Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

eldamo wrote: »
    By what metric does he measure his success?

By the amount of time he spends on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

whippet wrote: »
    By the amount of time he spends on facebook

He's number 1.

I was going to guess reproduction.

He is outdoing the lot of us.

That post is clearly a reaction to this thread .. “hi Jeff” ... I just hope for his children’s sake he doesn’t preach to them to strive for his successes.

We don’t need the youth of today striving for a life on benifets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

That post is clearly a reaction to this thread .. “hi Jeff” ... I just hope for his children’s sake he doesn’t preach to them to strive for his successes.

We don’t need the youth of today striving for a life on benifets

A life on benefits is not good enough for the likes of Jeffrey.

He feels he's entitled to claim benefits for life free from pesky interruptions that may encourage him to get an actual job.

He's got much more important business than 'punching a clock" to be getting on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

I’d actually have more respect for the stereotypical dole waster. Sitting at home on the Xbox smoking weed. I know a few of them and they at least don’t have any pretence about what they are doing.

Jeff actually portrays himself as a well respected politician working hard for tens of thousands in his area. He puts himself above not just the uneomployed but most workers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

and more importantly, listens to those that are wealthy, influential and effective.

Seems Jeff has become a lackey of the establishment! :P

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Wise Jeff is warning followers to be weary of news article and adverts that might be April Fools jokes ... things like rare footage of Marty Morrisey on the roof of the GPO taking pot shots at British forces or the likes

His chances in the local elections have taken a big knock. How can he compete with this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOHP6cVkr0

His chances in the local elections have taken a big knock. How can he compete with this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOHP6cVkr0

Oh god. Sending that to Jeff would almost be worth poking my head above the parapet on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Oh god. Sending that to Jeff would almost be worth poking my head above the parapet on Facebook.

Once it’s in this thread he’s definitely seen it

• Advertisement

Jeff doesn't need or want such gimmicks

Jeff doesn't need or want such gimmicks

Yep. Why get out and about with the community when you can just use your Photoshop skills to make up posters about it.

He’s getting my vote !!!

Jeff couldn’t compete with someone like that .. you know someone who actually looks like he has been out and about in the community giving his time to support local groups and stuff !!

Jeff ...you need to step up to the plate

Is ego literally the only reason that he has a political party instead of running as an independent?

His blurbs drive me nuts.
    "Founded in the ancient Boyne Valley, a fresh modern party gone national."

national?

Am I missing something, it's him in louth and doodipus in balbriggan?

Gosh darnit jeff, your are an egomaniac!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Whatever happens to Enda ‘Tubs’ Reynolds after the last UnitedPeople split? They were going to launch a new party.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yer man in the vidjo reminds me of this guy:

220px-Mad30.jpg

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Two comments on his facebook page

Pro Life Facebook Friend:
    Jeff who would be running in either Arklow or gorey
    You, if you want, I suppose....

Xenophobic pro tough justice Facebook Friend:
    And who will be running for Skerries Rusk lusk
    Ooh, we might move yer man from balbriggan if we are guaranteed a whole vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Two comments on his facebook page

Pro Life Facebook Friend:

You, if you want, I suppose....

Xenophobic pro tough justice Facebook Friend:

Ooh, we might move yer man from balbriggan if we are guaranteed a whole vote!

There's a glorious one underneath some hot air about the property tax from a loon who thinks he's paying for street lighting through his electricity bill.

Has a functioning adult ever expressed his support for Jeff??

he was supposed to be out on the streets of Drogheda (weather permitting) over the weekend - I didn't see him myself and I didn't see any updates. It was a fine weekend - bit chilly when in the shade but would have been perfect for a bit of canvasing ?

he was supposed to be out on the streets of Drogheda (weather permitting) over the weekend - I didn't see him myself and I didn't see any updates. It was a fine weekend - bit chilly when in the shade but would have been perfect for a bit of canvasing ?

He claims to have been out.
    I found it very difficult to read his post.

All of his interactions on the street, both positive and negative appear to be on the topic of jobbridge.

I'm not sure of the demographics of Drogheda, but what are the chances of being elected purely by the long term unemployed?

god, local elections really are a low bar, our local representative is a Primary School headmaster, he has decided not to run again this time around, so the party are putting forward a new girl.
    She arrived at my doorstep yesterday with what can only be described as a handler.
    He barely let her talk at all, I wasn't argumentative, I voted for her predecessor and would have probably voted for her... but jeese, is she just there to make up the numbers?

Anyway, lets not get hung up on her, but basically I am just using her to illustrate, that if he had any useful not blatantly self serving impossible to achieve policies he would probably get elected quite handily.

Sadly, he is just an insane walter mitty.

