Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 7 Episode 3 "The Queen's Justice" - "Non book readers"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

irishfeen wrote: »
    What a great episode! Such a sad ending because Lady Olenna was one of my favourite characters in the entire series.

Bran and Sansa meeting and Bran concentrating on that night she got married and raped makes me think she is indeed pregnant with Ramsey's child and he has foreseen it. Why else would he bring it up me thinks..

Armies can move many miles in the blink of an eye but Sansa shows no sign of pregnancy for how long!? That rape was a loooong time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

lawred2 wrote: »
    Armies can move many miles in the blink of an eye but Sansa shows no sign of pregnancy for how long!? That rape was a loooong time ago.

Maybe pregnancies are like winter in this world. For some women...

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Everything that's happened so far is exactly how that guy on Reddit who claimed he had a leak last year called it. Even down to the episodes he called it in.

How does someone get that many spoilers? Did he steal scripts or something?

The real question is why on earth you would want to know what's going to happen before it actually does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There was some great cinematography in this episode. The high shot over Varys and Melisandre on the cliff and Olenna on her balcony looked amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

J. Marston wrote:
    There was some great cinematography in this episode. The high shot over Varys and Melisandre on the cliff and Olenna on her balcony looked amazing.

I thought the opening scene of the waves on the shore as Jon and Ser Davos landed was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

FINGER IN THE BUM.

Speaking of...posteriors...was that really Cersei's?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9 daftdave23

The real question is why on earth you would want to know what's going to happen before it actually does?
    Sucks to be Bran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Did I hear a version of 'The Rains of Castamere" as Jamie walked through Highgarden?

Good episode I just wish we'd get more battle scenes and more blood and guts.Hopefully that's coming in the remaining 4 episodes.

Totally disagree with this.

This was a fantastic episode as it was dialogue and character driven and the pace moved fast through them.

The action was kept to a minimum and was done well.

One of the key strengths of the show is that it does not rely on action scenes to make an episode intriguing and exciting and often skips them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Vojera wrote: »
    Yes, there was a reveal where they showed that Olenna and Littlefinger conspired together to kill Joffrey, because Olenna couldn't stand the idea of Margaery being married to such a sadistic prick. They arranged for Sansa to wear a necklace with a poison locket (or something like that) by getting the guy she previously saved from Joffrey's wrath to make up a sob story about it, and Olenna retrieved the poison during the wedding and added it to Joffrey's wine.

Also Olenna told Maergery outright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

rawn wrote: »
    Exactly, but he did still kill their father.

And mother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I wouldn't think so.

In the scene a few seasons ago where she has to walk naked through the city they got a model in to pose for the nudity instead of using Lena Headey's body.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Totally disagree with this.

This was a fantastic episode as it was dialogue and character driven and the pace moved fast through them.

The action was kept to a minimum and was done well.

One of the key strengths of the show is that it does not rely on action scenes to make an episode intriguing and exciting and often skips them.

I think the action over the years is what makes the show great, you get good dialogue and character driven plots in most quality shows the fighting and action scenes are what makes Game of Throne's stand apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I wouldn't think so.

In the scene a few seasons ago where she has to walk naked through the city they got a model in to pose for the nudity instead of using Lena Headey's body.

That's because she was pregnant at the time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Did I hear a version of 'The Rains of Castamere" as Jamie walked through Highgarden?
    Yep. They call back to the same motifs for the various characters/families quite often. It's a nice touch.

EDIT: Also, when Melisandre told Varys that they would both die in Westeros, there was a repetition of the theme that used to play when she had one of her visions earlier in the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Olenna also quoted some line about rain to Jamie.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Arghus wrote: »
    Probably the best episode of the season so far. The pacing is still 100% top gear all the way, but there seemed to be a greater emphasis this week on dialogue and interaction between characters and differing plot strands - which was a pleasant change after the Storm und Drang of Episode Two.

Back to the pacing - jeepers it didn't take long for Jon to make it to Dragonstone. And did he come all the way in that little currach? Probably not, I'm near certain that he had a massive fck off ship moored further off shore somewhere, but he just wanted to underline his ordinary bloke credentials, possibly. Anyway the little preamble of a chat between Tyrion and The King of The North was nice and Jon got a chance to have his mind blown by some flying leathery fire breathers - even if I thought the CGI was markedly dodgy.

The long awaited meet between Daenerys and Jon was cool and also, at the same time, frustrating as hell. Cool in the sense that it was actually happening. Frustrating in the sense that it reminded me of times when you try to set up a friend with another friend who they haven't met - you know it should all work out - they'd be perfect together! - but then the whole thing doesn't work in damned pesky reality. When Daenerys was at her stupid unyielding worst, I felt like screaming at the TV - "He's a super sound lad! He'll treat you right!". But Jon, to be fair to him, didn't take any guff and wasn't going to bend any of those knees for anybody - even if it was touch and go for a while whether he'd become a cinder due to his perceived impudence. We also got some prime Davos this week, which is great because the double act between him and Jon is the greatest sound man duo in all of Westeros. Davos stopped just short of lobbing the gob with Jon, but we all know he would if he absolutely had too.

But, eventually, after much moping and discussions atop some very Irish looking cliff faces it seems like Jon has done alright out of his trip to Dragonstone: he got what he came there for and those knees remain decidedly unbent. I even sensed something in that look that Daenerys gave him at the end of their final meeting seemed to suggest that she liked the cut of his jib - or at least the cut of his magnificently voluminous fur coat. It really is some coat.

Meanwhile down south - Euron's overacting. Now, I like Euron as a character - he's made a big impression. But, by Jesus, he was broad this week. I appreciate that he's supposed to a prize arsehole but some of his dialogue was utterly ludicrous and the delivery of it was a joke! - why would he be practically shouting those things he had to say to Jaime? Really? It always plays better when they - the bits of pointed dialogue - come across like knowing little digs rather than dumb yucks that can be heard loud and clear, even in the back row. Thumbs down for Euron this week. So much of a thumbs down in fact that he had me - almost - viewing the good old fashioned incest between Jaime and Cersei as a nice wholesome alternative to a potential shacking up between himself and the coldest hearted bitch in Game of Thrones.

For that is what she is. Cersei was cold this week: 0 Kelvin cold. When the dungeon scene started out the first thing I noticed was the lipstick. What's this, I thought, is she trying to soften her image - counter balance all that black she's sporting these days? But no - it was all part of of her dastardly cunning plan. I suppose it was a bit signposted, but I was easily misdirected by the presence of The Mountain, whose fist I was constantly expecting to smash through the Dornish young one's head like a football through the thinnest of glass. And, as it turns out, that would have actually been a better kinder death for poor old Bad Poosay. But Cersei doesn't do kind. Even though I find it interesting how we don't actually see a death, which does leave it kind of open ended. It's not like Cersei to pass up the opportunity to end an enemies life, but, at the same time, it's not like the show at all to fail to wallow in a gratuitous death scene, if one is supposed to be due. I was bracing myself for the inevitable rivers of gore that would surely start spurting forth from all orifices gagged and ungagged - but nothing happened.... Hmmm. Add to that the fact that Tyburn seemed remarkably noncommittal about how long it would take the poison to actually work. I could see the point of mentally torturing your captured foe with the potential, never too be truly realized, death of their loved one right before their eyes. Yeah that would be in some ways super cruel, much more so than killing someone outright. Yes, I like that. And no doubt Cersei likes that too, the stupendously evil bitch, so I'm sticking with that theory - at least until next week.

Have to say I really enjoyed the manner in which they let the climatic battles for Casterly Rock and High-Garden play out; It was a departure from the stylistic norm for the show. We still got our action, but overlaying it with Tyrion's oh-so-clever monologue and turning the simultaneous real and potential outcomes into a montage made gave a sense that I was in on some high level planning and the satisfaction that comes with it when it all comes together - surprise suckers! But then came that point when it all turned around and you realize that Tyrion isn't the only clever Lannister - and that the war is well and truly on.

I liked how we were spared another few minutes of semi-tiresome battle sequences at High-Garden and just went straight to the main course of Jaime V Grandma Tyrell. Probably the best scene in the episode I thought. Diana Rigg was great - polite malevolence to the very last and you just knew she had something up her sleeve to send Jaime away reeling from their encounter - even if he was the only one of the two of them that would eventually be walking away. She dropped a bombshell that's gonna have consequences. Much praise to Dianna Rigg, what an icon - pure class. Also much praise to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau who I thought was equally as good in the scene. And he was pretty good throughout the episode, there was a lot of Jaime, which is no bad thing. It was good to see him involved again. He's a conniving, incestuous, raping, murdering liar, but he's basically a good guy once you get to know him.

Also - Sam says here's one I descaled earlier and Jorah is, like, sound man. The Sansa and Bran reunion was interesting I suppose, but Bran kind of sucks the life out of everything with his seen it all before shtick and his monotone delivery. Turns out Sansa, underneath the ginger hair, has a first class logistical brain - adept at the planning and running of a castle. How does she do it? Littlefinger seemed all about convincing her to play all the angles, so she can be just about anything - even a really bad actor. And Theon can’t get much lower. Cheer up mate, maybe you might meet Sam someday and he could perform some miraculous dickgraft - the lad has got magic hands.

I liked this as much as watching the episode! Legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Bran being the Three-Eyed Raven is interesting, if not hard to get my head around how exactly it works.

It was a very good episode overall, though I felt the negotiations between Dany and Jon could have been drawn out longer. It seemed to be a lot of posturing before Dany gave him what he wanted anyway. I would have thought she was more stubborn and less likely to be talked into something like that.

I enjoyed the ending with Jamie and Olenna, especially Olenna dying on her terms. Cersei's revenge was and the war has taken an interesting twist, when it seemed like it would a walk in the park for Dany.

Euron's still over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

It was a very good episode overall, though I felt the negotiations between Dany and Jon could have been drawn out longer. It seemed to be a lot of posturing before Dany gave him what he wanted anyway. I would have thought she was more stubborn and less likely to be talked into something like that.
    Dragonglass wasn't the only thing Jon wanted. His biggest request was that she join him in the war against the Night King.

• Advertisement

I think she's been quoted as saying she doesn't want to appear naked on the show.

don't think so. it seemed to me that it was an arse double actress. when she was walking away they only showed a hint of a side profile on the face and it didn't look like Lena Headey. Her arse probably isn't up to such scrutiny these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Apparently the front airbags are too big to belong to Lena Heady.
    While we're on that scene, interesting that Cersei is getting flippant about what her servants can see. There seemed to be a smirk on that servant girl, I dunno....
    In unrelated news Arya hasn't returned to Winterfell yet.

I wouldn't think so.

Don't think it's her either.

The body double they are using has a much different figure and larger chest than Lena Headey so it's strange that they use her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Bran being the Three-Eyed Raven is interesting, if not hard to get my head around how exactly it works.

I enjoyed the ending with Jamie and Olenna, especially Olenna dying on her terms. Cersei's revenge was and the war has taken an interesting twist, when it seemed like it would a walk in the park for Dany.

Euron's still over the top.

Jon wanted her and her dragons to go North, she only let him mine for dragon glass so she defiantly didn't give him what he wanted just a little piece of what he wanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Loved the scenes with Cersei and her gifts. I like that she didn't go for the obvious choice of handing them over to the Mountain - although that could still happen to Ellaria, I guess.

Very tense, well-acted scenes I thought. I found them quite hard to watch though as I was expecting some bone-crushing violence from the Mountain.

For me, Oberyn's death was the most horrific scene in the series. I feel very uncomfortable when the Mountain is present in any scene as I am waiting with bated breath for him to attack.

Great scene to finish another fantastic episode. I will miss Olenna - what a woman!

• Advertisement

Don't think it's her either.

The body double they are using has a much different figure and larger chest than Lena Headey so it's strange that they use her.

Looks like it could be a different one alright.

I'm going to spend the day doing extensive research on these 2 nude scnes to see if it is the same body double.I'll report back later.:D

That was not the reason as the actress herself explains below.
    You know what? It was really a bit shocking. I’ve done nudity. I’m not averse to it. But I know I’m a very emotional actor and I get really driven by that. In order to do my job, I allow myself to be really vulnerable. I don’t know any other way to do my job. Things really affect me. And the thought of being naked for three days and trying to contain her in the way she would be I think I would feel very angry. I didn’t want to be angry. I don’t think Cersei would be angry. I did what I thought she would do, emotionally. And wonderful Rebecca [Van Cleave, Headey’s stand-in] was able to contain herself and be naked. She found it very difficult, obviously. It’s not a natural thing to do. I film every year and I have kids and they know me now and [being naked in the scene] was just too much on top of that. So yeah, people that get it thought it was great. I didn’t phone it in; I was actually there for three days with Rebecca.

http://ew.com/article/2016/04/18/game-thrones-lena-headey/

In season 1 when Jamie was rogering Cersei doggystyle up in the tower - was that even her?
    The scene where just after Bran did a bad superman impression courtesy of a Jamie push.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

glasso wrote: »
    In season 1 when Jamie was rogering Cersei doggystyle up in the tower - was that even her?
    The scene where just after Bran did a bad superman impression courtesy of a Jamie push.

Yes it was she was fully clothed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I reckon a lot of people complaining about "teleporting" people, armies and navies would be the same ones whinging about how slow the pace is if they did slow it down and tack in superfluous travel scenes to account for journey times.

I think the entire thing is moving at an excellent pace.

The weakness of the Tyrell army makes sense, as well as being taken by surprise it has lost Mace, Loras and the Tarlys. I think that is the relevance of the "they fought well under the circumstances" exchange between Jaime and Oleanna- the "circumstances" being a dearth of preparation and military leadership.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Harambe wrote: »

That scene wasn't fully clothed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

glasso wrote: »

Been awhile since I've seen a Superman movie, but I don't him recall flying back first in a plummeting fashion.

More a Christopher Reeve impression than a Superman impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Looking forward to the forensic scrutiny of Jamie's arse and whether it belongs to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the forensic scrutiny of Jamie's arse and whether it belongs to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau :rolleyes:
    More importantly, I hope Cersei gave her mouth a good scrub before that scene. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dinneenp wrote: »
    Any chance that he didn't poison her, pretended to and got her to confess?

Unlikely. He didn't know there was anything for her to confess to. She was never a suspect in Joffrey's death.

Harambe wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pMGbspm_AA&feature=youtu.be&t=5

woudln't call that fully clothed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

So its interesting that we have Littlefinger who imagines, plans and schemes for every scenario alongside Bran who can see past present and future!

Will Bran expose Baelish or will Littlefinger want the three eyed raven for himself ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

flazio wrote: »
    In unrelated news Arya hasn't returned to Winterfell yet.

Nor will she - thought the scene with the wolf in the forest put paid to that. Off to King's Landing with her.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Nor will she - thought the scene with the wolf in the forest put paid to that. Off to King's Landing with her.
    She said in that scene that she was going back to Winterfell. But 'it wasn't Nymeria' to go back with her as her pet again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

After Olenna drank the poison and revealed all to Jamie, I thought he might take her head off with Joffrey's sword in rage, but I'm glad he didn't. Great ending for Olenna, a fantastic character.

• Advertisement

She said in that scene that she was going back to Winterfell. But 'it wasn't Nymeria' to go back with her as her pet again.

No she saying that's not her anymore. She's not going to Winterfell she's going to kings landing. She will take a face and blend in.

rawn wrote: »
    No she saying that's not her anymore. She's not going to Winterfell she's going to kings landing. She will take a face and blend in.
    By 'her' do you mean Nymeria or Arya? Because I took it to mean Nymeria. And the meaning was that Nymeria wasn't a pet any more, she had her own pack and didn't need Arya.

Trailer
    The trailer for the next episode would seem to back me up and she's going to Winterfell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Time for danny to unleash her dragons. Tyrion has made a balls of this so far for her and im sure she is losing patience with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

ricero wrote: »
    Time for danny to unleash her dragons. Tyrion has made a balls of this so far for her and im sure she is losing patience with him

Just need three dragon riders with Targaryen blood in their veins........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

How is seemingly over half the thread over if it was a named actress in the nip or a body double? Does it really matter?

By 'her' do you mean Nymeria or Arya? Because I took it to mean Nymeria. And the meaning was that Nymeria wasn't a pet any more, she had her own pack and didn't need Arya.

I took it to mean she was mirroring her conversation with her dad about being a lady and being married. "No, that's not me". When she was asking Nymeria to come with her it was like she was asking to go back to being Arya Stark - but "no, that's that you (me)"

Haven't seen the trailer yet I'll have a goo later!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Arya is definitely heading back to Winterfell. They did a whole scene already on her changing her mind from heading towards King's Landing to going back to Winterfell. That scene would be pointless now if she changed her mind again. With the speed the show is running this year they definitely don't have many pointless filler scenes like that. I'd expect to see Arya in Winterfell in the next episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lady Olenna with the best line of the episode: [On Joffrey] "He really was a cunt, wasn't he?"

I really enjoyed the episode. The only miss for me was Bran and his apparent lack of emotion. I get that things have changed for him because he is more than the experiences of one man, but "It's hard to explain" didn't really cut it for me. Perhaps if we'd seen more of him between losing Hodor and here, it would be more expected or fit a bit better.

Loved the scenes with Cersei and her gifts. I like that she didn't go for the obvious choice of handing them over to the Mountain - although that could still happen to Ellaria, I guess.

Especially when it wasn't hard to explain. "There was a Three Eyed Raven before. He died. I'm it now."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Enjoyed the episode. Definitely the best of the series so far.

Thought the Casterly Rock scene was fairly horrendous, though. Not sure if it was the way it was shot, the CGI, or the production of the scene in general, but it looked really poor and tacky for me. Tyrion narrating over it was a great touch, however. Just the visuals left me cringing a bit.

The scene with Jon and Daenerys ended in a fairly bizarre manner too, what with her turning away and staring wistfully into the distance before then giving a few final words. Just a totally unnatural interaction at that point. Genuinely made me laugh out loud it was so ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Would have made a lot more sense for Euron to sink the ships with the unsullied in them.

Advertisement