Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flatmate search

Options
  • 23-07-2017 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi all
    Apologies if this has been asked before i tried searching but couldnt find anything useful. My flatmate moved out and returned to his country without proper notice so i ended up having a doubleroom to let. I put an ad online (daft) 2 days ago but its been quite so far. Are there other resources i could use to find a flatmate ? any pointers are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you havent had 100+ mails in the first 24hrs I'd have to guess your ad is very very poor or totally over priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭crashadder

If you havent had 100+ mails in the first 24hrs I'd have to guess your ad is very very poor or totally over priced.
    thats exactly what i thought would happen in the given housing situation. I dont think it is poor or overpriced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

crashadder wrote: »
    thats exactly what i thought would happen in the given housing situation. I dont think it is poor or overpriced though.

Link it for useful comments.

Link it for useful comments.
    It has my phone no and my full name so i dont want to post it here. its a double bedroom in a modern new complex in sandyford. its 900 euro pcm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

It has my phone no and my full name so i dont want to post it here. its a double bedroom in a modern new complex in sandyford. its 900 euro pcm

Did you include photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

From your posting style Id assume your english in the ad is fine. That leaves pictures. Crap/no pictures puts you a the bottom end of the click through rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Did you have a look at similar house shares in the area? I did a quick search and found a few for around 700 euro, maybe 900 is priced too high?

Did you have a look at similar house shares in the area? I did a quick search and found a few for around 700 euro, maybe 900 is priced too high?
    my former flatmate was paying that amount so i didnt bother to do a research

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

900 for a room! :eek: not totally out there as I've seen higher but you will have people looking at alternative areas at that price. Generally I get 20 or so responses in the first 24-48 hours of an ad going up. Expect a lot of messers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I can't find it...so I doubt anyone else will. Where on daft did you put it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

Can you copy and paste the ad here but leave out your name and number so we can have a look at the wording? €900 seems a lot for a room in an apartment. You'd pay that in the heart of Dublin city, not out in Sandyford.

Can you copy and paste the ad here but leave out your name and number so we can have a look at the wording? €900 seems a lot for a room in an apartment. You'd pay that in the heart of Dublin city, not out in Sandyford.
    The apartments is 2br 2 bathroom and costs 1900 per month . How much do you think i should have asked for ?

The apartments is 2br 2 bathroom and costs 1900 per month . How much do you think i should have asked for ?

Wow that's a lot for outside the city. I would have thought 750 but i dont live over there. Have you checked Daft to see what the current prices are for your type of apt? That will give you an idea. You dont want to screw yourself either. Are you the owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Are you sure you posted it in the right section of daft? There are no ads below 950 in Sandyford, the 950 one is a 1 bed studio.

Are you sure you posted it in the right section of daft? There are no ads below 950 in Sandyford, the 950 one is a 1 bed studio.

sorry my mistake . Its actually leopardstown .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

900 is crazy money to be renting a room as far out as Leopardstown while also sharing with 2 people (also a couple??), which from the ad I saw seems to be the case.

900 is crazy money to be renting a room as far out as Leopardstown while also sharing with 2 people (also a couple??), which from the ad I saw seems to be the case.
    No its just me. So you are basically saying that 1900 euro to much for a 2br 2 bathroom apartment in vantage apartments where theres onsite gym parking etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's top of the market, extremely expensive for the location. As a consequence, it will be very slow. If you believe it's reasonable someone will come looking eventually - I'd personally expect the apartment to be very high spec for that price given the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Ad says it is sharing with a couple which would turn people off especially when you are going to be paying that much and when it is sharing with just a couple, as opposed to a big house share where there happens to be one couple.

If it is not a couple you need to update ad as that would definitely be turning some people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

OP is it one of the new apartments in Vantage? €1900 is pretty standard for the apartments in Vantage. It's shocking but it is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I would suggest putting up more than one picture of the actual room up for rent the current one doesn't really show it off that well. Also imo 900 is an awful lot to pay to share with a couple when you know that they're only paying 500 each.

OP is it one of the new apartments in Vantage? €1900 is pretty standard for the apartments in Vantage. It's shocking but it is what it is.
    It is.

I would suggest putting up more than one picture of the actual room up for rent the current one doesn't really show it off that well. Also imo 900 is an awful lot to pay to share with a couple when you know that they're only paying 500 each.
    It is not a couple. It's just me. 39 male working in tech

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

It is.
    Well that makes sense. Do you highlight its a new apartment? €1900 for those apartments is standard if not lower than I expected.

It is not a couple. It's just me. 39 male working in tech

Ah your apt is up for €850 then. Looks lovely. Is the gym free? If so maybe include that it's free.

Ah your apt is up for €850 then. Looks lovely. Is the gym free? If so maybe include that it's free.
    It is free.

It is free.

I'd stick that into the ad then.

Advertisement