Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Kennels

• 24-07-2017 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Looking for some advice on your experiences with dog kennels in and around the Limerick area. I'm getting married in a few weeks and foolishly invited all our potential dog sitters to the wedding leaving us needing Kennels for the 2 dogs. Both are small dogs and have all their vaccines etc but just not too sure on where to start with the Kennels. Initially for a night but a small chance of a couple of nights the week after the wedding.
    Thanks

Apologies mods if its been done before and merge away if needed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Taking my full ESS to Ballyclough Kennels. Will be his first time in 7 yrs away from us. I'm dreading it more! Going for a sleepover on mon 31st to see how it goes. Holiday could be cancelled yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

LB6 wrote: »
    Taking my full ESS to Ballyclough Kennels. Will be his first time in 7 yrs away from us. I'm dreading it more! Going for a sleepover on mon 31st to see how it goes. Holiday could be cancelled yet!

Ballyclough is a great kennels, they do a great dog grooming service there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Parents dropped their two dogs off a Ballyclough kennels for my weddin weekend last year and they seemed to be very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wifey2017

Paul Hogan in crocadile dundee in ardnacrusha has an amazing set up and is brill with the dogs u can get a password and check up on ur dog as well his a pure gent and amazing with the doggies He took my parents dog went we got married earlier on in the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Abbey kennels in Lisnagry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Robert Hodgins in Annesgrove is fabulous. He has a really nice set up and the dogs get taken on long walks each day.

Every time I go out there dropping our lady off and collecting her, I am in awe of the place.

https://www.facebook.com/Annesgrove-Dog-Boarding-Kennels-1057381674307674/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

We use Abbey Boarding Kennels - check their facebook or website.
    Facilities second to none! I wouldn't trust anyone but Garrett with our dogs for boarding.

Another option is Jamie (ex Maxi Zoo staff) of Trails n Tails Limerick (dog walking and house calls) Again, on facebook or the web. He actually brings dogs to couples weddings for them!

Lastly - Elly runs Dogie Daycare Limerick (day time boarding only) and Jamie works with her at times so maybe you could team up both services?

All 3 come very highly recommended - as I've used all 3

Advertisement