Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft 10 .... software needs Microsoft windows Vista

Options
  • 23-07-2017 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hey,
    I have just purchased a new laptop that has of course windows 10 on it
    I am trying to move my accounts package over to it - this is Tas Books 2v8
    I have the disk and the serial number ( i do not have a support contract with this so can not check with Tas )
    When i try and load it i am getting the message " This product requires Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or later
    Now i think it is possible to get these on line but my question is will it cause any problems with windows 10

thanks in advance

Clare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hey,
    I have just purchased a new laptop that has of course windows 10 on it
    I am trying to move my accounts package over to it - this is Tas Books 2v8
    I have the disk and the serial number ( i do not have a support contract with this so can not check with Tas )
    When i try and load it i am getting the message " This product requires Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or later
    Now i think it is possible to get these on line but my question is will it cause any problems with windows 10

thanks in advance

Clare
    Is it stopping you from installing it. That message just means you canot be on anything older than vista sp1. Windows 10 is far newer so you shouldn't have any problems. I seen tasbooks 2v8 installed on a Windows 10 machine on Friday so it's definitely possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

yes it is tell me to go and do the update and not let me go any further ... but was not sure if it would cause any issues ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

yes it is tell me to go and do the update and not let me go any further ... but was not sure if it would cause any issues ...

Maybe try run it in compatibility mode. Right click on the installer and run it as Windows vista sp1 or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

From a quick google, is this EOL software? Maybe its the perfect opportunity to move away then....

If you run the installer with compatability mode you will probably get it going. I needs an older version of .NET so you might have to manually grab that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

Thanks a million sir dossier - that worked

• Advertisement
Advertisement