• Advertisement

here is his post
    Out again on the streets of Drogheda yesterday. At the same place you will regular find me after May 24th, if I am lucky to be elected that coming day.
    A lot of people came up and told us their JobPath experiences. A lot.
    NO LYING. NO BULL****. Not one had anything positive to say about the abusive €200,000,000 Euro setup. Local Drogheda tales of lies being told to them, tried to be pressured into lying - saying that JobPath found them a job when it didn't (so they get bonu...s payments) and more was retold yet again to me. It's stuff I have been hearing now for nearly four years at this stage.
    I had one Fine Gael fan complaining to me when I cited cases that "they're all individual cases (stating the bloody obvious)" - after she asked me to explain a few cases. When I said to her there was far too many of similar cases right throughout the country, she didn't want to know. She walked off, nose stuck in the air, not wishing to hear the full truth. The person could have been FG Regina Doherty herself! They don't want to know or accept the full truth.
    Many others came up and explained their own other local dire situations. A number of which I shall be investigating in the coming days and weeks regardless if elected or not. Some were genuinely bad including one local bed and breakfast in Drogheda housing 6 homeless to a room. Everyone crammed in, babies and all. A place located right in the center of town. I shall be visiting there soon.
    The local opinion again was that something more has to change. The FG trickle down is not happening as they are bullschit spinning it's happening.
    Not one didn't like our aims of more accountability. They bloody loved it. They also loved that UnitedPeople is supporting Tidy Town Ireland by going pole posterless for the May 24th local elections. Check out Posterfree.ie. for more on that.
    Sadly, the other runners are still cowardly ducking the local pollution and eyesore issue. This indicates they will give two fingers to what the public wants, not Drogheda plastic poster plastered, and will in ego trip carry on regardless!
    Sorry, I not like that. The local public again repeatedly said to my face yesterday, that they don't want the damn things across their town. I am not going to piss them off by ignoring their demands. It looks like the usual bunch are though!
    See you all again next week, on the streets of Drogheda. If you spot me at any stage, don't be shy. Tell me what's on your mind and where you think things should be done better.

i gave up around regina doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,555 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

here is his post

Love this bit
    They also loved that UnitedPeople is supporting Tidy Town Ireland by going pole posterless for the May 24th local elections. Check out Posterfree.ie. for more on that.
    Sadly, the other runners are still cowardly ducking the local pollution and eyesore issue. 

Erm, jeff....your posterless because you're broke!

here is his post

I’m sorry Jeff .. that just sounds made up .. you may well have been on street and talking to people but i can assure you that what’s on the minds of the people of Drogheda isn’t all about jobpath ... if I stood on the corner of west street and spoke to people I am sure they would be talking about the emerging gang violence, the dereliction of little west street, the up coming fleadh ceol and how the town can get city status

But when you are in an echo chamber and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

"plastic poster plastered" is almost poetic. Accidentally of course.
    But if he put in 'pollution' and 'public' in the same sentence it would be close to rivalling the V for Vendetta monologue at the start of the film.
    His Drogheda monotone might spoil it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sorry, I not like that.

Don't sorry Jeff! Be proud not like that! Your supporters like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Catherine Murphy was on TWIP yesterday and said that the smaller parties use posters because if they didn't the larger parties, who would have much bigger advertising budgets, would crowd out the independents and small parties visually. That sounded like common sense to me, I mean the posters cost between €5 & €7 each, according to her.....surely the crowdfunding Alastair is paying into would cover a few, no? Can your good friend and Hollywood actor Nathan Fillion not throw you a campaign bash? Jumping on the poster free/tidy towns bandwagon to cover the fact your broke a$$ party can't afford them is as obvious as it is insulting.

Btw, Jeff.....making Drogheda sound like a town fulll of work-shy dossers is not a good look for a fella hoping for high office.

He posted a fairly innocuous piece about some cafe going cashless which is the norm where I’m based. 40 comments of extreme vitriol and paranoia followed from his supporters. Not even one voice of reason amongst them.

He posted a fairly innocuous piece about some cafe going cashless which is the norm where I’m based. 40 comments of extreme vitriol and paranoia followed from his supporters. Not even one voice of reason amongst them.

And yet they seem to love the Scandinavian model of an utopian society.. where cash has all but disappeared and you can check online in a minute what your neighbour paid in taxes ... mindless idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

And yet they seem to love the Scandinavian model of an utopian society.. where cash has all but disappeared and you can check online in a minute what your neighbour paid in taxes ... mindless idiots

It wouldn't long to tot up Rudd's net financial contribution to society.

The square root of fvck all comes to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

something i just noticed today on political party register under EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT – NAME OF POLITICAL GROUP he has "United People" as if its european parliamentary political group https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/members/partyRegister/2019/2019-04-10_register-of-political-parties-10-april-2019_en.pdf

i thought it would have to actually exist before you could list it there, I'll have to look at the law https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/act/2019/7/eng/enacted/a0719.pdf section 8 tells me it probably shouldn't be there, though I might be not reading every amendment made to that act.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement