Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF Stage 21: Montgeron > Paris, 103 KM

Options
  • 23-07-2017 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

alg-arcdetriomphe-jpg.jpg

Last day of the Sky procession around France. Think possibly one of the most boring tours in recent years not helped by sky controlling the peleton and other GC teams doing feck all to attack.

tdf17_et21_carte_670.jpg

There's one last stage remaining. It's probably the most prestigious with the Arc de Triomphe as a backdrop and the Champs-Elysées to welcome the 167 finishers of the Tour de France, eight less than last year. This year's Parisian finale with Chris Froome in the yellow jersey for the fourth time after 2013, 2015 and 2016 includes the promotion of the French bid for the 2014 Olympic Games. Therefore, the peloton will ride through the Grand Palais, the venue set to host fencing and taekwondo. The grand finale is a parade but also the sprinters' queen stage. But the winner might as well be someone who is used to go on stage this July. Michael Matthews is eager to crown the beautiful Tour of his Sunweb team and stage 19 winner Edvald Boasson Hagen can sprint to victory as much as he rode solo to find success in Salon-de-Provence.

tdf17_profil21_670.jpg

1 FROOME CHRISTOPHER 1 TEAM SKY 83H 55' 16''
    2 URAN RIGOBERTO 188 CANNONDALE DRAPAC PROFESSIONAL CYCLING TEAM 83H 56' 10'' + 00' 54''
    3 BARDET ROMAIN 11 AG2R LA MONDIALE 83H 57' 36'' + 02' 20''
    4 LANDA MIKEL 6 TEAM SKY 83H 57' 37'' + 02' 21''
    5 ARU FABIO 51 ASTANA PRO TEAM 83H 58' 21'' + 03' 05''
    6 MARTIN DANIEL 105 QUICK - STEP FLOORS 83H 59' 58'' + 04' 42''
    7 YATES SIMON 89 ORICA - SCOTT 84H 01' 30'' + 06' 14''
    8 MEINTJES LOUIS 61 UAE TEAM EMIRATES 84H 03' 36'' + 08' 20''
    9 CONTADOR ALBERTO 31 TREK - SEGAFREDO 84H 04' 05'' + 08' 49''
    10 BARGUIL WARREN 143 TEAM SUNWEB 84H 04' 41'' + 09' 25''

TV TIMES Eurosport & ITV 4 - 1530-1900

Next GC: Vuelta Espana August 19

Should Landa attack to get on the podium? 20 votes

Yes its a race
    0% 0 votes
    No its not sporting
    30% 6 votes
    At this stage I dont care anymore
    20% 4 votes
    Yes & try attack Froome aswell for a bit of excitment
    50% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Would love to see Griepel get the stage win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

If I was a pro for a day I'd attack the leader on the last day in Paris.
    Absolutely the worst thing about cycling is this champagne procession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Well there's the first "tradition" and "gentleman's rule" tossed out the window. Once the champagne glasses and product placements are put in the bin, About 10 lads attack 2km before the Champs Elysee - ie feck off Sky and Froomey and your privileged entrance to the finishing laps.
    Well that's a good start anyway..... now Landa to throw the counter-punch and all hell could break loose

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If I were Sky I'd set up the train and try and deliver Landa into the sprint, sure Highroad lit it up a few years back and Cav and Renshaw ended up one and two as the rest were blown away, always a chance Sky could do the same......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

There's drafting the team car and there's nearly going through the back of the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Well there's the first "tradition" and "gentleman's rule" tossed out the window. Once the champagne glasses and product placements are put in the bin, About 10 lads attack 2km before the Champs Elysee - ie feck off Sky and Froomey and your privileged entrance to the finishing laps.
    Well that's a good start anyway..... now Landa to throw the counter-punch and all hell could break loose

Nice to see Team Sky leading the peloton through the finish on the bell lap. Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

If I was a pro for a day I'd attack the leader on the last day in Paris.
    Absolutely the worst thing about cycling is this champagne procession

Simeoni attacked repeatedly on the lead in to Paris on the 05' tour just to piss off Lance Armstrong.

Advertisement