Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting a Business Event

Options
  • 24-07-2017 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I am new to Dublin and my company has just opened an office here in Dublin. I am looking to plan an event that would be fun and get as many people there as possible. What is common for work events that people would be excited about attending and allow for a good turn out and a good time? I had a few ideas, but not sure what would be best?

- Rugby Game
    - Dinner/Drinks
    - Bar rental with drinks and finger food
    - Soccer Game

Thanks for any ideas or advice in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

ping-pong night!

how many people do you expect to attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 edobes

I think about 15-20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

If you're looking for something centred around an event, I'm not mad about it myself, but an evening at the greyhounds at Shelbourne park is a popular option. Or one of the evening Leopardstown race meetings, though that's a bit awkward to get to. People probably tend to mingle more at those than at a rugby/soccer match where you're in a fixed seat the whole time.

But if it's a new office and you're just trying to get people out to get to know each other, drinks and finger food would probably do it either. Or a meal and drinks after.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Drink, Free Drink.. its all people care about at these things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

MOH wrote: »
    If you're looking for something centred around an event, I'm not mad about it myself, but an evening at the greyhounds at Shelbourne park is a popular option. Or one of the evening Leopardstown race meetings, though that's a bit awkward to get to. People probably tend to mingle more at those than at a rugby/soccer match where you're in a fixed seat the whole time.

But if it's a new office and you're just trying to get people out to get to know each other, drinks and finger food would probably do it either. Or a meal and drinks after.

I always enjoyed Leopardstown for work nights and they have the band's on aswell up until August, and you can throw in free drink aswell, what's not to like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Havent been but this place opened a few months back and could be good craic.

http://www.buskersontheball.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What's the demographic of the people in the office?

Sports / fitness freaks? The won't like drinking.
    Family people? typically won't like late nights.
    Ladies in heels who are heavy on the make-up - probably won't be keen on rugby or soccer (unless the players are good looking)
    People (especially feminist women) with left-leaning politics - probably won't want to play paintball etc.

It's a balancing act. What will appeal to, or at least not repel, the most people who work there.

Advertisement