Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenheron Pre Launch

Options
  • 24-07-2017 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Has anyone bought in the pre-launch in Glenheron? If so what sort of time were you waiting for contracts etc to be delivered and has anyone actually signed yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Yeah we bought but still waiting for the contracts. Hope to get them next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Patofthericks

Yeah we bought but still waiting for the contracts. Hope to get them next week.
    Thanks, we were told last week that there was a slight delay and they hoped to have them out this week. Just curious if anyone had actually got them.

We've asked Sherry Fitz if there is a problem that we should know about and were assured there isn't. But then they are estate agents so you wouldn't know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

Do either of you have a ballpark date for completion? Missed the one we wanted in P1 so hoping for P2...

I was just assuming its a backlog, Cairn have quite a few developments in Dublin at the moment. From looking at other treads they have all had delays with contracts. Cairn also just listed recently and there solicitors Eversheds did all that work too. So hopefully just a timing issue.
    @Woodenframe all I've been told so far is October / November with me info to be provided as the build progresses.

• Advertisement

Thanks Patofthericks. I have driven up to the development a few times in recent weeks and can see they are making great progress.

We are going to our solicitor on Tuesday to the contract!

We are going to our solicitor on Tuesday to the contract!

Sorry, are you going to collect or sign the contracts? We still haven't received ours.

Sorry didn't notice that. We're going to sign.

Nice, congrats. I've chased Sherry Fitz again today about the contracts as we are yet to receive ours still. We didn't put our deposit down until about 2-3 weeks after the initial launch.
    Sorry if I'm being too noisy but, did you get a build pack with the contracts detailing kitchen finishes etc?

• Advertisement

We actually haven't received anything. Our solicitor has contracts. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

how much are the houses going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Irregular Unicorn

We actually haven't received anything. Our solicitor has contracts. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.
    Hi we are still waiting for our contract from the developers solicitors. How did your signing go?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

Folks, anyone know if there is a second phase for this development and if there are any 4 bed detached being included? Also is it a requirement to be sale agreed on our own house and finally was there a mad rush when they were first launched ?

Reckon they must be launching some of the 4 bed detached next time as there is only them, the 4 bed semis and the 2 beds to launch I think.
    We were not allowed to put a deposit on 1st phase as we weekend sale agreed at the time.
    There are still a few 3 beds left and I think there were 4 bed semis up until the day before we went sale agreed, almost 3weeks after the launch
    I suppose this time it might depend if they launch before or after seagreen/ waverky/ marina village and what type of house they have on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

sinkadinka wrote: »
    Folks, anyone know if there is a second phase for this development and if there are any 4 bed detached being included?

Cairn are building 170 more houses to the south of Charlesland - don't know if this will be called Glenheron but they're currently clearing the site so I'd imagine they'll be on sale next year.

Hi we are still waiting for our contract from the developers solicitors. How did your signing go?

It didn't. It was just more papers for selling our own place. Still no sign of contracts for Glenheron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 slane2017

how much did the 4 bed detached sell for in phase 1? will be keeping an eye on phase 2 if the price is right.

575k, there was still one available when i spoke to agent late last week.
    They ones in phase 2 will be different though. P1 are two storey 4 bed detached but P2 are 4 bed dormers I think.. ie no attic space so assume they will be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wantahouse

thanks. Is that high for Greystones? Am new to the area so trying to get a feel for the house prices around here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Wantahouse wrote: »
    thanks. Is that high for Greystones? Am new to the area so trying to get a feel for the house prices around here.

It is a lot of money, but unfortunately that is what you can expect to pay for that area. I think that you will find that the build quality and insulation is very good (unlike the celtic tiger cr@p that many of us have to endure :().

Although technically these houses have the Greystones address they are really Charlesland.

thanks for filling me in. It seems like a lot of developments around there say Delgany or Greystones but are probably Kilcoole etc.

Sorry about the Celtic tiger crap you are dealing with.

As someone mentioned, #10 is still available in the Glenheron development. Is that because it is North facing do you think? Seems like a great house otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

The estate seems to be on the boundary of a few areas. Could easily be called Delgany as Glenbrook park do just across the road. As the entrance in onto the Kilcoole Road I agree it shouldnt be Charlesland, possibly Killincarrig. But suppose for overal martekablily / re-sale Greystones sounds better. They've all morphed into one area anyway.
    @Wantahouse you could have hit the nail on the head with the north facing garden. Looking at the site last night #10 is going to be a fine size house with plenty of space.
    Has anyone thats purchased had any info on the kitchens yet? I see on the Facebook page people are talking about McNally's Kitchens.

The estate seems to be on the boundary of a few areas. Could easily be called Delgany as Glenbrook park do just across the road. As the entrance in onto the Kilcoole Road I agree it shouldnt be Charlesland, possibly Killincarrig. But suppose for overal martekablily / re-sale Greystones sounds better. They've all morphed into one area anyway.
    @Wantahouse you could have hit the nail on the head with the north facing garden. Looking at the site last night #10 is going to be a fine size house with plenty of space.
    Has anyone thats purchased had any info on the kitchens yet? I see on the Facebook page people are talking about McNally's Kitchens.

Yeah some fella on there saying McNallys. Don't know where he's getting his information from.

thanks for the helpful feedback @Pedanticness.
    So tempted by #10.... I think it will be pretty bright with all those windows.

Someone on Facebook this morning saying the contracts are with our solicitors!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

Someone on Facebook this morning saying the contracts are with our solicitors!
    Just seen that, I take it you haven't heard anything either?

No nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Feasog Dearg

You do realise that Charlesland isn't a townland? The Charlesland addresses contains "Greystones". So, fear not, your address can't be a"Glenheron, Charlesland".

The snobbery in this thread is a little disturbing and I'm disappointed that it wasn't challenged early on my the moderators. I hope that it's not typical of our new neighbours in Glenheron!

Also, Pedanticness, in relation to your earlier comment, Charlesland areas are a private estates managed by different owner managed companies (except for the Spine Road which was handed over to WCC), so let's not get territorial about access to each others managed property!

Advertisement