Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Enigma2 as a backend?

• 24-07-2017 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,

This might be a question thats better suited for the Android forum, but I think given what my use is and what I'm trying to do I'll get a better answer here.

Current setup is a Mutant HD2400 on Multisat.
    I have 3 android boxes setup to use the Mutant as a TV source using the Vu+ PVR client and sharing a specific Bouquet from the HD2400.

Now as far as I can tell, the Vu+ PVR client only allows a single Bouquet to be active.
    So in my case I have it set to share a Freesat list.

Now with football season returning soon, I'd like to also share my "sports" multisat bouquet to my client box.

As I understand it, I can share either the specific bouquet, or all channels on the box.
    Is there an easy way to break out the entire channel list into categories?
    That will leave all channels viewable in a coherent list on each box?
    Is it a case of sharing all?Currently @5500channels and then breaking them out into categories via the Kodi channel manager?

Any suggestions will be appreciated, especially with regards to minimizing the manual part of the initial setup.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

banie01 wrote: »
    Hey All,

This might be a question thats better suited for the Android forum, but I think given what my use is and what I'm trying to do I'll get a better answer here.

Current setup is a Mutant HD2400 on Multisat.
    I have 3 android boxes setup to use the Mutant as a TV source using the Vu+ PVR client and sharing a specific Bouquet from the HD2400.

Now as far as I can tell, the Vu+ PVR client only allows a single Bouquet to be active.
    So in my case I have it set to share a Freesat list.

Now with football season returning soon, I'd like to also share my "sports" multisat bouquet to my client box.

As I understand it, I can share either the specific bouquet, or all channels on the box.
    Is there an easy way to break out the entire channel list into categories?
    That will leave all channels viewable in a coherent list on each box?
    Is it a case of sharing all?Currently @5500channels and then breaking them out into categories via the Kodi channel manager?

Any suggestions will be appreciated, especially with regards to minimizing the manual part of the initial setup.

If I'm understanding you right, couldn't you just put all the channels you want into the current freesat bouquet and use a separator like --- Sports --- in the bouquet?

So it would be like this..

Bouquet: [Pick a name]
    --- Entertainment ---
    BBC 1
    BBC 2
    ITV 1
    --- Sports ---
    Sky Sports PL
    Sky Sports Arena
    Sky Sports News
    --- Movies ---
    Film 4
    Sky Movies Premiere

And so on.

You can set that up easily in e-channelizer. If you right click in a blank spice within the bouquet you can use the 'Insert Marker' option to do it.
    https://image.prntscr.com/image/3ABWMx0tSXKMjbC18c_ouw.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Oat23 wrote: »
    If I'm understanding you right, couldn't you just put all the channels you want into the current freesat bouquet and use a separator like --- Sports --- in the bouquet?

So it would be like this..

Bouquet: [Pick a name]
    --- Entertainment ---
    BBC 1
    BBC 2
    ITV 1
    --- Sports ---
    Sky Sports PL
    Sky Sports Arena
    Sky Sports News
    --- Movies ---
    Film 4
    Sky Movies Premiere

And so on.

You can set that up easily in e-channelizer. If you right click in a blank spice within the bouquet you can use the 'Insert Marker' option to do it.
    https://image.prntscr.com/image/3ABWMx0tSXKMjbC18c_ouw.png

Yep, I could do that but it's messy with the pick up into Kodi.
    I was hoping for a "cleaner" solution.

I may end up going with a single consolidated bouquet as suggested but I was hopeful there would be a way to consolidate the sat feeds into something Kodi could pick up.
    I think it may be a limitation with the vu+ pvr plugin.
    If it could read miltibouquet and allow selection I could just use that but as far as I can tell it just reads a single list.

Advertisement