Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!!! Cost to self build 3000sqft house Newry area

Options
  • 23-07-2017 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys

I am really looking for help/advice. We are currently building a 3000sqft house Newry area.

I am wondering how what way you have all been finding current costs for project managing ourselves.

We have a lot of blockwork to get to subfloor also due to location of site. So this is an added cost for us.

We just want to get basics into the house or kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedroom etc just basics to move in. Any advice on prices?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

janineC wrote: »
    Hey guys

I am really looking for help/advice. We are currently building a 3000sqft house Newry area.

I am wondering how what way you have all been finding current costs for project managing ourselves.

We have a lot of blockwork to get to subfloor also due to location of site. So this is an added cost for us.

We just want to get basics into the house or kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedroom etc just basics to move in. Any advice on prices?

NI prices will be a lot different than ROI prices from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 janineC

Do you think north is less expensive or more?

We where hoping that project managing ourselves will save us some money? Has anyone experience in how much you can save going this route?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

janineC wrote: »
    Do you think north is less expensive or more?

We where hoping that project managing ourselves will save us some money? Has anyone experience in how much you can save going this route?

NI could be cheaper, also you have different Building Control Regulations, so its not like comparing apples with apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shanboman

Hire a QS

Advertisement