Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptable Proofs of Address

Options
  • 24-07-2017 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

My wife and I are looking to open a Joint Current Account. Before I actually go into a branch to do so, I want to check what proofs of address are accepted.

We both can furnish Tax Credit Certificates showing our address from the Revenue. We also both have non-joint current accounts with BOI. In addition, I have my (old non credit card style) Irish Drivers License with my address.

Would the tax credit certificate along with the existing BOI bank account statements from both of us be adequate as proof of address?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

z0oT wrote: »
    My wife and I are looking to open a Joint Current Account. Before I actually go into a branch to do so, I want to check what proofs of address are accepted.

We both can furnish Tax Credit Certificates showing our address from the Revenue. We also both have non-joint current accounts with BOI. In addition, I have my (old non credit card style) Irish Drivers License with my address.

Would the tax credit certificate along with the existing BOI bank account statements from both of us be adequate as proof of address?
    Hi z0oT,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You can make a request to open a joint account here and don't need to call into a branch. We've a list of accepted documents here

You'll both need to provide id and proof of address in your own name. If the tax credit cert is addressed to you and dated within the last six months, this can be accepted and your driving licence can be be used for photo id. If you're using the driving licence as proof of address you'll need a different document for photo id (passport). We can't accept a Bank of Ireland statement as proof of address, it would need to be from another financial institution or a utility bill.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement