Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair in shower trap. whose responsibility?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,613 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Gravelly wrote: »
    The brand I mentioned earlier is 97% hydrochloric acid (according to the label).

What's the brand? 97% HCl sounds very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

What's the brand? 97% HCl sounds very unlikely.

It's Rothenberger - and you're correct, it isn't 97% HCI it's actually 97% sulphuric acid - my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,613 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's Rothenberger - and you're correct, it isn't 97% HCI it's actually 97% sulphuric acid - my bad.

Link?

I'm curious.

Link?

I'm curious.

Discussing drain cleaner isn't how I envisaged my day off.

A quick google brings up:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/331800370317

https://www.in-excess.com/products/rothenberger-plumbing-tools-toilet-drain-unblocker-1-litre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Never use that it will melt the pipes it's only for unlocking toilets and ceramic pipes it is very dangerous to use too. Keep well clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Buy them the drain unblocker and tell them nexttime it blocks simply follow the iinstructions.
    And if they can't do that... evict the useless bassstards!*

*Perhaps don't do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Holy sh1t ... you think advising a DIY incompetent tenant to handle battery acid is a good idea? I can see the law firms drooling from here.

professore wrote: »
    Holy sh1t ... you think advising a DIY incompetent tenant to handle battery acid is a good idea? I can see the law firms drooling from here.

It sold in Mr. feckin Price, and every hardware store. It's not exactly uranium. If people can't handle household chemicals they'll probably have succumbed to domestos or toilet duck before reaching adulthood.

professore wrote: »
    I can see the law firms drooling from here.

You must be drinking the stuff if you think a LL advising a tenant to use a product could end up in a court case. Honestly some people are so afraid of being sued or non-existent reasons I'm surprised they get up in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They should put a filter on the drain if they lose a lot of hair.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/shower-hair-trap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

You must be drinking the stuff if you think a LL advising a tenant to use a product could end up in a court case. Honestly some people are so afraid of being sued or non-existent reasons I'm surprised they get up in the morning.

In fairness, you probably shouldn't be telling random people to use something which is labelled as for trade use, and is sulphuric acid based, and warns that it's not suitable for showers, on their shower. I would have thought that advising an appropriate shower-safe agent would be fine, tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

It sold in Mr. feckin Price, and every hardware store. It's not exactly uranium. If people can't handle household chemicals they'll probably have succumbed to domestos or toilet duck before reaching adulthood.

It's what yobs in england are using in acid attacks. My wife bough it for a sink in our house by mistake. I wouldn't let it in the house incase the kids found it. Offered it to a plumber who lives next door and he said no way he never uses it. Ended up taking it to Council disposal site

It's what yobs in england are using in acid attacks. My wife bough it for a sink in our house by mistake. I wouldn't let it in the house incase the kids found it. Offered it to a plumber who lives next door and he said no way he never uses it. Ended up taking it to Council disposal site

Jaysus, who'd have known it was so scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Maybe I'm a wimp, but I'd rather throw a couple of euros of chemical in there than go rooting around in someone else's dead skin cells, hair, and (probably) bodily fluids.

Rubber gloves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Most shower drains have removable traps that simply unscrew and pull out for cleaning. Most of the hair ends up tangled around this, and is easily removed without wasting money on nasty corrosive chemicals, and is much more effective. Plenty of YouTube videos explaining how to do it.

Advertisement