Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I fear a sizable number of his votes will end up spoiled because the type of dopes that will vote for him won't be able to help themselves writing something like 'Fook Leo' on the ballot paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

• Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Anyone gets the number spot on and Jeff will claim the person is part of a conspiracy to keep him out of politics :D

328. We are talking about facebook likes right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

He is in a weird position.

Ddi were on a real roll last time and could have gotten a seat, they are nowhere near as strong this time around. He might hoover some of their malcontents.

On the other hand though, he probably got some votes just for being an independent last time, they'll be gone.

I can see last time that some of his votes transferred to fg candidates, not many maybe 7 of the 120 he received after transfers. Anyone who put Rudd 1 FG 2 did not understand where he was coming from.

I have a feeling that he will be 100% transfer toxic from the main parties. Might get some transfers from pbp or ddi, but chances are he will be eliminated before it becomes an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

125 if he's lucky.

Any word out of him about the Garda operation in Drogheda today?
    34 searches, 18 arrests, 7 cars seized.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It'll be interesting to see how he fairs off against Chris Faulkner from DDI in the Urban poll. Anthony Connors and Ronan Mooney ran here last time out for DDI. Connors is running in EM/SD ward this time.

Faulkner always struck me as an odd fish. He was late to the race, young fella too. He's strongly anti abortion. Wants to repeal the repealing of the 8th even though he's an exponent of the direct democracy system of government.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

humberklog wrote: »
    Faulkner always struck me as an odd fish. He was late to the race, young fella too. He's strongly anti abortion. Wants to repeal the repealing of the 8th even though he's an exponent of the direct democracy system of government.

Well there's no actual flaw in his thinking as strictly speaking the Repeal referendum didn't actually pass under the DDI system, it got rejected. As did SSM. And Lisbon II, the Fiscal Compact Treaty, Childrens Rights referendum etc.
    You need 67% to get a change under their 'democratic' system, basically a charter to keep their beloved ultra-Catholic Ireland going for another generation or two.
    Point 9 of their FAQ.
    https://www.directdemocracyireland.ie/faq-frequently-asked-questions/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Well there's no actual flaw in his thinking as strictly speaking the Repeal referendum didn't actually pass under the DDI system, it got rejected. As did SSM. And Lisbon II, the Fiscal Compact Treaty, Childrens Rights referendum etc.
    You need 67% to get a change under their 'democratic' system, basically a charter to keep their beloved ultra-Catholic Ireland going for another generation or two.
    Point 9 of their FAQ.
    https://www.directdemocracyireland.ie/faq-frequently-asked-questions/

Is Ben of the House Gilroy with them still or is he gone independent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I'm going with 203. One for every euro of job seekers benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A nice round 250 is my guess

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is Ben of the House Gilroy with them still or is he gone independent?
    He left because of personal reasons back in 2014 shortly after telling us that Direct Democracy Ireland "cannot be totally democratic".
    Ben has been busy in recent years offering his own legal law assistance and Freeman nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭furiousox

He's already in a bad mood, early starts don't suit Jeff.

The Examiner today front page story this morning proves I was right to call for Garda Youth Divisional Officers for Drogheda.

While others locally were just soundbite calling for more street Garda to fight law breaking gangs, I went and gained help on what would actually be more effective. Soundbites be damned.

It's only by hard work and research that issues will get solved, not just PR spinning, soundbite wasters.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

The the arrests yesterday .. seizure of property and drugs was in vain ... Jeff would have left them all there to have a few youth officers tell the young fellas to behave !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'll bet 177 votes.

Do we have a spot prize for the closest guess? Perhaps a voucher for some boudoir photography?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll go 112. Think it'll be fairly balanced out compared to last time when you consider fewer people may vote than would in a general election, but he might be more inclined to pick up protest votes because of it too.

whippet wrote: »
    The the arrests yesterday .. seizure of property and drugs was in vain ... Jeff would have left them all there to have a few youth officers tell the young fellas to behave !

481034.JPG
    You would think that after this long being robin to jeffs batman Alistair would have learned not to ask awkward questions like this.....
    How is the petition doing?
    481035.JPG
    Not well Alistair, not well.
    https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop-drogheda-gangs?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=&quote_id=quote2&title_id=title3&recruiter=8627966&loc=dashboard

Need help my eyes can't stop rolling having seen that post :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We were actually going to give him a pity vote earlier on but couldn't for the life of me see a like or thumbs up button on the ballot paper :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

When I went down the list of Drogheda rural candidates this morning in the secrecy of the polling station .. I had a moment of reflection .. I saw the name and face of the dear leader but my eyes were moved away to some of the faces and names of the candidates who I know have done some great work in my community.

Those who took the time to call to my door and listen to what my opinions were and who I felt would understand what out community needs and values.

Jeff never quite made it out my direction to seek greater accountability .. it might have been due to the lack of public transport or the fact that the vast majority of people in my neck of the woods work, have mortgages, support their families and see the value in contributing to society financially and as a volunteer ... Jeff might think of us as the elites .. but we pay our taxes and manage to support ourselves .. his message wouldn’t get a whole lot of support

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

A hopeful 204.

As long as we hit three figures then those shysters in Dublin will have no choice but to sit up and take notice. We can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

We should have worked to get him elected. Imagine the lols.

We should have worked to get him elected. Imagine the lols.

NAHHHHH it's gonna be more fun getting the blame for him not getting elected :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

"The Examiner today front page story this morning...."

Trolling the bejesus out of us.

Has to be!

padd b1975 wrote: »
    "The Examiner today front page story this morning...."

Trolling the bejesus out of us.

Has to be!

also,

is
    Soundbites Be damned!

not in itself a soundbite?

And the games begin. Kicks off with changing his phone number, quick turn around to get a number changed in under an hour.

Gemma has turned on Ben Gilroy now

"Very disappointing to hear of Ben Gilroy's links with agents of George Soros. Then again nothing surprises me about Ireland these days. No wonder the blue tick establishment are all over him at the moment. Anyone they are for, Patriots must be against. Today, Make sure to vote for somebody who can never be bought or controlled"

• Advertisement

Gemma has turned on Ben Gilroy now

"Very disappointing to hear of Ben Gilroy's links with agents of George Soros. Then again nothing surprises me about Ireland these days. No wonder the blue tick establishment are all over him at the moment. Anyone they are for, Patriots must be against. Today, Make sure to vote for somebody who can never be bought or controlled"

Class. The comments on it are great.

She is some head the ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement