Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issuing contracts after sale agreed on property

Options
  • 23-07-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone could indicate what a reasonable timeframe would be for a solicitor to issue sale contracts when a property has gone sale agreed? And is it normal for the seller or purchaser to sign first?

Thanks,
    Says Aron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Purchaser signs first.
    Timeframe depends if there is still a mortgage of the house, ours took almost 6 weeks because the vendor had to wait for the deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Says Aron

Thanks, the solicitor already has the deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Reasonable this time of year, can be very different to the rest of the year. We must be coming up on the summer break by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 legra

We were almost 6 weeks and that was with the sellers pushing for a quick sale. The thing that took he longest was getting the loan pack from the bank to the solicitor, despite having all our paperwork up to date and in order

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jake2

Coming up to 4 weeks waiting here...supposed to be a quick sale they have the title deeds, waiting on some other form of documentation Im not sure what it is. All you can do is push them and wait. I have done valuation and loan pack has been issued now Im just waiting on those darn contracts to be received.

This is my second time sale agreed last time I was waiting 8 weeks but sale fell through in the end. Really hoping I have these contracts by end of month..fingers crossed

• Advertisement
Advertisement