Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to buy fantasy books online?

• 24-07-2017 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi. Can anyone tell me a good site to buy fantasy books that deliver to Ireland. Been trying to get the Icewind dale Trilogy but Amazon is the only place i can find and the sellers wont deliver to Ireland. Any dedicated Fantasy bookstores out there??
    THANKS

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I can only think of one dedicated physical SF/Fantasy book store I've been to and that's sfbok.se which I ran into in Stockholm (it's 3 floors with everything from books to board games to roleplaying modules etc.). It's Swedish only but that's what google translate is for; they appear to do international shipping and if they don't have it they can probably get it inf ro you if it's possible. The other option of course would simply be to get a suitable mail forwarder (be it US or UK) to get around the buyer's shipping limitation; will add a bit of cost obviously but for hard to find series it may be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Normally I would say Book Depository but they don't seem to have it either.
    Could try Abe Books for it second hand?
    Kennys.ie have some of them too I think.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi. Can anyone tell me a good site to buy fantasy books that deliver to Ireland. Been trying to get the Icewind dale Trilogy but Amazon is the only place i can find and the sellers wont deliver to Ireland. Any dedicated Fantasy bookstores out there??
    THANKS

You could set up a parcel motel, parcel wizard or address pal account and order from amazon then.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

mcgovern wrote: »
    Normally I would say Book Depository but they don't seem to have it either.
    Could try Abe Books for it second hand?
    Kennys.ie have some of them too I think.
    Hi. I actually found it on Book Depository. It was a bit strange. I had to put in different search terms but eventually found it.
    Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

To mention that many independent physical bookshops operate an ordering service as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement