Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Returns

Options
  • 24-07-2017 8:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Anyone know if ticketmaster offer returns/refunds? All their website says is that I'm not entitled to one.... not that they don't necessarily do them.

Bought tickets for girlfriend for Ed Sheeran in Phoenix Park but then announced third Cork date, which suits better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Sono

jsms88 wrote: »
    Anyone know if ticketmaster offer returns/refunds? All their website says is that I'm not entitled to one.... not that they don't necessarily do them.

Bought tickets for girlfriend for Ed Sheeran in Phoenix Park but then announced third Cork date, which suits better.

I would happily take them off your hands if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Sono wrote: »
    I would happily take them off your hands if you like?

Apparently, I can't sell them on (or even give them away). You need to present ID and the credit card used on entry. Don't know if they're going to follow through on this but apparently so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Sono

Apparently, I can't sell them on (or even give them away). You need to present ID and the credit card used on entry. Don't know if they're going to follow through on this but apparently so.

That is crazy, must be something new they have introduced. Ah well it was worth a shot, she would have loved me even more had I managed to get these!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

jsms88 wrote:

Sell it man. You'll make back profit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

If you have a family member (or anyone with the same last name) who can take it, that will work.

Even aside from that, the sheer number of people means that enforcement is going to be impossible so it'll probably be grand.

But no, Ticketmaster don't do returns.

TheChizler wrote: »

Seems to be UK only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

That's a load of crap - it was a statement to appease meddling politicians who want soundbites to garner publicity.

There is not a chance in hell of 400,000 tickets getting checked - the touts know this and the best way to stop the touts is to flood the market with tickets as they have done.

Anyone who pays more than face value is a fool there will be thousands of people unable to attend for one reason or another and tons of tickets will be on www.toutless.com at face value

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They have their own reselling site, stick it up on that. If they can't be resold then they shouldn't allow them onto their reselling site.

www.seatwave.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Thanks to hysteria over touting, tickets are soon going to be a licence only. The purchaser will own nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

People have mentioned both seatwave and twickets, neither are taking Ed Sheeran Ireland tickets for resale.
    I'm in a similar position myself with tickets that I would like to return or re-sell at face value but there doesn't seem to be any way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Tweet Ticketmaster and see what they say. If you trust someone, I think you can give them a copy of your ID and the credit card? Do you have family in Dublin?

Or maybe treat the GF and got to both?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Sell it man. You'll make back profit

Please dont encourage him to become a ticket tout.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

CeilingFly wrote: »
    That's a load of crap - it was a statement to appease meddling politicians who want soundbites to garner publicity.

There is not a chance in hell of 400,000 tickets getting checked - the touts know this and the best way to stop the touts is to flood the market with tickets as they have done.

Anyone who pays more than face value is a fool there will be thousands of people unable to attend for one reason or another and tons of tickets will be on www.toutless.com at face value

It's not a statement to appease any politician - Ed Sheeran and his management don't agree with touts and are trying to do something about it. His manager & promoter appeared in front of MPs in the UK to give evidence to try and have the problem tackled. His promoter was threatened with arrest after protesting outside Viagogo offices a few days ago. They've also already cancelled 10,000 tickets that were put up for resale & will continue to do so.

I can absolutely see the checks being enforced, because they really seem to be taking a stand on it. I'd say if it was ever going to be enforced it will be at these gigs, because it's been so heavily reported and people will be watching this as an example - and I think they will strictly enforce it to make one.

OP, I'd contact Ticketmaster or Ed Sheerans manager on Twitter, they'd be best able to advise what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I can absolutely see the checks being enforced, because they really seem to be taking a stand on it. I'd say if it was ever going to be enforced it will be at these gigs, because it's been so heavily reported and people will be watching this as an example - and I think they will strictly enforce it to make one.

+1
    On top of Ed Sheeran rules, they could just limit the number of tickets available to buy to 2 p.p.
    Make it harder for touts to sell the tickets if they needed to accompany the buyer(s) in.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hey! I said hey!

Ticketmaster wouldn't refund me for two tickets or swap for the ones I meant to get for a concert literally 4 mins after I bought them. I accidentally selected standing not seated (my own fault I know!) that was about a year ago

I called into the Ticketmaster shop/office in Cork City today. I'm stuck with the tickets unless I can find someone in Dublin who I can trust with a photocopy of my credit card! Not likely I'd say!

Advertisement