Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darling

• 23-07-2017 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Now maybe I am just lacking in trust, but I always take a look at someone who calls their partner 'darling'. And why is that? Why is it that I cannot believe that the sentiment provided is simply true love? Darling is such an affectionate term it simply doesn't wash. I adore my kids. I can use that expression with my kids all the time. But how is it I cannot use the same expression with my wife, and indeed would feel I was lying if I used that expression? Bizarre considering how long we have spent together

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I blame the illumanti lizard king Donald Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Darling did 9/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

My parents still call each other "Darling" - quite without irony.

They married in 1950. Have always been affectionate, and still are: both in words and by kisses etc.

I use it too sometimes to my OH and nobody thinks a thing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,607 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I knew a Darling once. His first name was Jim.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Thought this would be some revelation or crackpot tale about Alistair. My first ever foray into this forum disappoints.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement