Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 7 Episode 3 "The Queen's Justice" - "Non book readers"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Looks like it could be a different one alright.

I'm going to spend the day doing extensive research on these 2 nude scnes to see if it is the same body double.I'll report back later.:D

I'm sure you'll be as diligent as Sam with that stack of parchments.:P

The walk of shame body definitely seemed to be much broader in the beam than the one in the latest episode, so maybe the latter actually is Lena Headey? You can sort of see her face....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Knex. wrote: »
    Especially when it wasn't hard to explain. "There was a Three Eyed Raven before. He died. I'm it now."
    "It's a Dread Pirate Roberts type of deal, okay?" biggrin.png
    Would have made a lot more sense for Euron to sink the ships with the unsullied in them.
    But ships with Unsullied in them are also ships that are firing back. Euron doesn't care about the Lannister men or Casterly Rock. This way caused minimal damage to his fleet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'm sure you'll be as diligent as Sam with that stack of parchments.:P

The walk of shame body definitely seemed to be much broader in the beam than the one in the latest episode, so maybe the latter actually is Lena Headey? You can sort of see her face....

Ah, who cares. Jaime's bum was far superior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Knex. wrote: »
    Especially when it wasn't hard to explain. "There was a Three Eyed Raven before. He died. I'm it now."

Is there not a theory that the old fella was also actually Bran? So he is, and always was, the Three Eyed Raven. He met himself, who died, and who helped him become what he has always been.

So it isn't easy, as far as I am aware.

Maybe your answer is right, but it is also possibly an easy lie. So not an explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Billy86 wrote: »
    How is seemingly over half the thread over if it was a named actress in the nip or a body double? Does it really matter?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Anyone else think Arya could have been in Winterfell in that episode? Maybe one of the people carrying in supplies?
    I thought she could be there, she wouldn't arrive as herself, she would not want to reveal herself until she was sure it was safe to do so.
    Maybe she wasn't but I reckon that is how she will arrive next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Billy86 wrote: »
    How much of that belonged to possibly the most sinister looking man in all of Westeros, though?

31-got-007.w710.h473.jpg

True, but the Tarlys were just vassals of Highgarden. Renley was handily starving out the Lannisters by just sitting about in Highgarden (as most of the capitol's food supply comes from the Reach).

With recent developments I have to question what point any of the plot with Renley or Stannis was, at all? Same with Jorah's greyscale - some of these plots just don't seem to go anywhere (well, technically, all over the planet, but you know what I mean)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Would have made a lot more sense for Euron to sink the ships with the unsullied in them.

Why were the Unsullied capturing Casterly Rock anyway. For the gold? No, seriously :confused:

I hadn't previously picked up that Daeny called one of her dragons after her brother. Why exactly? Isn't this a bit like Gilly naming her baby Craster?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

If Ed Sheeran had stripped off for his scene, would we be speculating whether he had used a body double or not?

I don't get the fascination with having to know whether it was Lena or not. Her character was naked, end of.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Well I'm waiting for DDM to come back with a definitive verdict on this:P, but if a body double was used in both scenes it didn't seem to be the same one, hence all the disputation...

On a slightly more elevated noted, it was nice to see the Iron Bank manager again, although it was a pretty prosaic discussion, no room for Mycroft-esque flourishes...

If Ed Sheeran had stripped off for his scene, would we be speculating whether he had used a body double or not?

you should be banned for just typing that with the associated danger of an image popping into people's heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Well I'm waiting for DDM to come back with a definitive verdict on this:P, but if a body double was used in both scenes it didn't seem to be the same one, hence all the disputation...

On a slightly more elevated noted, it was nice to see the Iron Bank manager again, although it was a pretty prosaic discussion, no room for Mycroft-esque flourishes...

That could take a while.

I think after my reserach I'll be in no condition to type for a long time.:D

That could take a while.

I think after my reserach I'll be in no condition to type for a long time.:D

Yes a trip to the opticians might be in order after all that close scrutiny...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

By 'her' do you mean Nymeria or Arya? Because I took it to mean Nymeria. And the meaning was that Nymeria wasn't a pet any more, she had her own pack and didn't need Arya.

Trailer
    The trailer for the next episode would seem to back me up and she's going to Winterfell.
    That does look like her alright in the trailer.
    I had thought that scene with Nymeria was pretty clear in pointing out that she was going to abandon her return home. She told Nymeria she was going home and she should come with her but Nymeria rejected that and Arya said 'That's not you'. Literally, she was talking about the wolf but symbolically about herself. She's not that little girl anymore. She has no need to go home. She's an assassin. She was tempted by the fantasy of returning home and returning to her previous state but realised that that just wasn't her anymore.
    The trailer does seem to discredit that reading of the scene though. Although perhaps, that vista of Winterfell is as close as she gets...She just has an old mournful look at it and then heads south?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Ah, here! Trailer discussion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Ah, here! Trailer discussion?

Mea Culpa. Apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Did anyone notice how quick Santa was in ditching her loyalty to Jon and telling Bran he was the true heir if Winterfell?
    I predict that Santa will turn on Jon with the help of Littlefinger to take over the North and possibly the 7 kingdoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Crea wrote: »
    Did anyone notice how quick Santa was in ditching her loyalty to Jon and telling Bran he was the true heir if Winterfell?
    I predict that Santa will turn on Jon with the help of Littlefinger to take over the North and possibly the 7 kingdoms.

lol...she was just stating the fact that he was the oldest male Stark and so was rightfully Lord of Winterfell if he wishes. Not sure it would matter anyway as Jon is King of the North, an entirely different and superior position.

I predict that Santa will turn on Jon with the help of Littlefinger to take over the North

I thought he already ruled the north::D
    rexfeatures_1991309d-640x457.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Mousewar wrote: »
    lol...she was just stating the fact that he was the oldest male Stark and so was rightfully Lord of Winterfell if he wishes. Not sure it would matter anyway as Jon is King of the North, an entirely different and superior position.

I dunno. King if the North was a title traditionally held by the Starks. Sansa seems to consider Bran more of a Stark than Jon so I wouldn't be surprised.
    I think she'll turn on Jon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I dunno. King if the North was a title traditionally held by the Starks. Sansa seems to consider Bran more of a Stark than Jon so I wouldn't be surprised.
    I think she'll turn on Jon.

Bran is the true-born heir of Ned so has a better claim to Winterfell (and therefore King in the North) than Jon does. However, given that Jon is King and Bran doesn't want the throne, Jon (as King and with Bran's blessing just to be sure everyone accepts it) could easily just legitimise himself and make himself Jon Stark, same way Roose Bolton got Joffrey (or Tommen, can't remember which it was) to legitimise Ramsey Snow as Ramsey Bolton.

However, Bran can now throw another spanner in the works by telling Jon of his true parentage, which would go back to making Bran the heir. He doesn't want it because he's the Three Eyed Raven and apparently can't do two things at the same time, so then it passes to Sansa.

But, the houses of the North and the Wildlings all believe in Jon and will likely follow him.

So yeah, bit of a clusterf*ck. Say what you will about the Targaryens, but at least their family tree is usually a straight line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

Cersai telling Ellaria that Oberyn should have finished the mountain instead of taunting, which she then proceeds to do herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Penn wrote: »
    Bran is the true-born heir of Ned so has a better claim to Winterfell (and therefore King in the North) than Jon does. However, given that Jon is King and Bran doesn't want the throne, Jon (as King and with Bran's blessing just to be sure everyone accepts it) could easily just legitimise himself and make himself Jon Stark, same way Roose Bolton got Joffrey (or Tommen, can't remember which it was) to legitimise Ramsey Snow as Ramsey Bolton.

However, Bran can now throw another spanner in the works by telling Jon of his true parentage, which would go back to making Bran the heir. He doesn't want it because he's the Three Eyed Raven and apparently can't do two things at the same time, so then it passes to Sansa.

But, the houses of the North and the Wildlings all believe in Jon and will likely follow him.

So yeah, bit of a clusterf*ck. Say what you will about the Targaryens, but at least their family tree is usually a straight line.

I don't think that Bran is interested in the throne and is busier with bigger fish. ie. White Walkers

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't think that Bran is interested in the throne and is busier with bigger fish. ie. White Walkers

Which he could still deal with as King, and with Jon at his side to keep the men and wildlings happy.

But I agree, he's abandoning his claim to serve as the Three Eyed Raven. That said, he still does have a stronger claim to Winterfell and KITN than Jon or Sansa, which could cause political trouble between the Houses of the North.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Which he could still deal with as King, and with Jon at his side to keep the men and wildlings happy.

But I agree, he's abandoning his claim to serve as the Three Eyed Raven. That said, he still does have a stronger claim to Winterfell and KITN than Jon or Sansa, which could cause political trouble between the Houses of the North.

I wouldn't even say "stronger", it is his if he wants it, that can't be argued. He is Ned Stark's only remaining son.

I think the fact that he sees all that was and is has made all of his surroundings not matter to him apart from defeating what is coming. He has no interest in claims to thrones etc as in the grand scheme of things they are meaningless to him now.

I'd compare him to Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

naughto wrote: »

Those recaps are pure gold each week.

"He's a right proper lad."

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Jon has no claim to Winterfell or King in the North for that matter.
    The line runs through Ned Stark, Bran is his son, it goes to him.
    Jon is a Targaryen which gives him the best claim to the Iron Throne ahead of Daenerys. But is he still a bastard or did Rhaegar marry Lyanna first? I can't remember.

Yep she's his aunt, but the line of succession would be from Rhaegar to Jon (once the possible bastard issue is cleared up.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

i like euron a lot.
    but for me Qyburn is the best character, he just loves being evil and the actor delivers this perfectly.

I noticed in this episode the Lannister side have all the best characters , the other side have gone a bit stale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

arayess wrote: »
    i like euron a lot.
    but for me Qyburn is the best character, he just loves being evil and the actor delivers this perfectly.

I noticed in this episode the Lannister side have all the best characters , the other side have gone a bit stale.

He is a sneaky, slivery, greasy, rotten, horrible c**t. And it's marvelous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Great episode, best of the season so far.

I quite liked the method they did the military stuff in.... I don't know the word for it.
    Kind of like in flashback mode or something.
    It's chess, we don't need to see all the battles in real time, just to see the pieces moving.

I am critical that Bran's transition to automaton mode was given no time to flesh out.
    A few minutes would be fine.

Ditto for the Greyscale disease.
    Incurable apparently, but no, a scalpel and some Sudocream and bobs your uncle!
    They spent so much time setting things up to be wrapped up too quickly.

So, while it was a good episode it is already feeling rushed.

It's HBO's most lucrative show, why they gave so few episodes could well bite them in the back side.

I disagree with the pacing completely. For example, they dragged the arse out of the many faced god scenes in season 5 and 6 with little payoff. This season it is much more fluid with little to no waste and the show is better for it.

i like euron a lot.

I never really noticed him until the Season 6 finale but he was so brilliant in Pycelle's death scene.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

I never really noticed him until the Season 6 finale but he was so brilliant in Pycelle's death scene.:cool:

he popped up first I think when he was healing jamie's arm stump when Lord Bolton freed Jamie and sent him (along with Qyburn ) back to Kings Landing
    On the way he told jamie how he was kicked out of the maesters for being a bad man

• Advertisement

he popped up first I think when he was healing jamie's arm stump when Lord Bolton freed Jamie and sent him (along with Qyburn ) back to Kings Landing
    On the way he told jamie how he was kicked out of the maesters for being a bad man

Even earlier than that. When Robb Stark first came to Harrenhal at the start of Season 3. Then Bolton was left in charge at Harrenhal and he became maester there until he went with Jamie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭DeadHand

s15r330 wrote: »
    The line runs through Ned Stark, Bran is his son, it goes to him.
    Jon is a Targaryen which gives him the best claim to the Iron Throne ahead of Daenerys. But is he still a bastard or did Rhaegar marry Lyanna first? I can't remember.

As an acknowledged bastard of Ned Stark, Jon has a weak claim to the Lordship of Winterfell- a stroke of a pen could legitimise him in the role fully. While Bran undoubtably has the far stronger claim as it stands, to say Jon has no claim whatsoever as if he is a random peasant who wandered in from the countryside is inaccurate. I'm not sure Jon is even acknowledged as the Lord of Winterfell, it's never been explicitly stated that he is and Davos announced him at Dragonstone as simply the King in the North. Maybe it's all he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'd compare him to Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen!
    0w5sa8qr6xcz.png

DeadHand wrote: »
    As an acknowledged bastard of Ned Stark, Jon has a weak claim to the Lordship of Winterfell- a stroke of a pen could legitimise him in the role fully. While Bran undoubtably has the far stronger claim as it stands, to say Jon has no claim whatsoever as if he is a random peasant who wandered in from the countryside is inaccurate. I'm not sure Jon is even acknowledged as the Lord of Winterfell, it's never been explicitly stated that he is and Davos announced him at Dragonstone as simply the King in the North. Maybe it's all he is.

I don't agree. He isn't even Ned Stark's bastard which will come to light shortly, so he has no claim on Winterfell. It's all Bran's, if he wants it, which he doesn't.

Vojera wrote: »
    0w5sa8qr6xcz.png

That's gas, I just thought of that today, didn't realise it was a thing!

The line runs through Ned Stark, Bran is his son, it goes to

Not entirely true.

When Torrhen Stark submitted to the Targs the Kingship of the North, and its line of succession, was abolished. Ned and his forefathers all the way back to Torrhen were not Kings in the North, therefore the line does not run through Ned. Bran does not have that title to inherit.

Robb Stark was KITN briefly, though he did not inherit the position from Ned- he was declared so on the strength of his early successes in what was essentially an independence movement. The title was resurrected as part of a revolt, not passed down normally. Hence, in theory, any Northern noble could have been declared KITN (even an ostensibly half-noble bastard, as happened later with Jon) the title being, in the era our story is set, declarative rather than inherited.

When Robb's rebellion died along with him, the kingship was once again extinguished. No independence, no Kingdom, no King, no succession.

Jon is now head of a seperate, new revolt. Like Robb, he has been declared KITN for the purposes of his revolt on merit rather than on blood (though being somewhat a Stark certainly helps his "candidacy" as it helped Robb's, that being the North's most prominent dynasty).

His is the only claim as the title has been revived specifically for him. It was re-established for him because he is militarily and politically the most outstanding figure in the North right now.

DeadHand wrote: »
    Not entirely true.

When Torrhen Stark submitted to the Targs the Kingship of the North, and its line of succession, was abolished. Ned and his forefathers all the way back to Torrhen were not Kings in the North, therefore the line does not run through Ned. Bran does not have that title to inherit.

Robb Stark was KITN briefly, though he did not inherit the position from Ned- he was declared so on the strength of his early successes in what was essentially an independence movement. The title was resurrected as part of a revolt, not passed down normally. Hence, in theory, any Northern noble could have been declared KITN (even an ostensibly half-noble bastard, as happened later with Jon) the title being, in the era our story is set, declarative rather than inherited.

When Robb's rebellion died along with him, the kingship was once again extinguished. No independence, no Kingdom, no King, no succession.

Jon is now head of a seperate, new revolt. Like Robb, he has been declared KITN for the purposes of his revolt on merit rather than on blood (though being somewhat a Stark certainly helps his "candidacy" as it helped Robb's, that being the North's most prominent dynasty).

His is the only claim as the title has been revived specifically for him. It was re-established for him because he is militarily and politically the most outstanding figure in the North right now.

Sorry I should have been clearer, I was referring to the Lordship of Winterfell that passes through Ned.
    The King in the North seems to be an elected position

I don't agree. He isn't even Ned Stark's bastard which will come to light shortly, so he has no claim on Winterfell. It's all Bran's, if he wants it, which he doesn't.

Being Lyanna's son still grants him an even fainter claim. Even leaving bloodlines aside, it was Jon who took Winterfell from the Boltons so an argument could be made along the lines of rights of conquest.

Neither in the general perception as it stands or in truth does he have no claim to Winterfell.

In any case, as I said, Bran has the strongest claim by far. I never argued it was not all Bran's if he wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Oi! This thread is for non book readers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

MadYaker wrote: »
    Oi! This thread is for non book readers

Nothing that isn't from the show is being discussed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement