Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New website is a joke

Options
  • 24-07-2017 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Maybe its just me but the new website is totally unusable for me.

On mobile, I can log in, to get a page allowing me to check or log a fault, or add sports to my package.

There's nothing else I can do on the mobile site, I can't find a way to even find navigation buttons so I can check/pay my bills.

On desktop its slightly better, where I can open different pages, but only in new tabs. I managed to make a payment, waiting on an email so I know if it went through, I was simply redirected to the MyEir homepage after making the payment. No confirmation of any sort.

Is there any hidden way to rollback to the old site, or even make the new one usable or am I in danger of receiving threatening texts all week because your websites broken?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi,

Maybe its just me but the new website is totally unusable for me.

On mobile, I can log in, to get a page allowing me to check or log a fault, or add sports to my package.

There's nothing else I can do on the mobile site, I can't find a way to even find navigation buttons so I can check/pay my bills.

On desktop its slightly better, where I can open different pages, but only in new tabs. I managed to make a payment, waiting on an email so I know if it went through, I was simply redirected to the MyEir homepage after making the payment. No confirmation of any sort.

Is there any hidden way to rollback to the old site, or even make the new one usable or am I in danger of receiving threatening texts all week because your websites broken?

Thanks
    Hi Digital Solitude, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with our new website. We are continuously working on this to make it the best service possible.

I'm afraid you are unable to revert back to the original one, this has been changed now. 

Thanks for letting us know, I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you.

Thanks 

Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Managed to get it working on Chrome for Android after wiping the cache and all cookies.

Firefox doesn't want to hear about it, still no go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I've a prob with the new website too. It made me wonder if it's a phishing page or just a "typo" that shouldn't have made it past QC (if there is QC!).
    I was trying to pay my bill and it requested DD/YY for the expiry date. It's the kind of error commonly found on fraudulent emails/webpages. So I stopped.
    Tried "Chat" but he just wanted to know everything about me so he could know if I am the authorised name. Is this a straightforward question?:
    On bill payment page, it is asking DD/YY for my card expiry date.
    Is it a fake/phishing page, or just a really bad oversight on the
    part of your web page designers?

Smacks of run-around. Doesn't matter who I am. Is the page a fraud or a typo?

Managed to get it working on Chrome for Android after wiping the cache and all cookies.

Firefox doesn't want to hear about it, still no go there.
    I'm glad to hear you got this sorted Digital Solitude. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks 

Anna

I've a prob with the new website too. It made me wonder if it's a phishing page or just a "typo" that shouldn't have made it past QC (if there is QC!).
    I was trying to pay my bill and it requested DD/YY for the expiry date. It's the kind of error commonly found on fraudulent emails/webpages. So I stopped.
    Tried "Chat" but he just wanted to know everything about me so he could know if I am the authorised name. Is this a straightforward question?:

Hi Banished-She, 

We do require the expiry date on the card to process the payment. This is a standard request.

Thanks 

Anna 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

eir: Anna wrote: »

Hi Banished-She, 

We do require the expiry date on the card to process the payment. This is a standard request.

Thanks 

Anna 
    Standard expiry format is MM/YY. Your site is requesting DD/YY.

java wrote: »
    eir: Anna wrote: »

Hi Banished-She, 

Thanks 

Anna 
    Standard expiry format is MM/YY. Your site is requesting DD/YY.
    Hi java, 

Apologies for the confusion, this would be an error. I have sent this off to be looked into and amended. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Anna 

Advertisement