Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I understand what your saying its a catch 22, The public seems to already tiring a bit of Aj and Hearn and if he goes back to England there will be more rumblings but at the same time I'm sure fans will turn out to watch the rematch it more about the night out ,

Boxing can be fickle odd if the celebs all turn up which they will for AJ then the public tend to want to follow ,more about the event than the fighter at times ,

I know what you mean but all of those things are secondary. He needs to get those belts back or he will have to lose another 0 but this time of the figure he demands. The belts are everything.
    Did you post that breakdown of the fight? It's very well put together. Ruiz outboxed, outfought and outthought Joshua. He was foolish to get involved with a chunky powerhouse like that up close. He should have taken the centre of the ring and jabbed the head off Ruiz, breaking his heart and taking his time. But he never looked fit in there. He looked gassy from the off after about one minute in the first round where he bounced. He's left himself with a lot to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I know what you mean but all of those things are secondary. He needs to get those belts back or he will have to lose another 0 but this time of the figure he demands. The belts are everything.
    Did you post that breakdown of the fight? It's very well put together. Ruiz outboxed, outfought and outthought Joshua. He was foolish to get involved with a chunky powerhouse like that up close. He should have taken the centre of the ring and jabbed the head off Ruiz, breaking his heart and taking his time. But he never looked fit in there. He looked gassy from the off after about one minute in the first round where he bounced. He's left himself with a lot to do.

Whats odd is that Sky interviewed him in the dressing room shortly after he arrived at MSG, and asked him what his plan was. He answered by saying how important it was he took the centre of the ring, then made no real effort to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

No split is every agreed in a contract. I've said this days ago.

I think you are wrong. I’ve shown you an article to back it up too.
    You haven’t shown me anything to prove your point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

mada82 wrote: »
    I think you are wrong. I’ve shown you an article to back it up too.
    You haven’t shown me anything to prove your point.

Your article doesn't back it up. I'm involved with a promotion, I've sat over contracts. Anybody involved will tell you your talking guff.

Negotiations take place when a pre agreement takes place. Negotiations work the split.

Pre agreements will have sub headers, status which will be released on points from the organisation after they behave agreed to slip the mandatory. As the IBF did for AJ in 2017.

Next is venue, which will have various venues listed.

Split is only released after the entire purse is accounted for after in this situation Dazn release TV fees, sponsorship is done.

But nice try pal.

Another point about the split. How could the rematch take place unless terms are already agreed? You’d just end up with a stand off and no rematch.

Regarding Joshua losing again. I get it will impact him financially but he will still play a prominent role in the division. I don’t believe in writing fighters off after losing. I will still want to see him against Wilder and Fury. He has beaten some good names thus far.

Who cares if a fighter loses a fight or two. Undefeated records are for fighters who didn’t take the toughest challenges when they were there.

• Advertisement

Your article doesn't back it up. I'm involved with a promotion, I've sat over contracts. Anybody involved will tell you your talking guff.

Negotiations take place when a pre agreement takes place. Negotiations work the split.

Pre agreements will have sub headers, status which will be released on points from the organisation after they behave agreed to slip the mandatory. As the IBF did for AJ in 2017.

Split is only released after the entire purse is accounted for after in this situation Dazn release TV fees, sponsorship is done.

But nice try pal.

Ok, explain it to me. How can AJ and Ruiz get in the ring again without the percentage purse split having already been agreed?

If it hasn’t already been agreed then what is to stop Ruiz saying I want 80% to fight you again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

If AJ loses the rematch then he's as good as done but if he takes the fight back to the UK and wins there will still be question marks over him especially with what Whyte has been saying.

I said it earlier in the thread if AJ loses the rematch he's finished. Or more precisely its the start of the end for him. Two back to back defeats is huge. With a 2nd loss he goes down a tier in the boxing hierarchy where there are plenty of up and coming heavyweights more than happy to finish his career. It would be catastrophic for a guy who was on top of the world holding all the belts until a few days ago. Psychologically he would be crushed. And I don't think he would regain his confidence.

Another example of the percentage split of the rematch being agreed in the initial contract.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/01/17/eddie-hearn-offer-deontay-wilder-60-40-purse-split-anthony-joshua-fight-8354284/amp/

Another example of the percentage split of the rematch being agreed in the initial contract.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/01/17/eddie-hearn-offer-deontay-wilder-60-40-purse-split-anthony-joshua-fight-8354284/amp/

Can you not read. Hearn TO OFFER.

Where is it agreed?

Can you not read. Hearn TO OFFER.

Where is it agreed?

Yes offering the contract as a whole.
    Anyway, we aren’t going to agree.

• Advertisement

Also from Hearns words "50-50 purse rematch purse split depending on the result of the first fight"

Is this enough proof the decision isn't pre fight

Yes offering the contract as a whole.
    Anyway, we aren’t going to agree.

Also tell me?

Who's the sponsors?
    Who's the Financiers?
    What's the purse?
    What's the PPV

None of this is decided how can a purse and split be organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

But nice try pal.

Sorry I may be taking you wrong here but in what world do you think the purse split is not singed sealed on a contract before the fight ?

I could be taking you up wrong but it sounds like you've read up on purse and wrote this but didn't understand what you read .

"The split is released after the entire purse is accounted for " That there just means the money is released to the fighters bank accounts when everything is counted up , but the % of the split is 100% agreed and signed for when they sign the fight contract ,

Sorry I may be taking you wrong here but in what world do you think the purse split is not singed sealed on a contract before the fight ?

I could be taking you up wrong but it sounds like you've read up on purse and wrote this but didn't understand what you read .

"The split is released after the entire purse is accounted for " That there just means the money is released to the fighters bank accounts when everything is counted up , but the % of the split is 100% agreed and signed for when they sign the fight contract ,

100% not right as they don't even have the entire purse calculated. You're wrong 110% but do me a favour, 0044 78 762 38 286 ring that ask for Sam and ask him what you've just said. Ask for clarification.

Also tell me?

Who's the sponsors?
    Who's the Financiers?
    What's the purse?
    What's the PPV

None of this is decided how can a purse and split be organised.

I'm not sure you get what your talking about , the split can be decided before all this
    Do you watch any boxing news ?

For instance Fury says he will only fight Aj for 50 / 50 AJ and Hearn constantly says no Aj is the plus side so they where willing to offer 60 /40 ,
    That before any of what you have mentioned above has been discussed , the whole idea is after that is all decided AJ gets 60% of it Fury gets 40 %

Supposedly Wilder rejected 100 million flat fee to fight Aj because he wanted 50/50 as he'd make more,

This is nothing new for split to be the very first topic when two pay per view fighters want to fight ,

100% not right as they don't even have the entire purse calculated. You're wrong 110% but do me a favour, 0044 78 762 38 286 ring that ask for Sam and ask him what you've just said. Ask for clarification.

Of course they don't have the entire purse calculated ? That the reason behind asking for % ,

Of course they don't have the entire purse calculated ? That the reason behind asking for % ,

Ok big lad. Number above give it a call any time tomorrow till 4pm.

Ok big lad. Number above give it a call any time tomorrow till 4pm.

I'm not a big lad i'm quite small ,

You seem upset,

Do you understand they ask for % a for the very reason they do not know what the purse is ?

Big fighter's will not take a flat fee
    Every fight aims to be one day a pay per view fighter because you work of %

I dont need to ring anyone,

Just listen to nay recent interviews involving Whyte, Wilder , Fury ,the whole issue with fighting Aj is the low % in split match room offer.

Also man no need at all to post someone phone number on the internet,

This is a boxing thread lads agree to disagree and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Na feck it this is definitely more entertaining than Fury vs Schwarz will be.

I reckon yourdeadwright has the beating of big Sam inside 6.

Na feck it this is definitely more entertaining than Fury vs Schwarz will be.

I reckon yourdeadwright has the beating of big Sam inside 6.

All depends on the purse split im offered ,
    Only joking
    I can agree to disagree ,

Fury v Schwarz will surley feel like a let d9wn after last weeks drama

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Fury v Schwarz will surley feel like a let d9wn after last weeks drama

I'm predicting another upset.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

What do we think of the Ring rankings?

So many good records there yet the division is terrible.

https://twitter.com/BTSportBoxing/status/1136553682579939330?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It means a Wilder vs Fury rematch will be for the Ring belt.

It wouldn’t be considered terrible if all of them started fighting each other. Problem is the all seem to pick opponents outside of the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

Just re-watched the fight again (full fight is on youtube sky channel now), I'd be worried for Joshua's health if he takes many more shots to the head. In the corner at the end of the 6th he was completely out of it and that was 3 rounds after he went down and not having taken any real head shots since then.

The ref was spot on to stop it when he did.

Perry12 wrote: »
    Just re-watched the fight again (full fight is on youtube sky channel now), I'd be worried for Joshua's health if he takes many more shots to the head. In the corner at the end of the 6th he was completely out of it and that was 3 rounds after he went down and not having taken any real head shots since then.

The ref was spot on to stop it when he did.

You could be right but also being tired makes it seem a lot worse,

To me I think AJ had a flu or something the rubbing of his head and neck and the fact he had the gum shield hanging out and looked like he had zero energy ,

Of course I could be completely wrong ,

Seen a interview with Kevin Barry (Parkers coach ) and he said he always watches closely at the ring walks and fighter in the ring and he said straight away to Parker there was something up with AJ,

Actually it's a very good interview as he had Ruiz spar Parker before and almost became Ruiz coach at one stage , Then was Parkers coach when he fought Ruiz, so he knows him quite well ,

I would think that Pulev should be higher. They don't mean a great deal do they but yea interesting. Not sure that Whyte deserves to be above Pulev or Ortiz nor Povetkin above Parker but you could nit-pick all your life about that.

• Advertisement

You could be right but also being tired makes it seem a lot worse,

To me I think AJ had a flu or something the rubbing of his head and neck and the fact he had the gum shield hanging out and looked like he had zero energy ,

Of course I could be completely wrong ,

Seen a interview with Kevin Barry (Parkers coach ) and he said he always watches closely at the ring walks and fighter in the ring and he said straight away to Parker there was something up with AJ,

Actually it's a very good interview as he had Ruiz spar Parker before and almost became Ruiz coach at one stage , Then was Parkers coach when he fought Ruiz, so he knows him quite well ,

For a start he did take more shots. I'm not surprised that he didn't clear. He took two mean hooks and then the overhand right before going down the first time. Then he took a combination at the end of the round too. After that each round he had 20 seconds of bounce and then Ruiz bullied him about.

I'd say he was below par of course but many boxers went into big fights not right. He gambled and let the fight go ahead and got caught. But Ruiz was excellent. No fear and outthought Joshua. I watched it again last night and I don't think I'd given Ruiz nearly enough credit. I'm still sticking with the call that Joshua comfortably wins the rematch.

That's very interesting about Barry. I like listening to him.

Something I don't think we've acknowledged up until now is just how badly the odds were stacked against Ruiz. He had 5 weeks to get ready for this. If he has 5 months this time around then he'll be in a position to really go for it. He has lots of motivation to prove this was no fluke.

Advertisement