Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

No he won’t.

He will get the same percentage 70/30 in AJ favour ,
    Fight likely to be in a bigger area so he'll walk away with more cash but the same split

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

He will get the same percentage 70/30 in AJ favour ,
    Fight likely to be in a bigger area so he'll walk away with more cash but the same split

Please follow the conversation. Also please inform yourself of the details of the contact.

Poster said he will get the same money as Saturday he won't he stands to make over double what he made. And no Title holder will take a 70/30 split. The contract is written on a Fight, Status and Promo payment.

His status has changed from blow in to champ, his promo payments will be significantly higher since he's champion and his fight payment will be huge.

So no it's not the same money as Saturday night.

For prupose of thread. Purses where 5.23 million Ruiz 19.7 million AJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Ruiz will certainly get paid more maybe double, think hearn even said that somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Please follow the conversation. Also please inform yourself of the details of the contact.

Poster said he will get the same money as Saturday he won't he stands to make over double what he made. And no Title holder will take a 70/30 split. The contract is written on a Fight, Status and Promo payment.

His status has changed from blow in to champ, his promo payments will be significantly higher since he's champion and his fight payment will be huge.

It’s lucrative to fight in uk but he could take the belt to Mexico or Vegas and sell out there against any opponent and then the rematch. All depends on mandatory but seems aj has activated it now

• Advertisement

That's what I said he will make more money because the fight will generate more cash but he will still be on the same purse split of 30/70 , well that's what been reported ,

Its the reason Whyte turned down the fight, he said his big problem was why would he take only 30% if he is champ again this was widely reported,

If the actually contract has been leaked I haven't seen it ,

That's what I said he will make more money because the fight will generate more cash but he will still be on the same purse split of 30/70 , well that's what been reported ,

Its the reason Whyte turned down the fight, he said his big problem was why would he take only 30% if he is champ again this was widely reported,

If the actually contract has been leaked I haven't seen it ,
    But it won't be a champ won't take a 70/30 split that's a fact

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just looking at Ruiz past fight dates. He has fought a number of times only a month or two apart.

But it won't be a champ won't take a 70/30 split that's a fact

I'm not arguing with you serious question does he have a choice ? If he signed the first contract with the rematch clause and terms in it ,

Whyte was very public saying that he didn't sign to fight AJ as the contract was you get the same purse split in the rematch and he gets to decide where it takes place, Whyte said that was bullsh*t because why should he get that if you beat him ,

Just look at Persoon post fight comments these things happen all the time and remember she was also a champion ,

"This is Matchroom, eh. If I lose the fight, it's no problem, I can go home.
    "If I win the fight, I have to do a rematch. They always look (after) themselves. I said, 'If I lost the fight, also a rematch?'. They say, 'No, no. Only if you win, you're going to give a rematch. They say what is my next fight. That's boxing, eh

Here a bit of what Whyte said this was on video and Hearn was beside him

“The first offer, they wanted the lion’s share in the rematch and I said: ‘No’,”
    “And then the second offer I said: ‘OK I’ll accept the terms but with no rematch’.

“And then the third offer I said: ‘I’ll give you the same deal you’re giving me in the first fight for the rematch’. And then I’ve not heard anything.”

Later in the debate, Matchroom boss Hearn said: “Listen AJ is the biggest star in boxing, you are very important to us, we’ve done a great job for you and I want you to fight him.”

Whyte is now a pay per view fighter himself so no way was he going to sign up for it, He also said if it was a draw Aj would not give him a rematch ,

Ruiz is a different story he took the contract as no matter what it was more than he would ever make ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Ruiz terms will most likely be the same as the first fight. We already know that’s what Hearn offered Whyte and he turned it down for that very reason.

Ruiz was a less credible opponent at the time so there is no way he would be offered better terms than Whyte was.

It was the same with the K brothers. In fact they had 2 rematch clauses in their contracts.

There is nothing Ruiz can do unless they find a loophole.

mada82 wrote: »
    Ruiz terms will most likely be the same as the first fight. We already know that’s what Hearn offered Whyte and he turned it down for that very reason.

Ruiz was a less credible opponent at the time so there is no way he would be offered better terms than Whyte was.

It was the same with the K brothers. In fact they had 2 rematch clauses in their contracts.

There is nothing Ruiz can do unless they find a loophole.

Purse split isn't in a pre agreement and never has been.

Purse isn't in a pre agreement and never has been.

The split would be though? We saw Whyte explain it on one of those boxing channels.

Either you are talking about something different to me or you are wrong.

Not sure which it is.

mada82 wrote: »
    The split would be though? We saw Whyte explain it on one of those boxing channels.

Either you are talking about something different to me or you are wrong.

Not sure which it is.

If I'm wrong every other promotion out side Mathchroom is doing it wrong so. The split isn't agreed as status isn't agreed till the discussions.

In a pre agreement in a contract, legislation, Sponsors and entire purse will be discussed(Not the split)

The split is the negotiated as will have to be now as AJ isn't the champ. He hasnt the power to demand anything, mandatories will come ahead of a pre agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

If I'm wrong every other promotion out side Mathchroom is doing it wrong so. The split isn't agreed as status isn't agreed till the discussions.

In a pre agreement in a contract, legislation, Sponsors and entire purse will be discussed(Not the split)

The split is the negotiated as will have to be now as AJ isn't the champ. He hasnt the power to demand anything, mandatories will come ahead of a pre agreement.

The split for a rematch was the same for the first fight for Whyte if he won. Aj still the A side if he won. His terms . He and Hearn said so. Take the L

The split for a rematch was the same for the first fight for Whyte if he won. Aj still the A side if he won. His terms . He and Hearn said so. Take the L

Show me the terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

i was wondering about this...the terms of the rematch.
    also wondering if ruiz had decided not to go with rematch IF one of the belts would be stripped from him, then what would his penalty be

Show me the terms.

Whyte and other have said in the contract when you fight AJ its 70/30 split and the rematch terms are the same , They have stated numerous times how unfair it is ,

Now I agree Ruiz will make more money do to other promotion as he is champ and higher viewing but the actually purse split will remain the same, 70/30 ,

Its the very reason AJ can't get the big names in the ring as they won't be shafted for money but outside of Pay per view fighter's no one can turn it down because its more money than they have made before,

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i was wondering about this...the terms of the rematch.
    also wondering if ruiz had decided not to go with rematch IF one of the belts would be stripped from him, then what would his penalty be

Rahman tried to pull the same stunt with Lewis but he was taking to court and ordered into the rematch ,

The organisation treated to strip him if he didn't honour his contract ,

Ruiz will still make more money v AJ than anyone else plus if he wins then he is free to do as he pleases ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Rahman tried to pull the same stunt with Lewis but he was taking to court and ordered into the rematch ,

The organisation treated to strip him if he didn't honour his contract ,

Ruiz will still make more money v AJ than anyone else plus if he wins then he is free to do as he pleases ,

but if he still said he wasnt fighting him what would court do in that scenario ?

• Advertisement

dougm1970 wrote: »
    but if he still said he wasnt fighting him what would court do in that scenario ?

Well if he breaks the terms of the contract he would surly lose a lot if not all of the money he made from the contract .

Plus the sanctioning bodies could strip him of the titles,

Also it would take a long time to go through the courts and he'd be side-lined when his stock is at it's highest,

It wouldn't be worth it financially ,

Anyway he handled Aj pretty well I'm sure he is super confident of beating him again ,

Only way he could really get out of the fight and keep the cash would be to retire ,

Well if he breaks the terms of the contract he would surly lose a lot if not all of the money he made from the contract .

Plus the sanctioning bodies could strip him of the titles,

Also it would take a long time to go through the courts and he'd be side-lined when his stock is at it's highest,

It wouldn't be worth it financially ,

Anyway he handled Aj pretty well I'm sure he is super confident of beating him again ,

Only way he could really get out of the fight and keep the cash would be to retire ,

A contract doesn't come before the WBO IBF WBC their mandatory challengers come first.

One thing that I didn't like form the fight was post fight, AJ with his hand on Ruiz shoulder smiling and saying it Ruiz day , it was almost like oh i'm still the star here and you get your one big night,

If I was Ruiz i'd have ben like ok you shook my hand now Fu*k off mate ,

Don't know if its just me but it seemed belittling of Ruiz,

A contract doesn't come before the WBO IBF WBC their mandatory challengers come first.

Only one due before December is the IBF
    Pulev is in number one and in some legal trouble, the IBF might give the AJ v Ruiz go ahead ,if not they can strip Ruiz and make Pulev v whoever they want,

Actually same thing happened when Fury beat Wlad that fight was November mandatory was called for December so they stripped Fury and Martins fought Glazkov ( not sure if that is spelled right) ,

Then AJ jumped on the winner Martin ,

Only one due before December is the IBF
    Pulev is in number one and in some legal trouble, the IBF might give the AJ v Ruiz go ahead ,if not they can strip Ruiz and make Pulev v whoever they want,

Actually same thing happened when Fury beat Wlad that fight was November mandatory was called for December so they stripped Fury and Martins fought Glazkov ( not sure if that is spelled right) ,

Then AJ jumped on the winner Martin ,
    Pulev will be clear to fight come august.

Pulev will be clear to fight come august.

Its up to the IBF then to decide,
    Depends what IBF think is best for them

Its up to the IBF then to decide,
    Depends what IBF think is best for them

The IBF won't skip a fit and able mandatory they would be crucified.

The IBF won't skip a fit and able mandatory they would be crucified.

I'm not so sure look at the WBC and Whyte it happens ,

I'm not so sure look at the WBC and Whyte it happens ,
    Just seen this

• Advertisement

One thing that I didn't like form the fight was post fight, AJ with his hand on Ruiz shoulder smiling and saying it Ruiz day , it was almost like oh i'm still the star here and you get your one big night,

If I was Ruiz i'd have ben like ok you shook my hand now Fu*k off mate ,

Don't know if its just me but it seemed belittling of Ruiz,

I don’t particularly like AJ myself. I think his personality is fake.

I can see where you are coming from but I’d say he meant well. Probably trying to portray how humble he is in defeat for the cameras.

The part that annoyed me was when he butt into the Ruiz interview after the fight asking the fans to applaud him. That was a bit weird.

Advertisement