Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Rink

Options
  • 23-07-2017 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

I there an ice rink in Sligo at Christmas time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

cena wrote: »
    I there an ice rink in Sligo at Christmas time?

There was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    There was.

Does it come anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

cena wrote:
    Does it come anymore?

Last year was the first year we had it, I would say they will do it this year again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

It was set up by the guy that runs the Valet Depot on Ballast Quay to see would there be a market for it. It was fairly successful so hopefully they'll run it again this Christmas. Now all we need is a roller rink and a bowling alley and we'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Plazaman wrote: »
    It was set up by the guy that runs the Valet Depot on Ballast Quay to see would there be a market for it. It was fairly successful so hopefully they'll run it again this Christmas. Now all we need is a roller rink and a bowling alley and we'll be sorted.

A bowling alley used to be where Bonus Beds is now. Was probably ahead of its time. Cant remember exactly when it was though.

• Advertisement

T-Bird wrote:
    A bowling alley used to be where Bonus Beds is now. Was probably ahead of its time. Cant remember exactly when it was though.

I had one of my birthdays there.. when bandanas and nike air max were all the rage.. early 00's?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Their website says it will be back again this year but in a new location: BID red barn Stephen street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

mcgiggles wrote: »
    I had one of my birthdays there.. when bandanas and nike air max were all the rage.. early 00's?

The bowling alley closed in 1998. The weird thing is that it seemed to be always fairly busy on the few occasions I frequented it.

The bowling alley closed in 1998. The weird thing is that it seemed to be always fairly busy on the few occasions I frequented it.

Actually remembering who was in the photo's that makes sense actually! (We fell out before junior cert!) Must have been my 13th birthday ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Has anyone been ice skating this Year?

How much is it?

How long do you get on the ice etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Has anyone been ice skating this Year?

How much is it?

How long do you get on the ice etc?

All the info is on their website: https://sligoonice.ie/

Advertisement