Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

john4321 wrote: »
    This is fairly ironic for a guy who spends 18 hours a day sharing information with Facebook.

499784.JPG

Wasnt there something about a list of UP members details, a Facebook chat, and false pretences around the time of a split? My memory is a big foggy of those action packed few weeks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

135 fscebook posts yesrerday.

That's one weird addiction he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

humberklog wrote: »
    135 fscebook posts yesrerday.

That's one weird addiction he has.

Will we arrange an intervention?

I hope his wife and kids are OK. It can't be easy :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

His ‘Sunday Statement’ is a joy to behold this morning.

Jeff obviously has some communist leanings. He really hates the thoughts of anyone earning more than he does .. while I’d estimate his take home and equiv on the social welfare is in the region of someone who earns about €55-60k ... he reckons politics should be a vocation.

TDs earn about 90-100k a year ... similar to a senior marketing manager in the private sector ... and with probably the same expenses regime ... but this sounds scandalous to commerade Jeff .. how can someone earn more than him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Had a look at this United People website.

The logo is fairly cool (a little bit too close to the GAA logo but still not too shabby).

A couple of points they make are fairly valid too eg.

The operation of Jobpath & Seetec are most likely legally flawed,

The Government's national ID card is equally on questionable ground legally

and the benefits of Flouridation of water supplies might be open to debate ....

Other stuff like Homelessness and Climate change is stock in trade for any political grouping.

They would appear to be rummaging around for an issue that will get them noticed and be seen as their stand-out USP.

But for this to stick, you need to find a popular issue and come up with a coherent solution to said issue.... and then get your message out there to the public.

The problem though with the UP website is the repetition of the issues they are interested in... no solutions whatsoever... and the misspellings and poor grammar just add to the childish feel of the whole thing and completely undermine the whole endeavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

But there is no "United People"
    Afaik its jeff (founder, leader, chairperson, national strategist etc) and possibly one other member?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

That's for sure.

An egomaniac with nothing to back it up is bound to be impossible to live with.

I'd say the shed works well for all concerned.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

whippet wrote: »
    He really hates the thoughts of anyone earning more than he does ..
    He does not *earn* any money. He is given it by the system that he spends his time criticising. That money is earned by the hard-working taxpayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

"My ideas fill already elected (and wanna be's) with horror in case they are greed exposed. So it's one more reason they use every trick in their operating methods to stop the likes of me - and they do, off-line and especially online though fake names and lies shared on forums, falsely presented as fact. Gullible swallow it all because they too lazy to check reality.
    Despite the just previous mentioned, my home attacked and stoned, me attacked, windows and alarm night smashed, home tried to be invaded, bottles spiked with nails fired into my garden for young kids to find or trip over, etc, I'm not going quietly into the night."

What tripe from a wanna be wanna be. :rolleyes:
    He actually thinks this forum might be an orchestrated campaign to scupper his "political career"
    I've said it before but just for clarity Jeff, for me you are a source of amusement and not much else.

All those "attacks" on your home were personal issues and nothing to do with your "political career" so stop pretending otherwise you muppet.
    You are a non-entity, "corrupt elected" don't even know you exist.
    Get a job.
    Spend less time on facebook and more time with your family.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

It's very difficult when a partner has a mental illness.

(Not a joke or throwaway comment, btw).

"My local radio station, Louth LMFM repeatedly blanks me COMPLETELY beyond election periods. Short version - due in major part to one morning presenter I suspect who holds long grudge and is close friends with a Labour party member who will likely again be running for election - and is the regularly the most invited talker on his morning show by coincidence."

No Jeff, the reason they don't ask you on is because you an unelected nobody who contributes zero to the local community in any shape or form and runs for election purely to stroke his own ego. They don't owe you, nor are you entitled to a platform.

The Labour party member you don't have the stones to name, while I disagree with his politics works hard for the local community and in his other roles and has done for many years.

Anytime he has been interviewed or has his 5 minutes of coverage he has accused the platform of doing a hatchet job

Like when he got a profile done on the journal before one of the elections .. he supplied the material, background and information yet when it was absolutely mocked and taken apart in the comments section he cried foul ...

Only he and he alone can write the narrative... everything else is lies according to him

• Registered Users Posts: 34,898 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Social media addiction. Pretty pathetic for a man of his age and responsibliites.

He needs help. Is there a branch of Shíte Talkers Anonymous in Drogheda?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

"My local radio station, Louth LMFM repeatedly blanks me COMPLETELY beyond election periods. Short version - due in major part to one morning presenter I suspect who holds long grudge and is close friends with a Labour party member who will likely again be running for election - and is the regularly the most invited talker on his morning show by coincidence."

No Jeff, the reason they don't ask you on is because you an unelected nobody who contributes zero to the local community in any shape or form and runs for election purely to stroke his own ego. They don't owe you, nor are you entitled to a platform.

The Labour party member you don't have the stones to name, while I disagree with his politics works hard for the local community and in his other roles and has done for many years.

There's also the complaint he made against them (which was rejected)
    https://www.thejournal.ie/direct-democracy-ireland-1164869-Nov2013/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

whippet wrote: »

Probably blamed The Journal of printing the typo in his banner. Of course it should read Proguessive. Or something.

What a pathetic plank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Bottles spiked with nails? I'm struggling to visualise that one.

Bottles spiked with nails? I'm struggling to visualise that one.

Exhibit a attached, that was a lot of scrolling.

eldamo wrote: »
    Exhibit a attached, that was a lot of scrolling.

And his analysis of the suspect device.

• Advertisement

I worry for a fella when he can't tell the difference between a nail and a screw

At least Alistair can sing :-)

https://youtu.be/S1GHpc6Qp50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

At least Alistair can sing :-)

https://youtu.be/S1GHpc6Qp50

That is very cringeworthy. I couldn't watch it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He's back posting banners with tiny font.

As he might say himself....Stuff that!

That is very cringeworthy. I couldn't watch it all.

he is a strange fish alright.

Jeff is now jumping on the podcast bandwagon -

http://jeffrudd.podbean.com/

he has 8 episodes up since November ... just the same narrative as his other million online platforms.

The taxi driver shot yesterday in my home town, was an innocent victim. The guy the shooter was afrer, was in the passanger seat. His girlfriend was in the back of the car.

When a car pulled up in front, blocking the taxi from further moving, the shooter jumped our and ran to the front passenger side. The intended target seeing him coming jumped across the taxi driver and got out that driver door. The shooter in attempt to get his foe, kept shooting and hit the driver instead.

The bullied went in one side and out the other. Taxi driver survived to tell the tale.

Yesterday a good innocent man got shot simply apparently because someone with a gum missed their intended target.

Now don't forget, this fella runs a web design "business".
    He may want to think about taking on a proof-reader..... or learning how to use spellcheck. :pac:

The taxi driver shot yesterday in my home town, was an innocent victim. The guy the shooter was afrer, was in the passanger seat. His girlfriend was in the back of the car.

When a car pulled up in front, blocking the taxi from further moving, the shooter jumped our and ran to the front passenger side. The intended target seeing him coming jumped across the taxi driver and got out that driver door. The shooter in attempt to get his foe, kept shooting and hit the driver instead.

The bullied went in one side and out the other. Taxi driver survived to tell the tale.

Yesterday a good innocent man got shot simply apparently because someone with a gum missed their intended target.

Now don't forget, this fella runs a web design "business".
    He may want to think about taking on a proof-reader..... or learning how to use spellcheck. :pac:

If only he wasn't censored at the public rally that was organised last year by other local politicians who do actually work in the area. Jeff's 'big idea' was having more youth workers in the local youth club.

He went on banging about this for a while - i'm not sure how a youth club worker would stop deranged drug dealing gangs from shooting rivals .. as I don't really think these lads go to Youth clubs for a game of pool and chat in the evenings.

The only time he has been animated about this problem in his 'local town' has been during the local elections when he wasn't asked to speak at the rally (as he had nothing to do with it) or when he thought it would make great Facebook posting when he happened to be walking past the aftermath of one of the incidents,

He offers nothing to the community .. yet is insulted when he isn't revered by them

It also seems that the Jeff Rudd Facebook page is making a comeback - just in time for the elections. Although it only seems to be a couple of posts with links to podcasts and Al's mouthwash song

https://www.facebook.com/JeffRudd.Drogheda/

A friend in work is vaguely aware that I follow Jeff and all of his intrigues.

He came up to me all excited this morning.

"I heard him on the radio this morning"
    "Who?"
    "Yer man you follow from up drogheda way, talking about the shooting of the taxi driver, really came across well, said all the right things, praised the people on the ground, hammered the government"

I was gobsmacked.

Turns out, he was mistaken.

It was Ged Nash.....

Media ignored yet again! :D

• Advertisement

What really sets jeff apart from a local independent weirdo is the grassroots organisational skills involved in being the leader of a national party.
    500027.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement