Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenheron Pre Launch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Charlesland was a townland before it was built on, can't see that having changed? it's not a contrived name like 'Glenheron, Waverly' etc etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

The estate seems to be on the boundary of a few areas. Could easily be called Delgany as Glenbrook park do just across the road. As the entrance in onto the Kilcoole Road I agree it shouldnt be Charlesland, possibly Killincarrig. But suppose for overal martekablily / re-sale Greystones sounds better. They've all morphed into one area anyway.
    @Wantahouse you could have hit the nail on the head with the north facing garden. Looking at the site last night #10 is going to be a fine size house with plenty of space.
    Has anyone thats purchased had any info on the kitchens yet? I see on the Facebook page people are talking about McNally's Kitchens.

You do realise that Charlesland isn't a townland? The Charlesland addresses contains "Greystones". So, fear not, your address can't be a"Glenheron, Charlesland".

The snobbery in this thread is a little disturbing and I'm disappointed that it wasn't challenged early on my the moderators. I hope that it's not typical of our new neighbours in Glenheron!

Also, Pedanticness, in relation to your earlier comment, Charlesland areas are a private estates managed by different owner managed companies (except for the Spine Road which was handed over to WCC), so let's not get territorial about access to each others managed property!

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Feasog Dearg I was talking about it from Sherry Fitzgerald / Cairns point of view, people not from the area would see Greystones as a nicer area than say Killincarrig which few from outside the area would have ever heard off.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have also known Charlesland as an area even predating the development so was under the impression that it was a townland. Even if it was just [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]parochial[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif], anyway I couldn't really care what follows the estate name. Was merely making the point that estates in that general area seem to pick and chose. Eden Gate = Delgany, Glenbrook Park = Kilcoole, Greystones, Delgany depending on what website you use. The estate at the top of the hill beyond the accident black spot (forget its name) has also been referred to as Delgany, Greystones and Killincarrig.[/font]
    Also not sure what you mean earlier comment about access?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Feasog Dearg

You guys are of.course right. Never post before coffee!

I confused townland with electoral division this morning. Charlesland is a townland of Kilcoole,

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The snobbery in this thread is a little disturbing and I'm disappointed that it wasn't challenged early on my the moderators. I hope that it's not typical of our new neighbours in Glenheron!

I dont feel there was anything very snobby requiring moderator action. Please report it if you do instead of backseat moderating. As always any feedback on moderation should be by PM and not on thread.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Also, Pedanticness, in relation to your earlier comment, Charlesland areas are a private estates managed by different owner managed companies (except for the Spine Road which was handed over to WCC), so let's not get territorial about access to each others managed property!

I think that was someone elses comment

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104291435

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sarah1900

Hi Everyone,

We are considering a home in glenheron in the next phase. Does anyone know if the attics are convertible? Is there anything that distinguishes these homes from waverly/seagreen? Just trying to get a handle on all estates out there

Thanks a mil

sarah1900 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

We are considering a home in glenheron in the next phase. Does anyone know if the attics are convertible? Is there anything that distinguishes these homes from waverly/seagreen? Just trying to get a handle on all estates out there

Thanks a mil
    Hi Sarah, the attics are not immediately ready to convert. But they are convertible.
    There isn't a huge amount between Waverly and Glenheron for me, personally I don't really like the layout of Sea Green so was never a runner for us.
    Waverly are slightly bigger houses and also slightly cheaper based on the last phases. The main differences are the heating source, Waverly is the new air pump system versus gas in Glenheron. And size of estates, Glenheron is quite small 50, Waverly is about 180 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

As far as I know the attics in Glenheron are not convertible. You can see the floor plans for Glenheron here http://www.glenheron.com/wp-content/themes/qwerty/Glenheron-FloorPlans.pdf
    There are show houses open for Waverley/Seagreen so you can see exactly what they are like but I heard the show house for Glenheron won't be done until phase two😐
    The floor plans above might give you some idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

And size of estates, Glenheron is quite small 50, Waverly is about 180 I think.

Thrre are 50 in this part of the estare running parallel to the kilcoole road and then 150 plus (can't remember exact figure would need to check planning) running along the length of charlesland.

And size of estates, Glenheron is quite small 50, Waverly is about 180 I think.

Thrre are 50 in this part of the estare running parallel to the kilcoole road and then 150 plus (can't remember exact figure would need to check planning) running along the length of charlesland.
    That's going to be a separate estate, with a different entrance. Only walking access between them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

That's going to be a separate estate, with a different entrance. Only walking access between them.

Yes I've lookes at the plans. Seems to be walking route between the two parts of the estare and a charlesland. Same developers and still to be called Glenheron judging by signs at the roundabout half way down the dual carriageway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Yes I've lookes at the plans. Seems to be walking route between the two parts of the estare and a charlesland. Same developers and still to be called Glenheron judging by signs at the roundabout half way down the dual carriageway.

I doubt it will be called Glenheron if there are separate entrances on different roads, it would be really confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wantahouse

loyatemu wrote: »
    I doubt it will be called Glenheron if there are separate entrances on different roads, it would be really confusing.

I spoke to someone at the developer’s office a few weeks ago and she said it would be called Blacklion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 puamch

Wantahouse wrote: »
    I spoke to someone at the developer’s office a few weeks ago and she said it would be called Blacklion.

This also seems unlikely as there is already an area with the same name north of Greystones and will cause confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

Well, we already have 2 "New Road"s so it wouldn't be a first!

Cairn are building around 200(?) houses down at Blacklion so I presume that's what she meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sarah1900

Oh that is interesting about the other houses. I will ring sherry fitz about the attics so, I know waverly are convertible for sure, would be a shame if glenheron weren't. Also we went out for a look today, phase one looks like it's coming along quickly , looks great! Although the back gardens look very sloped , is that the case does anyone know? For example 8,9 that over look 13 and 12? Looks like a big slope . Any info would be appreciated

sarah1900 wrote: »
    Oh that is interesting about the other houses. I will ring sherry fitz about the attics so, I know waverly are convertible for sure, would be a shame if glenheron weren't. Also we went out for a look today, phase one looks like it's coming along quickly , looks great! Although the back gardens look very sloped , is that the case does anyone know? For example 8,9 that over look 13 and 12? Looks like a big slope . Any info would be appreciated

We were told today that there is no slope. One will have four steps from patio up to the garden and the other side will have the steps down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wantahouse

As far as I know the attics in Glenheron are not convertible. You can see the floor plans for Glenheron here http://www.glenheron.com/wp-content/themes/qwerty/Glenheron-FloorPlans.pdf
    There are show houses open for Waverley/Seagreen so you can see exactly what they are like but I heard the show house for Glenheron won't be done until phase twoðŸ˜
    The floor plans above might give you some idea.

The attics in Glenheron are not convertible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 alexnapier101

looks like P1 is sold out folks, the only option is a waiting list of cancellations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 This2ShallPass

Does anyone know how much the 3 & 4 beds at The View will be going for?

Dont think they have listed guide prices for The View yet, but the 4 beds in the next phase of Glenheron are starting at 495k so I'd imagine similar as they look to be very similar houses. 3 beds in the pre launch of Glenheron started at 395k so add atleast 30k to that I'd recon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Dont think they have listed guide prices for The View yet, but the 4 beds in the next phase of Glenheron are starting at 495k so I'd imagine similar as they look to be very similar houses. 3 beds in the pre launch of Glenheron started at 395k so add atleast 30k to that I'd recon.

What floor area are these do you know?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

2011 wrote: »
    What floor area are these do you know?
    Thanks

If your’re talking about the currrent ones (not The View) the 4-bed semis are 131 sq meters, whereas the 4-bed dormers are about 155 sq meters, I think. The 4-bed semis in The View should be comparable though, I’d say.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

If your’re talking about the currrent ones (not The View) the 4-bed semis are 131 sq meters, whereas the 4-bed dormers are about 155 sq meters, I think. The 4-bed semis in The View should be comparable though, I’d say.

Thanks for that. I just looked at the plans.
    They look really good, I like the open plan kitchen / dining room idea. I am not so keen on dormers as so much space is "lost" upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

2011 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I just looked at the plans.
    They look really good, I like the open plan kitchen / dining room idea. I am not so keen on dormers as so much space is "lost" upstairs.

I know what you mean, but a larger footprint downstairs is more important for me. There were two 4-bed detached units that went for €575k last Summer, and there are two more held back for the current launch. Likely to go for €630k - €650k, which is kind of mental money (to the extent that everything else isn’t already mental).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Andyb2018

Has anyone started queuing for Glenheron yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Andyb2018 wrote: »
    Has anyone started queuing for Glenheron yet?

just getting my flask of tea and tent packed.

what a f*cking mad kip of a country we live in.

I know what you mean, but a larger footprint downstairs is more important for me.

Understood. I just mean that the square footage in a dormer can be a bit deceptive as it suggests that it has more usable space than it actually has. Having said that they are an impressive looking house.

• Advertisement

sightband wrote: »
    what a f*cking mad kip of a country we live in.

Mad doesn’t start to describe it.
    This is the biggest crises our country faces in my opinion.

Advertisement