imagine being a winner like katie and living like that? Id say she cant even look at that belt.

GGG, a man that was clearly robbed twice just interviewed. I can't understand how such a great fighter can go on after having his unbeaten record unjustly ripped from him.
    He is still the unbeaten world champ on my book.

I can't see this one going anymore than three rounds. You don't away with being as unfit as Ruiz looks against a total package like Joshua.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

eagle eye wrote: »
    GGG, a man that was clearly robbed twice just interviewed. I can't understand how such a great fighter can go on after having his unbeaten record unjustly ripped from him.
    He is still the unbeaten world champ on my book.

He won the first fight and lost the second. The natural third fight needs to happen, unfortunately Father Time is/has caught up with him though

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Listening to my first fight on radio since bruno fought tyson the first time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well this came alive!!

AJ gone?

Oh jaysus

Saved by the bell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

JESUS

fighters have been waved off for not following the walk to me order from a ref. AJ got a little lucky there.

• Advertisement

he was gone there.

he will ride the storm though and ruiz will fade.

AJ being found out

Advertisement